Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Yes i'm a little dissapointed in it not being played in the county, but last year it was at dubbo and attracted a huge crowd.
    And i hope the remember this and spread it around the country venues for the next few years.

Junior Titan

Being originally from Sydney and following footy for 30 years i always have watched city v country.But the way the game is played today i dont think it is really needed in the game,NSW should be able to pick an origin team without this match as being a selection possibility match.
    I realise to a player its still a rep jersey but at the end of the day,takes away from there team responsibilities.
    All said and done im happy for the 3 titans who have been given the nod and they deserve there shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Titans View Post
    Anyone know if the Titans players in the team will be able to play on the saturday night for us?
    they surely will be, as long as everything goes well.......

In what shapes as a nightmare scenario Laffranchi, along with clubmates Mark Minichiello and Brett Delaney, is set to drive a hire car on a "Midnight Express" run to Newcastle immediately after the traditional NSW Origin selection trial.
    They will arrive in the Hunter in the wee hours of Saturday morning, and then face a rushed rehab and minimal rest before battling the Knights.
    [SOURCE]

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

This game is the biggest joke in our comp.

Country vs City? BS

This is a joke of a game, pathetic , not worthy of even watching.

PiZZ it off to the local garbage that it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    mate its not like the olden days when a team of wannabes could entertain the likes of pros ....these days pros are like athletes....highly tuned athletes that cannot be compared to the average country bloke who has a good run at it...............
    how do you know? they dont even get a go.

There is a lot of highly fit country players, that play though injuries unlike current superstars.

Give them a shot at it, or get rid of it.

Players complain about the season being to long, and we have this garbage in our calender.

pfft
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post

Country vs City? BS

HAPPY 2000TH POST!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    HAPPY 2000TH POST!

LOL i didnt even know, wow that was a long time coming

Country vs City? BS

Spoken like a true Queenslander there..

I reckon if you had a game where Queensland country vs Queensland City, you'd all be interested and say it's history and heritage...

To understand City vs Country,you have to be from NSW, and these days, attended a game... only then can you understand why this game is important in the scheme of Rugby League... and besides, it's a genuine NSW selection trial this year.. so it's not a joke...

I'll be cheering for City. I'm born and bred Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    Spoken like a true Queenslander there..

I reckon if you had a game where Queensland country vs Queensland City, you'd all be interested and say it's history and heritage...

To understand City vs Country,you have to be from NSW, and these days, attended a game... only then can you understand why this game is important in the scheme of Rugby League... and besides, it's a genuine NSW selection trial this year.. so it's not a joke...
    No the difference is, that if this game was Qld Country we would pick guys from the country, not all NRL players.

only then can you understand why this game is important in the scheme of Rugby League
    No , not rugby league, it is important to NSW, NSW is not rugby league, LOL spoken like a true ****roach, and to say this is a selection trial is as big of a joke as this game.

Country vs City? BS

I just check the GFL Site & you can switch channels on Friday night & watch West Coast v Carlton
    #itaintweaktospeak

Sorry, I wouldnt even know who was playing, ill go out and enjoy myself instead.

You say its a selection trial, do you really believe that? or are you brainwashed with sydney centric media??

This game is nothing more then a lick on the nswrl back, and hopefully the NRL only use this game to see that there is only room in NSW for 2 good teams, and should cull the rest.

Actually that is a good idea.

Gold Coast Titans
    Brisbane Broncos
    North Queensland Cowboys
    New Zealand Warriors
    Canberra Raiders
    Melbourne Storm
    Sydney City
    Sydney Country

Newcastle Knights
    Adelaide Rams
    Perth Reds
    Gosford Rabbits

I like it.

Sorry, I wouldnt even know who was playing, ill go out and enjoy myself instead.

You say its a selection trial, do you really believe that? or are you brainwashed with sydney centric media??

This game is nothing more then a lick on the nswrl back, and hopefully the NRL only use this game to see that there is only room in NSW for 2 good teams, and should cull the rest.

Gold Coast Titans
    Brisbane Broncos
    North Queensland Cowboys
    New Zealand Warriors
    Canberra Raiders
    Melbourne Storm
    Sydney City
    Sydney Country

Newcastle Knights
    Adelaide Rams
    Perth Reds
    Gosford Rabbits

I like it.
    So do I.............
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Gold Coast Titans
    Brisbane Broncos
    North Queensland Cowboys
    New Zealand Warriors
    Canberra Raiders
    Melbourne Storm
    Sydney City
    Sydney Country

Newcastle Knights
    Adelaide Rams
    Perth Reds
    Gosford Rabbits

I like it.
    LMAO... your justification gets funnier and funnier with every post..

Ok, if you do not believe this is a genuine selection trial fine, but then do me a favour... please name me a NSW side 1-17, of certainities to get spots... if you can do that, then you might have something.

I can assure you though, no matter who you name, only 4-5 will be certainties.. the rest of the Blues squad at present is a lottery, even Bellamy has said so... which is why this game is important to our selection process.

Yes I truly believe that the NSW team could have anyone in it...look at my post on page 2 which shows a side with only 4 players in it... I reckon this year it's anyones guess who will play in the sky blue.

It's easy ATM being a Queenslander, your side picks itself pretty much, but here in NSW, our whole side is a lottery, all I know is, they will do our state proud... and I look forward to the challenge of seeing who makes the grade.

No the difference is, that if this game was Qld Country we would pick guys from the country, not all NRL players.
    There's no choice there though.
    Even Brisbane is just a large country town.