Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

ummm

Centre Luke O'Dwyer is struggling to be fit to play the Roosters this weekend with a shoulder injury as is lock Daniel Conn.

However Jordan Atkins could be set to make a timely return from a knee injury to replace Bowen.

Speedster Shannon Walker trained on Monday and given the injuries he could come into contention for the weekend's clash.

Coach John Cartwright would promote Tweed Heads centre Gavin Cooper if O'Dwyer is ruled out while he has Ballina product Clint Amos, who played 15 NRL games last season, Queensland Cup forward Selasi Berdie and former Queensland and Australian prop Brad Meyers in the wings if needed.

from foxsports

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright began yesterday's training session with just 15 fit players, and ended with 14 – centre Brett Delaney pulling up sore and almost certain to miss Friday night's game against the Roosters with a leg injury.

from courior mail

another injury? :S
    n gavin cooper? his a fine palyer, deserves anotehr shot in the starting team, but a centre? is he quick enough? fit enough?

delaney been one of our most consistant
    i dont see how carty can drop dwyer n jefferys now anyway, atkins pushed in? or jeffery pushed in, with cooper on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    another injury? :S
    n gavin cooper? his a fine palyer, deserves anotehr shot in the starting team, but a centre? is he quick enough? fit enough?

delaney been one of our most consistant
    i dont see how carty can drop dwyer n jefferys now anyway, atkins pushed in? or jeffery pushed in, with cooper on the bench?
    When Cooper 1st came on the scene at the Cowboys he was being touted as a possible Origin player & the next Gene Miles as he was playing centres but i must admit i'm not convinced yet
    #itaintweaktospeak

i read a article how he was cut how he didnt get offered a contract.
    but in it, it said he had to by his time, n grab the opp when it came to him, so i guess this is his last shot of proving his worth to the gold coast n maybe getting a deal, or to prove to other teams he has something, gl to the kid

This is encouraging for me. I would love to see Cooper get some games under his belt with the space that centre provides. I think we need Campbell in at halfback and the only reason I can see them bringing in Lewis is to play 5/8 and push Rogers into the centres. I reckon Carty is just trying a few combinations to see how they go. This is the most anticipated line-up of the season since round 1! Lets hope Hoss doesn't disappoint, at least not all of us!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

I really haop cooper gets the start he has alot to offer if he was good enough to play the very frist game for the titans why not now...

Mini going to miss a month according to our site, so Cooper possibly going into backrow?

im confused, i cant wait to see this team tbh, Carty must be puling his hair out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

They are falling down like flies!!!

I knew having a full line up to choose from the other week wouldn't last but fair go!!!

I think it is immensely important that we keep Davis at half, bring in Lewis to pivot and move Rogers to the centres to cover the loss of Delaney.

Someone has to protect Jeffery if he plays because if Anasta and Pearce were happy to bomb Folau and Inglis then god knows what they have in store for Ben and the rest of the vertically challenged backs???!!!!

MY SIDE:

1. Campbell
    2. Atkins
    3.Tonga
    4. Rogers
    5. Rapana
    6. Lewis
    7. Davis
    8.Hodgson
    9. Friend
    10.Henderson
    11. GOD
    12. Conn
    13. Swain

14. Cross
    15. Matthews
    16. Cooper
    17.Stosic

I thought about giving Jeffery a go in the centres but against Soliolia, Kenny-Dowall, Sa and whichever other giants they have roaming out wide I don't think this is the week for experimantation.

If we don't a t least match it with them in the forwards I am a tad worried the likes of Tupou, Sa, Mason and co may run riot.....
    Last edited by Big J; 08-07-08 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Forgot Someone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    I really haop cooper gets the start he has alot to offer if he was good enough to play the very frist game for the titans why not now...
    You just want Coops to play because he's on your Arm
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan

if the players remain out that have been metioned the last few days this would be my team for the roosters game

1. PRESTON
    2. RAPANA
    3. COOPER
    4. ROGERS
    5. ATKINS
    6. LEWIS
    7. DAVIS
    8. HENDERSON
    9. FRIEND
    10.HODGSON
    11.LAFFRANCHI
    12.CONN
    13.GRAHAM

14.STOSIC
    15.MATTHEWS
    16.TONGA
    17.WALKER

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    They are falling down like flies!!!

I knew having a full line up to choose from the other week wouldn't last but fair go!!!

I think it is immensely important that we keep Davis at half, bring in Lewis to pivot and move Rogers to the centres to cover the loss of Delaney.

Someone has to protect Jeffery if he plays because if Anasta and Pearce were happy to bomb Folau and Inglis then god knows what they have in store for Ben and the rest of the vertically challenged backs???!!!!

MY SIDE:

1. Campbell
    2. Atkins
    3.Tonga
    4. Rogers
    5. Rapana
    6. Lewis
    7. Davis
    8.Hodgson
    9. Friend
    10.Stosic
    11. GOD
    12. Conn
    13. Swain

14. Cross
    15. Matthews
    16. Cooper
    17.Amos

I thought about giving Jeffery a go in the centres but against Soliolia, Kenny-Dowall, Sa and whichever other giants they have roaming out wide I don't think this is the week for experimantation.

If we don't a t least match it with them in the forwards I am a tad worried the likes of Tupou, Sa, Mason and co may run riot.....
    No Meyers? He has to get a run right, don't know why he was left out the last couple.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    No Meyers? He has to get a run right, don't know why he was left out the last couple.
    Yeah me either, he has been in great form, he is still slow around the ruck, but imo i think he has been great for us.

ok my side

1. Cambell
    2. Atkins
    3. Rogers
    4. Jefferies
    5. Rapana
    6. Davis
    7. Lewis
    8. Henderson
    9. Friend
    10 Hodgeson
    11 Myers
    12 Lanfranci
    13 Conn

14 Cooper
    15 Matthews
    16 Swain
    17 Stosic
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Yeah me either, he has been in great form, he is still slow around the ruck, but imo i think he has been great for us.

ok my side

1. Cambell
    2. Atkins
    3. Rogers
    4. Jefferies
    5. Rapana
    6. Davis
    7. Lewis
    8. Henderson
    9. Friend
    10 Hodgeson
    11 Myers
    12 Lanfranci
    13 Conn

14 Cooper
    15 Matthews
    16 Amos
    17 Stosic
    Change that i would put Amos in for Swain, as he can cover a halve if needed

just for comparison this was our side last year round 17, where we lost to the Broncos in a thriller

Gold Coast Titans:
    1. Preston Campbell
    2. Matt Petersen
    3. Luke O'Dwyer
    4. Brett Delaney
    5. Smith Samau
    6. Josh Lewis
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Ian Donnelly
    11. Michael Hodgson
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Luke Swain
    Subs:
    14. Kris Kahler
    15. James Stosic
    16. Gavin Cooper
    17. Clint Amos

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    You just want Coops to play because he's on your Arm
    You maybe right on that.