Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Lockyer Out! Prince in!

It's now offical Lockyer is out for game 2 & The Prince is in the starting line up at 7 where he should've been in game 1

I just hope Boof doesn't bash too hard
    #itaintweaktospeak

Beat me to the punch!

Congrats Princy.

I just saw this on SKY NEWS and bolted to the PC!

IT'S A BIG LOSS FOR QUEENSLAND BUT WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE ANOTHER LEGEND IN SCOTT PRINCE TO FILL THE VOID!

Congratulations Scott! Much deserved! We are all so happy to see you in the squad!

Makes those PRINCE 4 ORIGIN signs all the more collectable!

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Titans team, Davies might get his crack at the NRL.

Drama a plenty.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Congrats Scotty Prince on your official return to the QLD Origin team. I think us Titans supporters know you won't let anyone down.

NSW be afraid, very afraid...

Lockyer ruled out of Origin Two

QUEENSLAND Maroons skipper and five-eighth Darren Lockyer has today been ruled out of the second State of Origin match.

Scott Prince replaces the injured Lockyer in the XXXX Maroons team.

Prince is the new halfback and will wear the No. 7 jersey. Johnathan Thurston is expected to switch from halfback to five-eighth and will wear No. 6.

In Lockyer's absence, Cameron Smith is the new captain.

The XXXX Maroons will have an opposed session against the Queensland Residents team at Skilled Park this afternoon.

Source: http://www.qrl.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Thurston at 5/8th and Prince at halfback is certainly the best line up!

Been saying it all year, glad it might eventuate.

About time the selectors have got something right. This has been my dream halves combination for the past 3 years!! I hope Thurston overcomes his groin injury to see this really happen..........
    :beer: :naughty:

That's a shame for Locky... but congrats to Princey... he is finally getting the chance he deserves at number 7...

I am sure he'll give it his all and do the best, but I hope he doesn't have too good a game... or that Thurston gives him nothing... that would be nice... as it would mean NSW 2-0...

Yeah I know... but hey, it's state against state, mate against mate... and I like Princey, but I like NSW more...

Quote Originally Posted by TITANS007 View Post
    About time the selectors have got something right. This has been my dream halves combination for the past 3 years!! I hope Thurston overcomes his groin injury to see this really happen..........
    I think they're expecting Thurston to play, but Prince 7, Harrison 6 if he doesn't? It could work. They've got a bit of a combination together.

Glad they went with Prince this time. Still doesn't compensate for the loss of Lockyer though.

Doesn't matter who QLD have in the halves though really, if our forward pack doesn't match it with NSW we'll lose. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

That is true Capital Shark. Our victory or defeat lays with our forwards...

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    That is true Capital Shark. Our victory or defeat lays with our forwards...
    Agree with you but don't underestimate the loss of Hodges he was probably Qlds best in game 1
    #itaintweaktospeak

Why is Darren Lockyer getting selected for representative games. He has hardly played all year due to injury. He is not match fit or physically fit. He should not have been named in the first place.

Just like I said when he dropped out of the Australian team unfit. Shore he is Darren Lockyer but he shouldn't automatically be selected because of who he is. Someone should be selected on match performances and match fitness. He hasn't had either.

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    Why is Darren Lockyer getting selected for representative games. He has hardly played all year due to injury. He is not match fit or physically fit. He should not have been named in the first place.

Just like I said when he dropped out of the Australian team unfit. Shore he is Darren Lockyer but he shouldn't automatically be selected because of who he is. Someone should be selected on match performances and match fitness. He hasn't had either.
    Exactly! why pick a player thats not fit or on the borderline of being match fit. One reason, it not good if he get hurt and then it harper his NRL team. Second, why! if your coach let him.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    Glad they went with Prince this time. Still doesn't compensate for the loss of Lockyer though.

Doesn't matter who QLD have in the halves though really, if our forward pack doesn't match it with NSW we'll lose. Simple as that.
    Equally as surprising as Scott Prince's inclusion is the re-emergence of Capital Shark! Haven't seen or heard of you for a while mate.

Anyway, as I posted in one of the many Scott Prince for Origin threads, I can't believe it takes lockyer, coming back from repetitive knee surgery, having played about 1.3 games this year, having to admit he's not ready for Origin before the selectors, doctors, coaching staff et al, decide, "Hey, maybe Locky's not ready, let's find a replacement."

Good luck to Scott, and I'm sure he'll do Qld and the Titans proud.

But like I've said, if Qld lose this series, it will rest firmly on the shoulders of the selectors and Mal who didn't have the balls or foresight to look beyond reputations and past glory to consider the in-form talent that has been begging to be selected!