Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

At work so can’t really say too much about this at the moment, but to say this is another slap in the face for Prince… he would be my second choice any day of the week.

Thurston injures ankle, Cronk called up
    May 8, 2008 - 1:44PM

Australian halfback Johnathan Thurston is in serious doubt for tomorrow night's rugby league Centenary Test against New Zealand after rolling his ankle at training today.

Thurston is undergoing scans on the injury with Melbourne halfback Cooper Cronk called up to join the squad.

Cronk will arrive in Sydney this afternoon and act as cover for Thurston after the North Queensland playmaker went down towards the end of today's final training session.

Cronk is the incumbent Australian halfback after partnering Greg Bird in the halves in the Kangaroos' 58-0 win over New Zealand in Wellington last year.

? 2008 AAP

Bad news for JT but it's a disgrace that Scott didn't get the call up. Has he done something to the selectors?

I saw Scott interviewed last night and when he was questioned on the test team, he said fairly abruptly that he didn't want to talk about it. This is an evern bigger kick in the guts.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Prince must have committed culturally genocide of an asian nation, i know cornk is the incumbent but has he been in avergae form, hasn't really stood out at Melbourne in my view.

I think we will see the character qand strength of prince from this though, i think he will come out and play some of the best footy he has played for the rest of this season, just to show what the selectors have missed.

A lot of the NZ supporters are ecstatic about Cronk's selection.

Enough of this incumbent crap, Prince was marginally better than Thurston let alone Cronk.

Though i do see how since it is short notice, Cronk might get the nod.

As it is Folou, Inglis, and Slater among others are in the team and he has played with Bird before.
    Last edited by Meh; 08-05-08 at 04:23 PM.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    A lot of the NZ supporters are ecstatic about Cronk's selection.

Enough of this incumbent crap, Prince was marginally better than Thurston let alone Cronk.

As it is Folou, Inglis, and Slater among others are in the team and he has played with Bird before.
    I am really surprised that scott hasn't got a call up yet.

I can see wat u mean that cause it's so close to the game u would like someone to click and there is also ryan hoffman in that team and cronk links well with him so i can see where they r coming from
    "Go the Titans"

This is just And let's put bias aside being a Titans Forum.......

Friday night I'm supporting Australia. As an Australian Roos fan I expect to see Australia field the best possible team with all the 'form' players taking the field. Players getting picked on 'incumbency' or because they have the selectors\coaches up their is nothing short of disappointing to say the least.

Picking Thurston over Prince is understandable, because TBH there is not much in it. And I don't have a problem at all with Greg Bird in at 5/8 because he has been playing great and I can see his value playing there against a physical Kiwi side. But now putting Cronk in front of Prince? - Thats just insulting

Not taking anything away from Cronk, Gallen, Hoffman, ect - They are great players and they will get the job done. But it's disappointing as an Australian fan not to see our best players on display.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post

Spot on it seems: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23210,00.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Cronk chosen at half to bond with the Melbourne players...surely the Kiwis know what style of play Stuart is coaching!

Now with two running halves (Cronk and Bird) I'm worried our outside backs wont get a chance to shine all their skills.

Having Kearny as Kiwi coach would have to help in that respect.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

This just proves that Ricky Stuart is one of the BIGGEST F() to ever be involved in RL.

A complete joke and totally unfair on the players and the fans.

Another reason for fringe supporters not to watch the test, not to get involved in supporting players and not to have any faith in a fair and just selection system. Another reason for fringe fans to give up on the game IMO.

The best Aussie coach is helping out NZ, the best Aussie players don't get a jersey or are left on the bench, and the coach is picking his mates from club footy.

TBH, given that this is the Centenary year of RL, I can't help but feel the NRL is doing it's best to alienate fans since the SL wars.

Good on the Kiwis for making a good fight-back. It could have been a total blowout, but they hung on until the last minutes of the match!

Disappointed Mason & Charlie Webb didn't have a blowup sharing a room together!

34000 to the centenary test, and the commentators think that's a good turnout!
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 10-05-08 at 07:03 AM.

Junior Titan

Ity would have been a really tight gam if cameron smith was disallowed the double movement try and if isaac luke broke through slaters tackle and scored the scoreline would be 22-18 so it wasn't as big as it looked
    "Go the Titans"

I reckon they can't pick a form Australian team because they wan't it to be somewhat close.

I was talking to a friend about the game last night, and how while we wanted Australia to win, it wouldn't have been so bad if the kiwis had pulled an upset.

This is what she had to say on the matter, I think it sums it up pretty well.

yeh.. it's like watching your best mate and your dorky fat friend chatting up guys at the pub you always want your best mate to walk away with the win.
    but sometimes it kinda makes you feel good on the inside when your dorky fat friend gets some too.
    I have to admit, I didn't bother watching the game. Partly because my TV packed it in and I haven't gotten around to replacing it. I could have gone out to watch it, but really, it was never going to be a contest. Not worth the effort.
    We need some real competition at the international level.

Overall it was an alright game... Amazing athleticism don't get me wrong... Inglis to Gasnier is probably the try of the century... simply amazing...

I have to say though we played solid football for 20 mins to get that lead, and then just dropped a gear...I don't think the side ever got out of 2nd gear and that is a worry for the Kiwis... as if I was any of the team, I'd be annoyed I didn't finish that off.

In saying that, well done to the Kiwis for keeping it respectable and for never giving up, nice to see Wayne and Steve have got that into them... SBW was awesome and hopefully he can be like that for my boys in the weeks ahead... and Nightingale, Luke, Perrett and Soliola all had very solid games.

I think had the Kiwis had some options out of the halves aka. Roberts and Marshall, we could have had a much tighter result...

Overall, a great tribute to the 100 years of the game, the game wasn't that special but the atmosphere was awesome and C-Whiz... that was a very decent crowd.. considering the SCG only seats 40,000 and that make shift scoreboard took up part of a stand... Sydney fans showed they still do care about Rugby League, which is nice to see....