Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

game sucked and i dont really wanna talk about it anymore ....the boys didnt play like they usually do and the crowd was bad ....really bad!
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by goldcoastitans View Post
    game sucked and i dont really wanna talk about it anymore ....the boys didnt play like they usually do and the crowd was bad ....really bad!
    It's not good when the away supporters drown us out.

Quote Originally Posted by goldcoastitans View Post
    Hard game to get into with the Knights marching downfield at will and the Titans barely able to look like scoring despite so many chances at the Knights line.

anyone else feel that friend/laffanci/harrison all sorta try n take control n think they have to win the game?

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    anyone else feel that friend/laffanci/harrison all sorta try n take control n think they have to win the game?
    Tonight Harrison was definitely in everything but with the way that Lewis was playing, he pretty much had to. I think he just kept it up when Rankin came on, and seemed to keep the ball away from him a bit. But I think Harrison had a really good game, same with Friend.

I was all pumped up and felt good on the train to robina. The under 20's were sensational once again and the legion was looking and sounding good then at full time the legion seemed to lessen by about 50% in numbers and noise

The first set of 6 in 1st grade you could have heard a pin drop in the whole stadium and it only got worse. It was the worst atmosphere this season by a country mile. The players look like they have given up on the season already & couldn't be bothered so to be honest it's almost understandable the crowd have finally followed suit.Awful night for everyone involved apart from our U 20's

Our outside defence was abysmal and thats being generous.They ran past us at will all game and half the time we didnt even attempt to tackle.Josh lewis stopping dead in his tracks,throwing his arms up like a girl and letting the newie player stroll over untouched was disgraceful but he wasn't alone. On the plus side O'Dwyers massive tackle on Gidley(I think) was awesome and I saw him smash a couple more that went un-noticed

Our first grade team should be ashamed of themselves that they showed absolutely no attacking flair or ideas until a sixteen year old kid came on to try and run the show. Rankin showed his confidence and class the first time he touched it with his chip and chase.It was refreshing to see after watching the same old boring sh!te for the first 50 or so mins

The OOMPA LOOMPA touchie was funny as hell,then the touchie in first grade looked like Ben jeffery

Note to the skilled park female staff who approached the legion at the end. If you used a bit of civility it would have gone a long way to getting a nice response. She came barging through the legion screaming "who the **** is going to pick up this sh!t". Not everybody was told certain things have been banned (I only learned of it about 20 mins beforehand) and others didn't know at all so if you want answers speak to people in a civil manner because ranting and raving like a cow will get you nowhere fast (especially when nobody knew what you were on about when you started yelling)

all in all a crap night, I've tried to list the positives but to be honest, there weren't many

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I was all pumped up and felt good on the train to robina. The under 20's were sensational once again and the legion was looking and sounding good then at full time the legion seemed to lessen by about 50% in numbers and noise

The first set of 6 in 1st grade you could have heard a pin drop in the whole stadium and it only got worse. It was the worst atmosphere this season by a country mile. The players look like they have given up on the season already & couldn't be bothered so to be honest it's almost understandable the crowd have finally followed suit.Awful night for everyone involved apart from our U 20's

Our outside defence was abysmal and thats being generous.They ran past us at will all game and half the time we didnt even attempt to tackle.Josh lewis stopping dead in his tracks,throwing his arms up like a girl and letting the newie player stroll over untouched was disgraceful but he wasn't alone. On the plus side O'Dwyers massive tackle on Gidley(I think) was awesome and I saw him smash a couple more that went un-noticed

Our first grade team should be ashamed of themselves that they showed absolutely no attacking flair or ideas until a sixteen year old kid came on to try and run the show. Rankin showed his confidence and class the first time he touched it with his chip and chase.It was refreshing to see after watching the same old boring sh!te for the first 50 or so mins

The OOMPA LOOMPA touchie was funny as hell,then the touchie in first grade looked like Ben jeffery

Note to the skilled park female staff who approached the legion at the end. If you used a bit of civility it would have gone a long way to getting a nice response. She came barging through the legion screaming "who the **** is going to pick up this sh!t". Not everybody was told certain things have been banned (I only learned of it about 20 mins beforehand) and others didn't know at all so if you want answers speak to people in a civil manner because ranting and raving like a cow will get you nowhere fast (especially when nobody knew what you were on about when you started yelling)

all in all a crap night, I've tried to list the positives but to be honest, there weren't many
    To right paul, it definately was CRAP!

I think that try where Lewis watched him walk over the line was the worst. He has done that a few times, not playing to the whistle.

I think we may have stood a chance with Rankin in there for the full 80. He really pushed to break the line at every opportunity. If he didn't come in so late, he could have taken his time a bit more with it all.

If Prince is back next week, I'd like to see him in the 7, Rankin in 6, with Rogers replacing Cooper in the centres. Not that Cooper has done anything wrong, he's been great, just Rogers would be the better option.

O'Dwyer seemed to go a lot better in lock, that tackle on Gidley was awesome.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Yeah he was pretty funny and he even knew we were talking about him but dont forget about his old man the other guy and his younger borther the ball boy..........

Yes im with u on that chick but i think i shut her down petty qick aswell on that matter and i will be making a few calls about it......

...............disappointed.

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

ye, but knwoing carty, i rkn u see odwyer 4, with rogers 6
    can i jsut say the commentators are quick to blame presto...
    it was lewis fault, campbell had the inside man, but lewis fell for the dummy.
    i wanna see wat steve said, rogers 4, raikin 6

From what I saw it seemed that Newxastle were drawing 3 into tackles and getting an offload away just about every time. They also had guys running off the ball carrier all night looking for an offload.

Titans on the other hand were ridiculously slow to move the ball, doing the same predictible inside plays, straight into tight Newc defence that wrapped us up everytime, and we had no one running off the ball carrier.

O'Dwyer had his best game IMO from what I saw. Rankin was the only guy out there who seemed willing to take a chance and try something different. And it worked most of the time.

absolut digraceful effort from some of the first grade players, the titans short side defence was once again exposed with copper showing he is not a centre hes read in defence is terrible and he seems to be slow in making decisions, josh lewis farewell because after last nights performance pack your bags and go get some tackling practice with the under 8's, one of the worst individual games of have seen from an nrl player so good luck in balmain reserve grade side josh. on the bright side rankin was great we he injected himself, although i would have loved to see him get more involved a couple of more touches would have been great but the pressure on the kid would of been enormous congrads to Jordan,

carty should put under 20's side in for first grade next week, might spark a few of the first graders up

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    What a stupid comment! The three players you mentioned are 3 of the best defenders in the team. At least they are trying to do something! They are also the 'senior' players in the squad! Our wingers and centres would do good to take a leaf out of their books! If I was you, I would be watching where all the opposition trys are being scored. These three players will always try for opportunity. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 'Taking control and think they have to win the game' ..