Default didnt lockyer retire?

i might be mistaken but didnt darren lockyer retire from rep footy befor this season began?

First ive heard of it mate.

Titan CEO

would have been huge news if he did. i didnt hear anything tho.

Maybe in dimension X.

But Lockyer will lead the Kangaroos to World Cup glory at the end of the year and has even talked about another rep season in 2009.

Lockyer also featured heavily in promotions and advertisements for the Centenary Test.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt_Beno View Post
    i might be mistaken but didnt darren lockyer retire from rep footy befor this season began?
    Maybe before the season began he retired from Rep football to focus on helping the Broncos win another premiership, then after their dismal start to the season thought, "WTF, I might as well just play rep footy and accept the Titans are going to claim it this year".

I think his knee semi-retired at some stage though.

He might do it after the next origin match
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I think his knee semi-retired at some stage though.

But seriously, I think that knee might be bringing his retirement closer. I hope it holds out for the Origin series though...

I'm sure I heard something at the start of the season that he'd scrapped his rep retirement plans after missing so much of last season and getting his hunger back.

Why he can't walk away

Peter Badel | July 01, 2007 12:00am

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003409,00.html

COMMITTED TO THE CAUSE: Darren Lockyer will put his retirement plans on hold. / The Sunday Mail (Qld)

DARREN Lockyer will put his representative retirement plans on hold to help continue Queensland's domination of State of Origin. In a wide-ranging interview with The Sunday Mail, Lockyer said he would find it difficult to turn his back on a Maroons team plotting its first clean sweep of NSW in 12 years on Wednesday night. Before the series opener, the Queensland captain outlined his blueprint to quit representative football after skippering the Kangaroos at the World Cup in Australia next year.
    But now Lockyer is keen for another crack at the Blues in 2009.
    The champion five-eighth also opened up about his Origin disappointments, saying the Maroons had a score to settle at Suncorp Stadium after NSW's three-year dominance between 2003-05 left Queensland's pride in tatters.

RETIREMENT Lockyer said an 11th campaign with Queensland in 2009 – at age 32 – was now back on his playing agenda.
    "I've enjoyed the journey, it's been great, but I don't know this is the end yet. I still feel like I have a few years to go," said Lockyer, who will play his 27th Origin match on Wednesday night.
    "I remember earlier in the year talking about announcing my retirement from rep footy at the end of next year, but I've got to sit down and think more about that.
    "Originally, I was thinking (retiring after the) World Cup. I thought if I could get there, it would be a nice way to go out.
    "But I just look at the players in this Queensland squad, and I see an opportunity for a really good run of success.
    "I'm feeling good about playing rep footy, the body and mind is feeling pretty good at the moment.
    "I will definitely count myself in for 2008 and for 2009 I will sit down and make a decision.
    The last two years I guess is a bit of payback for what we went through. We have a score to settle "But if I feel I have something to offer Queensland, I will always make myself available. When I don't feel like that, I will walk away."

THE MOTIVATION The Broncos playmaker said he would address the Maroons squad about the possibility they may never again get a shot at an Origin whitewash.
    "It's been 12 years since we did a clean sweep and it might be the only chance I get in my lifetime of playing for Queensland that I achieve it.
    "I don't think I'll get a better chance of a clean sweep. It's important we make the most of it. We'll talk about that in camp this week.
    "The guys from the 1995 series that won 3-0 will always be remembered. Whitewashes are always remembered more than the 2-1 wins.
    "There is a lot of pride within this group and another win will make us a special group. It will take this team to the next level."

THE HORROR YEARS Lockyer was there the night Queensland was humiliated 56-16 by the Blues to lose the 2000 series 3-0. He endured the embarrassment of the 2003-05 period, when NSW won three consecutive campaigns. He will never forget the scars those defeats inflicted.
    "The last two years is a bit of payback for what we went through. We have a score to settle for the previous three years before that," he said.
    "I learnt a lot from those losses. I will never forget the feeling of those years, how hollow it was. To lose three in a row was very un-Queensland like, even some of the performances before that, like 2000, were demoralising. The pleasing thing is we've been able to turn it around. It means a lot to me. I feel we've repaid the Queensland public and the selectors for their faith."

THE FUTURE Lockyer is reticent to mouth the word "dynasty" but he believes Mal Meninga's squad can emulate the feats of Queensland's 1988-89 outfits, which posted consecutive clean sweeps.
    It's why Lockyer hopes Steve Price and Petero Civoniceva choose to extend their Maroons careers, and why he is struggling to walk away.
    "My hero as a kid was Wally Lewis and no one will beat his success rate as captain of Queensland, but I'm living a dream and playing with a team that I feel really strong about," he said.
    "The last few years we've become a strong identity and I hope this team can stay together for a bit longer yet. I'm hoping guys like Petero and Pricey hang around. If we stay together, I really believe success is there if we want it.
    "You look at the golden eras of Queensland league and they had the same team. You could rattle them off: Belcher, Meninga, Miles, Lewis, Langer, all those greats."

THE BLUES Lockyer has been through the depression the Blues are now experiencing. He knows what it's like to be 2-0 down, and the siege mentality it engenders.
    "I've been in NSW's position before a couple of times," said Lockyer, who lost back-to-back games in the 2000 and 2003 series.
    "The feeling burns you. You want to prove people wrong and that's what they'll be out to do."

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt_Beno View Post
    That was Tonie Carroll I believe

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackWillie View Post
    Yes, that's right, but I wouldn't mind him putting his rep-retirement plans on hold. He's one Qld'er you can always count on!

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackWillie View Post
    He was at our school today having a look around. Don't know the reason why he was there for though might be looking at putting his kid through school there. Find out tomorrow.