Thread: Hi from the UK

Default Hi from the UK

Hi everyone. I'm a Wigan fan but have adopted the Titans as my second team. My wife is Australian and so my two children are half aussie I suppose. We are all flying out in July to the Gold Coast where my in-laws live. I want to go to see the Round 24 match at Suncorp against Brisbane. I will will enjoy the Titans beating them as Wigan did back in 1994! However, I'n not sure the best way of going about it. Should I purchase a ticket from ticketek - the website said Suncorp had an Away Supporters Bay but when I looked it was in a crap corner of the ground. I certainly don't want to sit with Broncos fans! Is there another way of purchasing tickets so that I can sit with Titan fans and is there a way of booking a coach/train to travel up with Titan fans?

Many Thanks and good luck with season 2. I get the NRL on Setanta here in the UK and try and follow the Titans progress (certainly better than watching Wigan this year! - Trent who?

Cheers

Hi Dave!

Great to hear you will be visiting Australia and more importantly attending a Titans game!

You have come to the right place to have your answers questions. Not only can we supply you with great advice but I'm sure our users can also offer you some great tips on nightspots.

I believe you would be best to purchase your tickets off Ticketek.com.au. I would recommend that you purchase them using the ezy ticket option, which means the match tickets will be emailed to you in a pdf format that you can print.

This makes it straight forward for you to secure your tickets and you also have an online backup if you lose them on the way over here.

The sooner you buy the better, because tickets will sell fast and the closer to the field the better IMO.

I guess you need to weight up if you want to sit on the 50m line in premium seats or sit in the opposition (Titans) supporters bay which may be less quality seats on paper.

But you will likely surrounded by Broncos fans. In the Titans bay you can be assured the best atmosphere and passion in the stadium. Which I think more than compensates for the lesser seating quality. You'll get a great view with the more expensive seats but you'll get a far better experience with the Titans bay.

And even better most of us Titans fans on this forum will likely be sitting in the Titans Supporter Bay, so you can meet us!

I'm not sure about a bus from the Coast up, that didn't happen last year, but if the club decides to put anything on we will let you know.

You get free travel on the train from the Gold Coast included with your match tickets. And you can catch the train right to Suncorp Stadium, with the station just across the road and acessible via walk way over the road. That will be how most of us will be getting to the game.

The train ride will be easy and painless and straight forward. And there will be heaps of Titans fans on board!

Also remember the saying, there are no bad seats at Lang Park! (Suncorp Stadium)
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 15-06-08 at 06:22 AM.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Dave.....the best way to spoil a game is to sit with a Bronco. So even though the "away" seats are ummmm well not the best...... the people who sit in them are.

Here's to 2015

welcome buddy....

well i can say that i will be seated in the away supporters bay.... row 3.

i have sat in a few places at suncorp and like DIEHARD said, there is no bad seats at Suncorp....
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Smile

Hi,

Cheers for all the advice, much appreciated. Titans supporters bay it is then. Hope to see you all there. I do possess a Titans polo shirt but I guess I will have to wear my Wigan top at Suncorp (or maybe even England?!). Also interested in these great "tips" on nightspots. Do fans tend to go for a beer before / after the game?

P.S. Many thanks for Richie Mathers. Possibly the worst fullback ever to wear cherry and white (yes I know he's English!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wigan Dave View Post
    Hi,

Cheers for all the advice, much appreciated. Titans supporters bay it is then. Hope to see you all there. I do possess a Titans polo shirt but I guess I will have to wear my Wigan top at Suncorp (or maybe even England?!). Also interested in these great "tips" on nightspots. Do fans tend to go for a beer before / after the game?

P.S. Many thanks for Richie Mathers. Possibly the worst fullback ever to wear cherry and white (yes I know he's English!)
    well i go always go out after the games at skilled park, brisbane i am not too sure about on where to go.. GCT_89 maybe you could answer this one

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wigan Dave View Post
    Hi,

THE CAXTON!!!! ...best ever place to have a few beers before the game and its next to Suncorp stadium
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

Yea the Caxton HAS to be part of your trip to Brisbane.

It's part of the fabric of Brissie and Queensland rugby league.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by goldcoastitans View Post
    THE CAXTON!!!! ...best ever place to have a few beers before the game and its next to Suncorp stadium
    So... are we doin a night out in brissie after the broncos game...???