Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Winning won't be good enough.With our for/against we will need a good 3 try margin if we are to have any hope getting to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Winning won't be good enough.With our for/against we will need a good 3 try margin if we are to have any hope getting to the finals.
    4 wins puts us on 30 points...forget about 'for and against'...2 competition points is all we should be focused on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I've just checked out our side and we have a massive task...like others have said, we have to treat this game as our grand final...we lose this and I'll bet a thousand on the fat lady singing.

If Lewis has a good kicking game...it's possible that Friend, Laffranchi and Minichello can control this game in the forwards.

Good to see Meyers back in the front row and Stosic's size off the bench may help (glad to see him have a go last weekend)

Now that O'dwyer is in a position that suits him...I hope he shows all his critics wrong...if he doesn't have a blinder, fans will be crying for Carty's head.

If the boys can win this...I believe they have a shot in the finals.

Predictions
    Harrison has a blinder in defense, stopping inexperienced halves.
    Friend outplays Buderus
    Lewis kicks a 40-20
    Graham sends Hilder into Disneyland
    Rapana scores try of the year
    Minchello last try scorer

Go you Titans!
    That's a great post Chaos.

This is it. Might as well head out on Mad Monday if we let another 2 points through to the keeper here.

We couldn't get past the Knights with a near to full strength team earlier in the year so it makes the ask look all the more hard. While my heart will always say 'Titans' my head says Knights and I have tipped accordingly in my tipping comp.

I have never hoped more fervently that I am wrong.

while i agree with u karnage,,im leading my work tipping and for once in the last few months am tipping titans to win,mainly cos of the player of the year nathan friend,so i like you, hope we win cos im gonna be screaming in stand 6 and im always miserable when we lose .

well i do have a feeling that three straight losses will get through the titans minds, and having minichelo back is a bonus. so if the titans come out with the right attitude and their goals set for the remainder weeks of the game, we can win this easily.

Gold Coast Titan Supporter For Life

Playstation 3 Supporter

The Gold Coast Titan

Quote Originally Posted by squirrell View Post
    while i agree with u karnage,,im leading my work tipping and for once in the last few months am tipping titans to win,mainly cos of the player of the year nathan friend,so i like you, hope we win cos im gonna be screaming in stand 6 and im always miserable when we lose .
    I'm in the same boat as you squirrell...I'm also leading a tipping comp and my tip for the Titans this week has faith written all over it.

Junior Titan

im a close second in my tipping and i like most of the underdogs in this weeks round,call me crazy but im tipping Manly,Tigers,NZ,Penrith and Titans.here goes nothing

Quote Originally Posted by craigyd View Post
    im a close second in my tipping and i like most of the underdogs in this weeks round,call me crazy but im tipping Manly,Tigers,NZ,Penrith and Titans.here goes nothing
    ok ill call u crazy!! storm,dragons and raiders i hope

Gung-ho Conn to turn up uninvited

Luke Turgeon

August 8th, 2008

TOUGH Titans backrower Daniel Conn has not given up hope of running out against Newcastle on Monday despite being told by coach John Cartwright to rest after being treated in hospital with a virus at the weekend.

Conn was struck down with the illness the morning of the Gold Coast's clash with the Storm last Friday, before deteriorating to the point where he spent most on Sunday in hospital on a drip.

The 22-year-old, who has also been battling separate shoulder, hand and ankle injuries over the past several weeks, was handed an enforced layoff by Cartwright in a bid to get back some strength. But Conn plans to turn up at Titans training today uninvited to push for a starting spot.

"I haven't given up yet," said Conn, who has played 12 games for the Titans this season. "Carty said to stay away for a couple of days. But I will sneak back in.

"But I might have to put a balaclava on to run around, and see if he notices me."

Conn's attitude sums up the feeling in the Titans camp ahead of the Skilled Park showdown. Needing to win at least three more games to stand a chance of making the finals, the Titans know a victory over the Knights is crucial.

"I have been eating the house down trying to get some weight back on and doing my own training," said Conn. "I just really want to keep getting in that starting side. I have a real point to prove."

* TITANS tallman Gavin Cooper yesterday signed a two-year deal with the Penrith Panthers.

Cooper had been linked to the Cowboys but settled on Penrith.

Titans managing director Michael Searle said it was unlikely the club would search for new centre, with the majority of the club's 2009 funds already locked in.

Source - www.goldcoast.com.au
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Daniel Conn is slowly becoming one of my favourite Titans, you just got to admire his toughness and his never say die attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

awesome.....ill be packing my CONN-crete banner after all..................man hes a gun player and i wish him all the best with this 'point*' hes trying to prove...

*Hardest player on feild in 2008?

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Daniel Conn is slowly becoming one of my favourite Titans, you just got to admire his toughness and his never say die attitude.
    +1

In fact after Preston I think Conn is my favourite player

conn been my fav for a while
    just love his attitude towards playing footy
    want sot do anythign he can for the guys around.
    hopefully he does play casue we need his defense

Conn really has exploded in popularity and he is now one of those players that you both relate as a class Titans player but also a player that exhibits those personality aspects we believe the Titans is about.

And what better way to honour him than 89's awesome banner.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan Airlie Beach Titan's Avatar

That is hero, Conn can't be stopped.