Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    WHEN Luke O'Dwyer agreed to rest his troublesome AC joint, he didn't expect he might face a battle to reclaim his Titans' centre position.

But in the wake of Friday night's stunning upset win over the Roosters, O'Dwyer admits he will return to Gold Coast training with a big task ahead of him.

"I'll be back at it tomorrow and after what the young guys did on Friday night I'll have to really rip in and show some enthusiasm to get back in the team," he said.
    "from courior mail
    OK... so I dont throw a tanti on here that often... but I m going to jump on my soap box for just one second...... Does anyone else find it insulting to read "I ll have to really rip in and show some enthusiasm to get back in the team"

I read through this and just stared at it..... We have just had one loss after the other but its not until the threat of not being in the team that you think geez... i might need to show a little more enthusiasm.... Your fans are devistated week after week and now... that you are in fear of loosing your position to you want to show a little more enthusiasm.... I would have thought that each time you walk out on skilled that you look around and seeing 20 odd thousand people screaming out, would have been enough to bring on a little enthusiasm. A lot of these people scrape their money together to get the tickets, for some its their escape from the stresses... but they are not enough to bring on some enthusiasm.

SO now I m left with 2 options....... 1. hope he was misquoted.... or 2. wont be able to look at him the same way again....

Just not happy Jan!

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    OK... so I dont throw a tanti on here that often... but I m going to jump on my soap box for just one second...... Does anyone else find it insulting to read "I ll have to really rip in and show some enthusiasm to get back in the team"

I read through this and just stared at it..... We have just had one loss after the other but its not until the threat of not being in the team that you think geez... i might need to show a little more enthusiasm.... Your fans are devistated week after week and now... that you are in fear of loosing your position to you want to show a little more enthusiasm.... I would have thought that each time you walk out on skilled that you look around and seeing 20 odd thousand people screaming out, would have been enough to bring on a little enthusiasm. A lot of these people scrape their money together to get the tickets, for some its their escape from the stresses... but they are not enough to bring on some enthusiasm.

SO now I m left with 2 options....... 1. hope he was misquoted.... or 2. wont be able to look at him the same way again....

Just not happy Jan!
    Great point GCT...O'dwyer reminds me of a worker with no job description...does nothing productive but also nothing to warrant the sack.

I think the attitude he has now is a positive for the Titans....hopefully the pressure he puts on the others players, keeps their positions.

Coaster,
    I'm not a great fan of stacking the centres with second rowers...if we have a conservative Delany on one side, I'd rather someone with flair on the other. I'd like to see if Jeffery could handle the front line defense because his attack would be useful at centre.

ahahaha just watching the footy show
    ahahah
    start of the game presto gave the roosters mascot a little punch in the head as he was walking past on the way out via the tunnel to the ground ahaha

jeez i love presto!

man i would like to see on wat basis why they picked dwyer or cooper for :S
    do they have something against him?
    i thought he played well last year, n the few games this year he was strong, last week was his best effort, but yet has no contract :S
    same thing with meyers... i rate him over hodgeson :S
    Last edited by patskE; 18-07-08 at 12:27 AM.

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    man i would like to see on wat basis why they picked dwyer or cooper for :S
    do they have something against him?
    i thought he played well last year, n the few games this year he was strong, last week was his best effort, but yet has no contract :S
    same thing with meyers... i rate him over hodgeson :S
    so with you on the above statements....we will never know
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!