Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    Dakink.... I've been arguing this point for a week now, you are not going to change the minds of people here... and they are entitled to their view, we will have ours and celebrate City vs Country for what it is, a great game...

Sadly, the tape I recorded the game on broke half way though in the VCR...so I missed the second half.. ..if anyone has it and wants to send it to me, it would be great to watch the second half...

As for the game, it was a great game of football, with a few putting their hand up like Laffranchi to be in the squad...sure the 7 jersey is no less clear and neither is any of the other positions, but at least for us New South Welshman, we know we have at least 34 players who are all capable of doing us proud if called to wear the sky blue jersey...

I would have liked a winner though, I am all for sharing the spoils, but not in a one off game...then again though, I do agree, you can't over exhaust those players who have to play this weekend.
    There is a replay on Austar or Foxtel so you might be able to catch it then.

Cool, thanks for that RLfan... I'll watch it there...

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink View Post
    A great advertisement for the game, a top quality game and a number of fringe players put their cases forward to the NSW selectors.

These fringe players should be and are putting their case forward every week.

Im a City boy from Sydney and this game at one time had merit but I think with the amount of games these guys play today, selectors should be able to figure out who is in form without putting teams at risk of injured stars.

I fail to see how playing the game at WIN Stadium is taking it to country areas. Isn't that where St. George Illawarra play some of their home games. HARDLY TAKING IT TO THE COUNTRY.

I say bring some of the lads out of the bush to play against the Jim Beam Cups best. Let the talent scouts have a look at players who wouldn't usually get looked at much. Take the game to Parkes, Coffs Harbour, Albury, Goulburn or Lismore and televise it. THATS A CITY V COUNTRY GAME.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

I fail to see how playing the game at WIN Stadium is taking it to country areas. Isn't that where St. George Illawarra play some of their home games. HARDLY TAKING IT TO THE COUNTRY
    Still a rual location that has only seen two home games so far this year, it is a joint home stadium, so not that many games, i think the idea for being at wollongong, was last couple years has been up north in dubbo, coffs harbour etc, and this time was a little southern and is a central train location so people from all southern parts of nsw could attend the game.