Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Absolutely.

Here's a thought. When a player wins he gets a bonus. That's normal.
    How about if a team loses they get a fine. For every point loss $250 is added to the fine. So if the team loses by 3 converted tries, that's 18 points and a $4,500 salary deduction for each player.

I'll tell you what, there would be fewer losses and those losses we did have would be a lot closer.

Just a thought.
    Great idea.money talks and they would never stop trying for 80 mins

Quote Originally Posted by craigyd View Post
    Great idea.money talks and they would never stop trying for 80 mins
    At the same time, you want players who will never stop for 80 minutes because they are committed to the team, not to money.

I just watched the game on the game on fox and the defensive efforts of Cooper, Lewis and, as much as I hate to say it, Campbell were not good enough for NRL level. Cooper is too slow to cover the faster centers out wide, Josh Lewis is just useless (not even a speed bump) and Campbell has just been making a few bad defensive decisions lately.

It was good to have Friendy back out there to limit the meters and linebreaks up the middle that crippled us the past few weeks (most of their meters where made out wide by their backs). Harrison had his best game as 5/8 and Atkins is getting more comfortable on the wing.

I would have loved to have seen Rankin play the full match.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

If playing a 16 year old school boy, no matter how well he tried, is the best option for the team, then that speaks volumes from the coach.

The season is over and Carty is trialing for next year.
    I disagree. He was left with practically no other option. Prince injured, Rogers suspended, unable to play Davis due to salary cap (not confirmed), Kayne Lawton injured and Lewis is not NRL material. Who else could he play?

Play Campbell at 7, then who at fullback?
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Play Campbell at 7, then who at fullback?
    If you don't want Walker at FB, then put Rapana there and bring in Tonga or Gordon on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    If you don't want Walker at FB, then put Rapana there and bring in Tonga or Gordon on the wing.
    Yeah, that's not a bad option.

Absolutely.

Here's a thought. When a player wins he gets a bonus. That's normal.
    How about if a team loses they get a fine. For every point loss $250 is added to the fine. So if the team loses by 3 converted tries, that's 18 points and a $4,500 salary deduction for each player.

I'll tell you what, there would be fewer losses and those losses we did have would be a lot closer.

Just a thought.
    In theory,it's a good idea.In reality it would be illegal(I'm sure) and unfair to players who didn't play like U/6's

Players like Nathan Friend & daniel Conn who work their ****s off game in/game out & do more than their fair share of the workload already get penalised for the incompetance of a few.

Sometimes a loss is down to other factors besides players playing garbage(like last night).

Carty should be addressing the glaring defensive problems we have first and foremost. I saw more aggressive defending at the touch footy game at Robina common last saturday than I did at skilled park last night

Was that Lewis that tried to barge over from dummy half on the last tackle? One of the under 8's that played at half time could have stopped him.

Rankin showed signs that he is going to be something special. Seems to have an old football head and didn't appear to be overawed at all.

How bad was it to see Newcastle doing a lap of honour on OUR ground while our blokes slink off to the sheds? Summed up the whole night.

What is it with all the grubs who can't pick up their rubbish when leaving? Do you leave filth laying around all over your home? How hard is it to carry your junk to a bin?

Positives? We have the hottest cheer squad.

Jeebuz, I'm sorry! I was right there - right there!!! The one who came down at halftime wearing a Titans jersey and white Titans hat. Black hair. Guess I wasn't that memorable

Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie View Post
    Jeebuz, I'm sorry! I was right there - right there!!! The one who came down at halftime wearing a Titans jersey and white Titans hat. Black hair. Guess I wasn't that memorable
    to be fair, the team had put most of us to sleep by that stage

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    cant agree more, they have thrown in the towel in my mind, carty needs to get hard on them and dont forget they are all payed players, and on last nights pereformance a couple of the players were just there to make up numbers but i bet they will put there hand out for there playing payment. Carty needs to give these guys a rev, or maybe carty needs a rev from higher up about the disgracful performances of some players come on 2009 because 08 is done and dusted
    I think Lewis had already left for the Tigers & in Coopers defence he should've been replaced after he was head slammed & his legs were jelly :dizzy: but the Knights were just far too good against a team that is playing with no confidence

Lets hope 09 is a better year as even if we beat the Cowboys,Broncos & Tigers we'll still miss the 8 as we have almost the worst for & against in the comp but winning any of those games doesn't look too promising.

I'll still be cheering the guys on for the last few games so to all the supporters out there be sure To Keep The Support Going or we'll look like Broncos fans if we desert them
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    but the Knights were just far too good against a team that is playing with no confidence
    That's it in a nutshell. Newcastle played like a team wanting to be in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    I argee with u on that.....

I wouldnt say other members on here have no idea but would say they have other opnions than wat u do........
    I said some. I suppose I should have said a couple. Opinions, yes, footy knowledge, no.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    I agree with Kwigibo. I think that you maybe onto something?? What do people think of this back line for the next game?
    7. Prince ( if he is back)/ Presto
    6. Rogers
    5. Tonga
    4. Delany
    3. Josh Graham( He played centre for the Western Force)
    2. Atkins/ Rapana
    1. Presto / Rapana

I think that Friendy tightened up the ruck area, but we leaked too many points out wide. The forwards played well but some could have looked to punch through the line with purpose.

If the following players are available we should look to see if we can sign them as they come form successful clubs and can really add something to our back line. Brett Seymore, Darius Boyd and Sam Perritt.

Junior Titan

hey was just wondering if anyone knows who,ll be goalkicking this week against cowboys?presto looked pretty good last week or will rogers take over?