Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2007 View Post
    What a stupid comment! The three players you mentioned are 3 of the best defenders in the team. At least they are trying to do something! They are also the 'senior' players in the squad! Our wingers and centres would do good to take a leaf out of their books! If I was you, I would be watching where all the opposition trys are being scored. These three players will always try for opportunity. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 'Taking control and think they have to win the game' ..
    I thought that comment meant that there are 14 other players in the team, but they seemed to be the only ones doing anything.

A pathetic performance & everyone who was calling for Lewis to get a shot in the top grade will be very quiet after last nights effort & i think the Tigers will asking for their money back if they watch his last 2 games.
    Cooper copped a headslam from the Mongrel Dog & his legs had turned to jelly then he probably should've left then field as it would not have counted on the interchange as the hit was put on report.

Agree with Whiz it was easily Odwyers best game & we'll see his hit on Gidley in many replays

All in all easily the worst game this year.

Well done to Rankin on debut has he showed a touch of what he's capable of doing but if The Prince is back next week i don't think we'll see him again this year as our 20's have a serious shot at the title & he needs to be there to steer the guys around the park
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

all in all a crap night, I've tried to list the positives but to be honest, there weren't many
    There was at least one - I came down to see the Legion for most of the second half!

And DieHard, you should change your name to Innocent^Brad. Don't you agree, Steve?

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie View Post
    There was at least one - I came down to see the Legion for most of the second half!

And DieHard, you should change your name to Innocent^Brad. Don't you agree, Steve?
    Did u come down i didnt get to say hi?????

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I thought that comment meant that there are 14 other players in the team, but they seemed to be the only ones doing anything.
    It could have (and I apologise if I jumped too quick) but I took it the other way and what I wrote I believe. A couple that post on here just have no idea. Harrison got Player's Player, pity it was in a losing game, so amongst the players, he must have shown something. Inexperience & weak defense on the fringes is what cost us the game, not 3 individuals trying to 'win' it themselves! Have you ever noticed that they are ' damned if they do and damned if they don't?

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    Did u come down i didnt get to say hi?????
    me neither ................
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

It could have (and I apologise if I jumped too quick) but I took it the other way and what I wrote I believe. A couple that post on here just have no idea. Harrison got Player's Player, pity it was in a losing game, so amongst the players, he must have shown something. Inexperience & weak defense on the fringes is what cost us the game, not 3 individuals trying to 'win' it themselves! Have you ever noticed that they are ' damned if they do and damned if they don't?
    Harrison had a great game. He put it a few really good kicks (I didn't know he could kick) and at times it seemed like he was the half back and not Lewis. If we didn't have Harrison and Friend, we would have lost by a lot more.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I argee with u on that.....

I wouldnt say other members on here have no idea but would say they have other opnions than wat u do........

If playing a 16 year old school boy, no matter how well he tried, is the best option for the team, then that speaks volumes from the coach.

The season is over and Carty is trialing for next year.

Might as well through my passes away and get another $1,000 out for next seaon.

As I always say, it's not the loss that gets up my kilt, it's the complete lack of effort and the obvious capitulation they have shown in the last weeks that rots my shorts.

Instead of patting each other on the back and saying bad luck when a mistake is made, they should be getting kicked up the back-side.

I know is was only said in jest, but replacing this team with the Toyota Cup team might shake a few up, and you never know, we might get a win.
    They couldn't do any worse.

Here a challenge for the team. Let's see if you can actually win another game before the end of the season.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    anyone else feel that friend/laffanci/harrison all sorta try n take control n think they have to win the game?
    if they dont take control we are fodder,its a pity that only 3 players were standing up to be counted,there lies the big issue

Junior Titan

i thought our biggest problem last night was we seemed to have plenty of spectators on the field,waiting for someone else to make the tackle,waiting for someone else to take the ball up,and on several occasions i was waiting for someone to kick the ball on the 5th tackle,3 times on the 5th tackle we were caught with the ball and twice we were within striking distance.
    I think Carty needs to take his head out of the sane,i cant believe in the press conferences the last 3 weeks he has said the same dribble like,they never stopped trying,more like they never started

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    If playing a 16 year old school boy, no matter how well he tried, is the best option for the team, then that speaks volumes from the coach.

The season is over and Carty is trialing for next year.

Might as well through my passes away and get another $1,000 out for next seaon.

As I always say, it's not the loss that gets up my kilt, it's the complete lack of effort and the obvious capitulation they have shown in the last weeks that rots my shorts.

Instead of patting each other on the back and saying bad luck when a mistake is made, they should be getting kicked up the back-side.

I know is was only said in jest, but replacing this team with the Toyota Cup team might shake a few up, and you never know, we might get a win.
    They couldn't do any worse.

Here a challenge for the team. Let's see if you can actually win another game before the end of the season.

cant agree more, they have thrown in the towel in my mind, carty needs to get hard on them and dont forget they are all payed players, and on last nights pereformance a couple of the players were just there to make up numbers but i bet they will put there hand out for there playing payment. Carty needs to give these guys a rev, or maybe carty needs a rev from higher up about the disgracful performances of some players come on 2009 because 08 is done and dusted

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    anyone else feel that friend/laffanci/harrison all sorta try n take control n think they have to win the game?
    It's a pity a few more didn't think they had to win the game.

I'd add Preston campbell to the 3 already stated. he may have dropped a few balls last night but this bloke gives 110% every single week and runs harder than anybody for 80 mins.

When he was taken out by one of their props mid air last night & nearly knocked out of the stadium to broadbeach I thought he'd be dead but he popped straight back up and got stuck in straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    cant agree more, they have thrown in the towel in my mind, carty needs to get hard on them and dont forget they are all payed players, and on last nights pereformance a couple of the players were just there to make up numbers but i bet they will put there hand out for there playing payment. Carty needs to give these guys a rev, or maybe carty needs a rev from higher up about the disgracful performances of some players come on 2009 because 08 is done and dusted
    Absolutely.

Here's a thought. When a player wins he gets a bonus. That's normal.
    How about if a team loses they get a fine. For every point loss $250 is added to the fine. So if the team loses by 3 converted tries, that's 18 points and a $4,500 salary deduction for each player.

I'll tell you what, there would be fewer losses and those losses we did have would be a lot closer.

Just a thought.