Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Daniel Conn is slowly becoming one of my favourite Titans, you just got to admire his toughness and his never say die attitude.
    Add me too that list.
    Big fan of the CONN-crete banner too, I'll be looking for it on tv
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

we can win, we can win! monday night footy get ready

hopefully prince will surprise us

Gold Coast Titan Supporter For Life

Playstation 3 Supporter

The Gold Coast Titan

this would b my team for the titans vs knights game

1 Josh Lewis
    2 Jordan Rapana
    3 Gavin Cooper
    4 Brett Delaney
    5 Jordan Atkins
    6 Ashley Harrison
    7 Preston Campbell
    8 Brad Meyers
    9 Nathan Friend
    10 Michael Hodgson
    11 Anthony Laffranchi
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Luke O?Dwyer

[SIZE="5"][FONT="Arial Black"]HERE GOES THE MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY TITANS
    HERE GOES THE MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY TITANS
    HERE GOES THE MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY TITANS

mmmm lewis at fullback
    interesting to say the least

THE Gold Coast intend to drop the biggest selection bombshell in 72 years tomorrow by elevating the third youngest player in the 100-year history of rugby league to the NRL.

Titans coach John Cartwright will take the most adventurous punt of his coaching career by picking 16-year-old halfback Jordan Rankin for tomorrow night's clash against Newcastle.

A Year 11 student at Palm Beach, Currumbin, on the Gold Coast, Rankin is the Australian Schoolboys No7 and has trained with the Titans NRL squad since Wednesday.

Only Eastern Suburbs player Ray Stehr in 1929 and Wests' Jack Arnold in 1936 have made their first-grade debut at a younger age.

"He plays in the halves so it's a big ask for him. He understands the only chance of him playing was if he spent the whole week with our first-grade squad,'' Cartwright said.

"Physically he's not a man, he's a kid, but he's one of those ones where it's only a matter of time.

"I really don't want to throw him to the wolves but he's handled the under-20s on his ear. Since he's been there, they've won six out of six and he's got three players' player awards. I'll make my mind up after our final session on Sunday.''

The Sunday Telegraph understands Cartwright will shield Rankin on the interchange bench to avoid the opening exchanges before blooding him.

Rankin is 16 years and 237 days and doesn't celebrate his 17th birthday until December 17.
    The only other rookies to have tasted first grade at 16 in the past 20 years are Adam Ritson, who debuted for Cronulla in 1993, and Paul Mellor, who debuted for Souths in 1991.

Rankin was slated to appear for the Australian Schoolboys side against an English Academy outfit in Brisbane yesterday but was a last-minute withdrawal.

Last Saturday Rankin scored two tries and booted 10 goals to spearhead the Australian Schoolboys to a 68-6 win over England in Townsville.

Rugby league historian David Middleton said he had never heard of a Year 11 student playing first-grade rugby league.

"If he does play then he'll be the fifth 16-year-old in the 100-year history of the game, so it's certainly a remarkable achievement,'' Middleton said.

"He'll also be playing first grade the same year as he's played Australian Schoolboys, which is extremely rare. To put it in perspective, Brad Fittler played first grade the year after he played Australian Schoolboys, and I remember how special that was at the time.

"I've also never heard of a Year 11 student making his debut in the top grade.

"He is obviously a remarkable talent.''

The gamble on Rankin comes as the Titans search for attacking options after losing captain Scott Prince with a broken arm during the State of Origin series.

Rankin re-signed with the Gold Coast for a further three years on Tuesday.

from courior mail

wow imagine if he does play well, him 6, prince 7 for years to come
    n rogers can finally go back to center. makes me wet thinking about it

If they do debut him it would be a stunning and exciting moment. And it would make me once again feel proud to be part of a club that likes to chance its arm and do the unexpected, experiment.

Also patske, we'd also have Zillman in the mix as well as a fit Chris Walker for a centre position. It's looking great for the futre!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Once again if he gets pick i think we should give him the good old welcome wen they warm up thats right boys get those voices our and give him the LEGION welcome....

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    Once again if he gets pick i think we should give him the good old welcome wen they warm up thats right boys get those voices our and give him the LEGION welcome....
    Good call tattman, A good Legion welcome would be great for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

hopefully prince wil be on the squad alongside to help

Gold Coast Titan Supporter For Life

Playstation 3 Supporter

The Gold Coast Titan

RAN-KIN!
    RAN-KIN!
    RAN-KIN!

-or-

RAAAAAAN-KIIIIIIIN
    RAAAAAAN-KIIIIIIIN
    RAAAAAAN-KIIIIIIIN

will be very interesting to see how the other boys on the park respond to his presence on the field......he nearly half the age of bedsy.....

and also our Team.........will they step up, to protect him, step up with the thought of "holy crap........if cartys bringing 16 year olds into the team, i better pick up my act........."

who knows......but yea, it'll be interesting to say the least......

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    RAN-KIN!
    RAN-KIN!
    RAN-KIN!

-or-

RAAAAAAN-KIIIIIIIN
    RAAAAAAN-KIIIIIIIN
    RAAAAAAN-KIIIIIIIN
    I like the 2nd option. We'll definitely have to test both out though.

I think the decision to play him will come down to Rankin himself. If he feels comfortable with it.

Certainly exciting developments and as I say to other fans discussing the issue with me, I say well if any club will pull a surprise out of the hat, it'll be the Titans. So expect the unexpected.

I'm just generally excited for the future that we have a player of his class. Just a matter of when that future comes to pass.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

man matthews played well
    but jeez
    they seemed like they didnt want to give rainkin the ball
    the last few mins when he got invovled produced 2 great kicks...
    dnt know y campbell kicked for the line of that pently...
    just need to give him a go n he will be right i rkn
    i think u see dwyer back in at centre next game, he started playing there towards the end :S

DELANEY: He should look at his own game before he blows up his team mates. I lost count on how many miss tackles he did which 70% of them resulted in tries!

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    man matthews played well
    but jeez
    they seemed like they didnt want to give rainkin the ball
    the last few mins when he got invovled produced 2 great kicks...
    dnt know y campbell kicked for the line of that pently...
    just need to give him a go n he will be right i rkn
    i think u see dwyer back in at centre next game, he started playing there towards the end :S
    I'd like to see atkins move into centre rather than odwyer.