Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Virus

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

Wow! I must admit though, I NEVER answer my mobile if I don't know the caller.

Thanks for the Info In-Cyde#1!

Thanks for the info!

Thanks In-Cyde#1.. it has never happened so far.. and I wouldn't agree to do it unless they could prove to me they were the phone company, but still it is high chance it may occur.. so it is good to know.. that way my family and I are safe..

Default Latest Viruses

LATEST VIRUSES

W32.Secefa.A
    Formal Name: W32.Secefa.A
    Discovered on: November 23, 2005
    Description: W32.Secefa.A is a worm with back door capabilities that drops another threat onto the compromised computer.
    Also Known As: W32.Secefa.A
    Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
    Trojan.Loader.DFormal Name: Trojan.Loader.D
    Discovered on: November 23, 2005
    Description: Lodear.D is a Trojan horse that attempts to download remote files.
    Also Known As: Win32.Glieder.{CF, CG, CH, CI, CJ} [Computer Associates], Bagle.{EO, EP, ES} [F-Secure], W32/Bagle.gen!7B14EBCA [McAfee], Mitglieder.GB [Panda], Troj/BagleDl-{AF, AH, AK} [Sophos], TROJ_BAGLE.AH [Trend Micro]
    Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003
    W32.Sober.X@mm
    Formal Name: W32.Sober.X@mm
    Discovered on: November 19, 2005
    Description: W32.Sober.X@mm is a mass-mailing worm that uses its own SMTP engine to spread and lowers security settings. It sends itself as an email attachment to addresses gathered from the compromised computer. The email may be in either English or German.
    Also Known As: CME-681, WORM_SOBER.AG [Trend Micro], W32/Sober-{X, Z} [Sophos], Win32.Sober.W [Computer Associates], Sober.Y [F-Secure], W32/Sober@MM!M681 [McAfee], W32/Sober.AA@mm [Norman]
    Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
    " Bourbon is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy ".

I have W32 viruses.. darn computer now has to get rid of them.. lucky for the virus scanner..hope it does the job...

Thanks for that In-cyde#1 I at least know what they are doing and now I know how to stop them too... good work..

A quick plug for my internet provider - TPG.

I received this today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear TPG Customer,

Within the last two weeks, TPG's virus protection software has prevented 6 viruses from being delivered to your mailbox.

We are pleased to offer this free service to all of our customers as part of a continued effort to provide you with a secure, productive and virus free Internet environment.

Top viruses prevented for you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email-Worm.Win32.Sober.y 6

This filtering comes under TPG's Terms and Conditions.

Kind Regards,

TPG Internet
    Ph: 1300 360 855
    www.tpg.com.au

Titan CEO

This isnt a virus but it is a scam.

If you recieve an email from:

service@email.paypal.com
    Asking you to confirm or update your paypal details. DONT USE IT. It sends you to a fake site, where if you enter your paypal details they will then be stolen.

WORST VIRUS EVER ---CNN ANNOUNCED.

A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee and no vaccine has yet been developed. This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored.

This virus acts in the following manner:

It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title:

"A Card for You".

As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened the computer freezes so that
    the user has to reboot . When the ctrl+alt+delkeys or the reset button are
    pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently destroying the
    hard disk. In just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York, according to news broadcast by CNN.

This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself.

So don't open any mails with subject: "A Virtual Card for You." As soon as
    you get the mail, delete it!!

Even if you know the sender !!!

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

COMPUTER users were being urged to kill a malicious "old school" software worm poised to destroy their files.

Referred to by a host of names including "Kama Sutra", "Grew", and "Blackworm", the malware virus has bored into countless computers worldwide and is reportedly programmed to come to life after the clocks signal the start of Friday.
    "Make sure you scan today, don't wait to find out if you've been infected," warned computer virus expert David Perry of Tokyo-based Internet security firm Trend Micro.

"This is flat-out malicious, destroying files."

The company was providing free real-time virus scans called "Housecall at its website, trendmicro.com.

The worm traveled the Internet in emails and got into computers when recipients clicked on unsolicited messages bearing sender names such as crazygirl, badboy, wizzard, and sometimes promising sexy content.

The worm was given a trigger date of today to allow time for it to spread undetected, Perry said.
    "Once it starts destroying files, people will hunt it down and kill it," Perry said.

"I don't expect we will hear of mass destruction for this, because we got notice early in the game."

News of a new virus threat often correlates with a spike in infections, evidently because people check their computers and click on the item to see what it will do, according to experts.

"Most of what people know about viruses doesn't come from science, but from movies or fiction," Perry said.

"People seem to think there will be an animated cookie monster."

"In reality, what it will do is wipe out files. Worse, it overwrites them and that will corrupt the back-up system as well."

People can open any document file to check whether their computer was attacked by the worm, according to experts. If the worm came to life in their system, they will find gibberish in what were formerly text files, Perry said.

We will see Friday how many people report it," Perry said.

"People rarely report in when they miss the boat and get infected."

An atlas of infections reported by visitors to Micro Trend's website showed more viruses uncovered in India than in the United States.

There is a whole virus underground out there," Perry said. "They critique each others' work."

Internet security experts advised computer users to keep updated anti-virus software running on their systems.

The Kama Sutra worm was a "feature-rich virus" that also spread by floppy disks or network sharing, and which was designed to sabotage anti-virus software on computers, Perry said.

"This virus contains stealth technology to knock out your anti-virus software," Perry said. "It goes out and defeats them."

That was why Micro Trend provided live online scans for the worm, according to Perry.

Virus fighters at the company reportedly sort through an average of 1300 new forms of malware monthly.
    scan today people!!!

Just buy a MAC........ problem solved
    From the moment of conception going to follow the norm,
    Going to be like everybody else on the day that i was born,
    Going to live my life by the calander on the fridge,
    Going to die on the day that i pay off my morgage!
    TISM

Titan CEO

A mate of mine was on msn and he had a message appear that says: **I HAVE ADDED STARS TO THE URL, SO DONT GO TO IT!!!!**

"Hey you can see who's blocking you on MSN! Download it now http:**//www.block-checker.com"

He said he downloaded the block checker from that site, then i searched google and found out its actually a virus. Im not sure what it does...but it isnt a very nice one sposedly, as the anti virus programs dont pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos
    Just buy a MAC........ problem solved

No thanks ;-)

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....