Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Game:Socom 2 US Navy Seals a team based shooter with a variety of teamwork missions and covert style action.

Graphics: 8/10 Graphics are quite good.

Gameplay: 9/10 Gameplay is good, missions pose quite a challenge.

Longevity: 9/10

Difficulty: 8/10 Missions do start as quite a challege if played for the first time.

Overall: 9/10

Rent or buy?:Buy

Played the game on my:Playstation 2

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

Talking

A mad game at the moment is Sims 2 Pets! I played it at my friends place and i loved it!!!

Game:Sly 3 Honour Among Thieves

Summary:A cartoon game involving a racoon, hippo and turtle doing various missions in different environments.

Graphics: 9/10 Nice animated cartoon graphics.

Gameplay: 9.5/10 Gameplay is good.Tasks and missions keep you occupied for hours.

Longevity: 8/10 Very big worlds with a few complicated tasks.

Difficulty: 9/10 A lot of very frustrating missions.

Overall: 9.75/10 Very good, playable cartoon game.

Has anyone played 'Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater'? - PS2
    Is it as good as #1 & #2?
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Has anyone played 'Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater'? - PS2
    Is it as good as #1 & #2?
    yea I've played it at a mates house, it is a pretty damn good game for PS2, not quite sure what 1 and 2 were like, but i think he said it was a much better game than the previous oness

GO THE MAROONS!

Dead rising

Xbox 360

Ok im totally addicted to this game, if you play it on a system similar to mine, you will understand why. (50inch plus plasma with surround ect)

Killing zombies may not seem like fun, but i got right into this game, for starters, you only have to survive the 72 Game hours, so you can do whatever you want in that time as long as you survive.

But that might seem easy, but there are other survivers, and lets face it, you just cant let a 16 yrd girl be eaten by zombies now can you?

Cars, Guns, Knives, Sex, Zombies and blood what more could a boy ask for?

Totally creepy, very cool, and very addictive.

I would say buy this game, becuase its got no limitations on what you could do.

PS Turns the lights out
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee
    yea I've played it at a mates house, it is a pretty damn good game for PS2, not quite sure what 1 and 2 were like, but i think he said it was a much better game than the previous oness
    Cool, thanx I might go get it then!
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Cool, thanx I might go get it then!
    hey how much are ps2 games now??? they used to be $90 for a decent game, hav't been to a shop in ages, and i just download pc games.

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee
    hey how much are ps2 games now??? they used to be $90 for a decent game, hav't been to a shop in ages, and i just download pc games.
    Dunno, havn't bought one for awhile, havn't even played my PS2 for awhile. I've been buying PC games. I've been kinda holding off for PS3.

GAME: WII SPORTS

Gameplay: 9/10
    The gameplay is simple, great, and pure fun! 90% of the controls are made by the Wii Remote, and this what would be a boring game into a game that could last hours on end. It is especially fun when you have two or more people playing, and the more the better. It is a great party game!

Graphics: 7/10
    Not exactly the strong point of the game, but there are some pretty textures here and there. In one of the golf training sessions, the water looks absolutely amazing! (the one with the two islands that look like a dart board for people who are familiar with the game). Some textures look a little corny though, and other things just don't look right, e.g, in boxing where the gloves just rocket away from your body because the Mii's don't have arms, just hands.

Sound: 8/10
    Most of the sound is good and appropriate. A lot of sounds come out through the nice little speaker on the Wii remote, which is cool. However, just like the graphics, some things just don't seem right, e.g, the main menu music sounds like music from an alien invasion game, and in boxing the dodging sounds that come out of the Wii Remote sounds like waves at the beach.

Controls: 9/10
    I think all Wii games should get a rating for controls. The controls are great! This game would be fairly boring on the GameCube, but Wii the controls bring it to life! There is one small flaw in the putting in golf though, it just doesn't seem as responsive, especially when you're close to the hole and you just want to tap it in, the control doesn't pick up the small movements, and you need a little more force to get the stick to move enough to hit the ball. Sometimes when you apply that force (and only sometimes, you end up sending the ball jumping over the hole and it gets kind of frustrating when you do it.

Longetivity: 7/10
    I'm pretty sure that this game was intended as a demonstration of the abilities of the Wii Remote, so I would have given it a 9 or 10 if I would have taken this into account. However, I have to be fair on other games. Wii Sports is fun for the first week or two, but after than, you'll probably spend no more then half an hour on it per day, unless you have friends over and you're having a competition!

Difficulty
    I can't really give this a rating out of 10, because each sport varies in difficulty. You basically pick up the game and after about playing each sport a few times, you should have mastered the basics. To get really good, there is 15 different training sessions you can do, 3 for each sport.

OVERALL: 8/10
    Wii Sports is a great game, very playable and intuitive, and is great fun for when you have some friends over!

Titans First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by MonaroMan

There is one small flaw in the putting in golf though, it just doesn't seem as responsive, especially when you're close to the hole and you just want to tap it in, the control doesn't pick up the small movements, and you need a little more force to get the stick to move enough to hit the ball. Sometimes when you apply that force (and only sometimes, you end up sending the ball jumping over the hole and it gets kind of frustrating when you do it.

Im glad you mentioned that because that is the only thing that lets golf down, you can do awesome shots to make it 0.5 from the hole and then drop a shot because you cant just tap it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Game:Sly 3 Honour Among Thieves

Summary:A cartoon game involving a racoon, hippo and turtle doing various missions in different environments.

Graphics: 9/10 Nice animated cartoon graphics.

Gameplay: 9.5/10 Gameplay is good.Tasks and missions keep you occupied for hours.

Longevity: 8/10 Very big worlds with a few complicated tasks.

Difficulty: 9/10 A lot of very frustrating missions.

Overall: 9.75/10 Very good, playable cartoon game.

Just a heads up to anyone wanting to purchase this game, Harvey Norman have it for $15. I picked up a copy myself. Sly games are immensely enjoyable.

Game: Rugby League 2

Graphics: 7/10 Not the best graphics going around but pretty good.

Gameplay: 6/10 Gameplay can get frustrating when wingers always stand in touch.

Longevity: 8/10 Franchise mode will keep entertained for days.

Difficulty: 9/10 League god and Legend pose a real challenge.

Overall: 7/10 Overall a good game to play with a few minor flaws.

Rent or buy?:Rent at first to see what it's like.

Game: Burnout Dominator

Graphics: 7/10. It's standard for a racing game. Sometimes the graphics, particularly the lens flare, impede the race because it makes it hard to see traffic, but it looks good for a PS2 game.

Game play: 9/10. Burnout IS game play. It's one of the better racing franchises around. This version is more of a mash of previous versions in an attempt to tide fans over until Burnout 5. Gone is Crash Mode and online Multiplayer, but Burnouts are back! You can even string multiple burnouts together for rush of speed. The game's sense of speed is quite well done.

(Note: Burnouts is basically a boost. There's a boost bar at the bottom of the screen which slowly builds when you: drive towards on-coming traffic, hit opponents/cause them to crash [called a takedown in the game], drifting etc. Once the bar is full, it goes from orange to blue. When it's blue and you're boosting, you can fill up the bar again for another burnout. String them together for more points and a greater lead)

There's 88 challenges all up. Racing, drifting, boosting challenges are included. You complete these to unlock new cars, new classes, earn achievements.

There's also another mode which allows you to complete achievements with time trial, racing etc.

Longevity: 6/10. I read somewhere that some guy completed it in 20 hours so it's not that long, but it's a racer so the longevity is popping the disc in on a rainy day and giving it a whirl.

Difficulty: 5/10. It's quite easy but there's some challenging sections.

Overall: 27/40. Above average.

Played on: PS2.

Note: The price of this game is as low as $39 (RRP $50) so it's well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by aspher View Post
    Game: Burnout Dominator

Graphics: 7/10. It's standard for a racing game. Sometimes the graphics, particularly the lens flare, impede the race because it makes it hard to see traffic, but it looks good for a PS2 game.

Game play: 9/10. Burnout IS game play. It's one of the better racing franchises around. This version is more of a mash of previous versions in an attempt to tide fans over until Burnout 5. Gone is Crash Mode and online Multiplayer, but Burnouts are back! You can even string multiple burnouts together for rush of speed. The game's sense of speed is quite well done.

(Note: Burnouts is basically a boost. There's a boost bar at the bottom of the screen which slowly builds when you: drive towards on-coming traffic, hit opponents/cause them to crash [called a takedown in the game], drifting etc. Once the bar is full, it goes from orange to blue. When it's blue and you're boosting, you can fill up the bar again for another burnout. String them together for more points and a greater lead)

There's 88 challenges all up. Racing, drifting, boosting challenges are included. You complete these to unlock new cars, new classes, earn achievements.

There's also another mode which allows you to complete achievements with time trial, racing etc.

Longevity: 6/10. I read somewhere that some guy completed it in 20 hours so it's not that long, but it's a racer so the longevity is popping the disc in on a rainy day and giving it a whirl.

Difficulty: 5/10. It's quite easy but there's some challenging sections.

Overall: 27/40. Above average.

Played on: PS2.

Note: The price of this game is as low as $39 (RRP $50) so it's well worth it.
    Whats that game like?
    I have Burnout 3 but never played that or Revenge?