Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Sonny Bill Williams walks out on Caterbury just now

To play rugby in France.

After all the talk of loyalty and disrespect he aimed at willy mason after Willy left the dogs it smacks of hypocrisy he now has done something even worse.he's not even finishing off the season.

Good riddance

this kiwi dont think much of him thats for sure

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX

If the Dogs were winning would he be leaving , i think not , the only people annoyed will be both of the Bulldog supporters & maybe a couple of Kiwi's

The Frogs can keep him & Gaz but i wonder who will be next Thurston or Slater
    #itaintweaktospeak

The Most Beautiful City In The World...Melbourne!!!

Wtf...??? Why do we even have contracts these days? If players are just going to renege on things they sign & are meant to be fulfil, why not just let players move around as they want when they want...

I thought more of Sonny-Bill than this trash that he is supposedly giving fans. It will have quite a nuymber of people lose respect for him just like it did with Gasnier (though to be fair to Mark, we all knew he was playing games contract-wise for a while before this lil' Rugby episode)...

"Remember in this game we call 'Life' that no one said it's fair!" - W.Axl Rose

I have no respect for people like this. People who just get up and walk away from problems. I will certainly reserve my judgment on SBW pending hearing his side of the story, but if it's just about money or being "unhappy" at the Bulldogs, then all I have to say is suck it up big boy and get over it.

David Gallop is having a press interview today at Midday. I expect it will be on the Roast or Footy Show, hopefully live.

[QUOTE=C-Whiz;230866]I have no respect for people like this. People who just get up and walk away from problems. I will certainly reserve my judgment on SBW pending hearing his side of the story, but if it's just about money or being "unhappy" at the Bulldogs, then all I have to say is suck it up big boy and get over it.

I'm with you on this one. Hopefully the NRL and the dogs can put a hold on Williams career for the next 5 years so he can't make a cent from another league or rugby code. If its all about the money this could be the biggest backfire move of all time. Could have been happy with 2mil at the dogs for the nxt 4 years but instead now could be lining up in the centrelink que. I hope the nrl doesn't give in to this money hungry traitor and make him suffer.

Very poor form from Sonny, very hypocritical as well. Was not long ago he was blaming Mason for walking away from the dogs, then he goes and does exactly the same thing! Surely the NRL have to do something, it's not acceptable losing such high profile players to over seas union! But goodluck to Sonny, hope he gets his ass sued off from the Dogs, and Hope to see him on the sidelines for the next 4 years like he deserves.

And Pete I highly doubt Thurston will leave, he is a massive competitor and I can't see him walking away from NRL. Especially while he is at the forefront of his Origin/Rep Career, he has too much pride in his jumpers to do that, and I think you bunch here criticise him too heavily for whatever reason you do. :dizzy:

GO THE MAROONS!

I am absolutely disgusted about this... not so much that Sonny walked out on my club.. but the fact he did it the way he did, it is complete and utter rudeness on many peoples behalf and really just wrong.

The full story is starting to come out that Sonny apparently didn't tell his teammates, staff or the management he was leaving, he just left... however he'd been planning this for some time, his house is for sale, his girlfriend was learning French and when the club questioned him about this, he said he wasn't leaving, right up until Saturday morning where our CEO Todd Greenburg were discussing his plans with him for 2009.

On Saturday afternoon, he left without anyone knowing. People only found out cause a guy at Sydney Airport rang a radio station in Sydney saying he had just checked Sonny in to go to France.

The station rang Todd who had no idea about it and then he tried to ring Khoder Nasser, Sonny's manager. After three attempts, he got to him, and when asked the question, Khoder said 'yeah he's sick of it all, he's gone', no phone call from the management saying he was going, no indication at all... the club found out because they phoned the manager.

Meanwhile, the whole decision has now shocked his teammates, completely disgusted the fans and left the club in a mess once again, not to mention our game.

I am disgusted and I hope we win the court case and if Sonny doesn't want to play for us then that's fine, but we will have him on the sidelines for four years earning nothing... because that's what he deserves if he wants to treat the game with as much contempt as he has.

Thanks very much Titanium_BD1103 for an opinion from a real Dogs supporter & hearing about how the news was broken in Sydney
    #itaintweaktospeak

The game's a lot bigger then Sonny Bill or Mark Gasnier...we need to understand why this is happening to our sport.

People are going to be on here having opinions on Sonny Bill...some people think he's a Dog, others can understand why he did it.

We need to grow our game into spectacle that people want to play....and to do this we need clubs that players want to play for.
    The NRL need to stop supporting the struggling clubs so much and evolve a the competition into a stronger financial situation.

Nice post T_BD1103. I think you've summed it up better than the Sunday Roast panel with David Gallop did!

After what I've heard it's sounding more and more like a runner from a spoilt brat, but TBH SBW has never come across as anything like that. You'd have to hope that there is something we are missing. But either way, what he has done is way out of line and hopefully he gets what he deserves.

By the look of these post...most people have shot through Shock and Denial and headed straight for Anger.
    Gallop needs to bring us out of this anger stage with some lateral thinking...I don't want to hear this "I've been speaking to our lawyers all morning" bullsh!t...I want the comp to evolve.

Lets change the game so players want to make contracts...not break them.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    By the look of these post...most people have shot through Shock and Denial and headed straight for Anger.
    Gallop needs to bring us out of this anger stage with some lateral thinking...I don't want to hear this "I've been speaking to our lawyers all morning" bullsh!t...I want the comp to evolve.

Lets change the game so players want to make contracts...not break them.
    His a dog with respect......

"MONEY" Bill William$
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Even if the Dogs do win if it goes to court and stop SBW from playing (which is unlikely) they'll still have to pay his wages on his current contract.It's not as if SBW will stop being paid