Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zacaroo
    Medal Of Honour:European Assault

This was the most recently purchased game by me for my, Nintendo Gamecube. I brought it a few months ago and played it non-stop for the first week but have not really touched it since. I think that is due to the fact it is only really made as a one player game. I'll get straight into it. You have 4 differents area with anywhere from 3-4 differents little battles of WWII to fight. You start in Europe and go to Africa to fight in Egypt and such. The game is very challenging in some spots and others are fairly easy. The game has good graphics and the best MOH game I have played to date. I would only recommend hiring it as the mulitplayer battles aren't top notch. But it is still a fairly entertaining game to play.

Graphics: 9/10

Gameplay: 8/10

Longevity: 6/10

Difficulty: 7/10

Overall: 7.5/10

Rent or buy?: Rent

Played the game on my: Nintendo Gamecube
    yeh that game i got on ps2 but its good nevertheless

Here is a very brief review of World of Warcraft:

Graphics: 7/10 - Kind of chunky graphics, but fairly good for its time (2004) and fairly good considering how many textures and stuff is required to make the whole World.

Gameplay: 9/10 - It's great! The only downside is that the fighting is a little "lame"

Longevity: 10/10 - This is the most addictive game ever. Once you play the game a few times, you won't be able to stop until you reach level 60 and have the full tier 3 armour from Naxxramas. I'm level 40 at the moment, and it's taken me more than two months. Apparently the time it takes to get to level 60 from level 40 is longer than it takes to get from level 1 to level 40...

Difficulty: 8/10 - It's a little hard to understand what all the buttons on the screen are for, and how to place your moves, etc into the action bars, but once you do you've pretty much got the controls mastered. Then you have got to understand the quests, the starting quests are made pretty easy for new players, but even though they are made easy, sometimes you get stuck and you have to ask other players for help.

Also, difficulty is determined by what class you are. For example, a warrior or a paladin would find soloing quests easy, because they have heavy armour and absorb more damage. If you're a mage, priest or warlock, I think it might be a little hard to solo them because they wear the weakest armour in the game, but their moves are very good.

Overall: 8.5/10

Rent or buy?: Buy for sure.

Played the game on my: PC
    Last edited by MonaroMan; 18-10-06 at 03:58 PM.

Another brief review, this time of RL2

Graphics: 7/10 - Alright graphics, but nothing compared to other sports games like Madden and FIFA, however, they are a massive improvement over the RL1.

Gameplay: 6/10 - It can be fun, but the gameplay is VERY unrealistic. The forwards do jack all, fullbacks never score, etc. The list of unrealistic things could go on for ages. Good to see a Franchise mode in the game though.

Longevity: 4/10 - There was just something about this game that made me not playing it. Rugby League 1 was just as bad, if not worse than Rugby League 2, but I played it for AGES. I loved it, just because it was Rugby League. I thought I would feel the same way about Rugby League 2, but it just got so boring.

Difficulty: 6/10 - You get the hang of the game im fifteen minutes, then after fifty games or so, you're playing on the hardest difficulty in the game (league god) and winning by 13+ points.

Overall: 6/10

Rent or buy?: Rent

FIFA 07:

Graphics: 9/10 - Great graphics. Great attention to detail.

Gameplay: 8/10 - Not as realistic as Pro Evolution Soccer 5, but a MASSIVE improvement over the "arcadish" style of FIFA 06.

Longevity: 8/10 - Manager mode will keep you occupied for ages, and then you have hundreds of challenges to finish which will allow you to unlock cool new things.

Difficulty: 7/10 - The default difficulty (Semi Pro) is too easy, but maybe that's because I have played the FIFA games so much. And anyway, Semi Pro will get too easy after 50 or so games, so you move up to professional, which isn't much of a step up, but lasts for another 20 games or so. I find World Class perfect for me

Overall: 8/10

Rent or buy?: Buy

Played the game on my: Xbox

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Graphics: 9/10 Fairly Decent graphics, pretty good attention to detain for the cars and the road surface.

Gameplay:8/10 Probably not as good as it could be, but thats what ya get with street racing games.

Longevity: 8/10 It's fairly addicting, although it gets a bit repetative by they end.

Difficulty:6/10 The difficulty isnt even challenging. It's so easy to win the races.

Overall: 8.5/10 Pretty good overall game if you're into street racing type games.

GO THE MAROONS!

Counter Strike 1.6

Graphics: 6/10. The graphics arent exactly the strong point to the game. They are nothing to judge the game by though. It's a really old game and is a classic.

Gameplay:9.5/10. The gameplay is definately its strong point. Great online game.

Longevity: 9.5/10. If you dont like getting addicted to games, dont play 1.6. lol. It's really addictive and is playable for ages.

Difficulty:10/10. Depending on your individual skill levels, it varies. because its an online game, the skill level is very difficult. The longer you play, the easier/more fun it gets.

Overall: 9/10. I didnt give it 10 because of its graphics. apart from that its an awesome game.

note well: It may not seem that great the first time you play it because of its graphics, but give it some time and it becomes great

GO THE MAROONS!

PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6

Gameplay: 9/10
    Again the gameplay has been improved over PES5. The game is now more forgiving. It is possible to make a good tackle without being pulled up, which was really annoying in previous versions. It is obviously super realistic, you can expect that in ANY Pro Evolution game, but Konami have improved the realism factor so there is more fluid attacking soccer, something which previous versions lacked. There are not many things wrong with the gameplay, I can only name one off the top of my head, and that is the limitations of the tricks and moves you can pull off, so far I have only accomplished the scissors and a 360

Graphics: 7/10
    The graphics are fairly good. There is not much of an improvement between the previous version. It's good to see that they have put blurred pictures of crowds in during gameplay instead of just blank stadiums, and in the cutscenes there is more detail to the crowd. The players faces are fairly detailed, especially popular players, but some of the less-popular players don't really look like the real life counterparts. In saying this, I begin to wonder why Tim Cahill barely looks anything like he does in real life, maybe it's a player licensing thing.

Sound: 7/10
    This isn't a very broad area in video games, but there are a few things I can comment on. The sound effects are great, like when you kick a ball. It sounds just as you would expect it to in real life. The commentary is really boring. A lot of boring comments are made by them, and they rarely have anything negative to say unlike in the FIFA series. The menu music is fairly boring as well.

Longevity: 8/10
    I can't really comment on this area, because I have only had the game for two days, but just like the previous versions, I'd imagine that the editing options would keep you occupied with the game for months, and with new option files being released regularly, you can play with updated squads and kits which prevent the game from getting "old".

Difficulty: 9/10
    This is a challenging game, especially if you are new to the Pro Evolution Soccer series, I'm not, but the game is still fairly hard on "regular" difficulty (which has replaced a "3 star" difficulty from previous versions). It is difficult to have a scoreline with any more than 5 goals total, providing that the difficulty you're playing on is right for you.

Authenticity: 5/10
    Just like every game in the Pro Evolution Soccer series, this is what lets the game down. There is poor licensing in the game, and I believe that is because of EA making agreements with the Premier League not to allow developers use any more than two Premier League teams in their game. I'm not sure if this is true, but I read it on PESfan forums, so I presume this is the case. Anyway, the two licensed teams from the Premier League are Manchester United (yay) and nal. I didn't really take any notice of other leagues, because after I had played a few games with Manchester United, I went and downloaded an option file which updated them. Thanks to the editing options in the game, it is possible to get the leagues with 100% correct team and player names, as well as correct kits and badges.

Overall: 8.5/10 (I didn't average the scores from the sections, this is what I would give the game overall).

Rent or buy?:
    If you are new to the Pro Evolution Soccer series, then rent it first, if not, then buy it for sure.

Played the game on my PC.
    Last edited by MonaroMan; 01-11-06 at 07:42 PM.

FEAR - First Encounter Assault Recon

Graphics: 9.5/10. Graphics are awesome, special effects are totally out of this world! lol, It has slow motion where you can like see each individual bullet go into the enemies with blood spirting out! its quality!

Gameplay:10/10. Gameplay's awesome! Bit scary though! lol

Difficulty:9.5/10. Pretty damn hard on a high level!

Overall: 9.5/10. Its such a good game! I recommend it for anyone thats into good fps games!

Rent or buy?: Buy for sure!

Played the game on my: Computer (will only play on high quality computers, its pretty intense!)

GO THE MAROONS!

Titan First Grade Squad BrisbaneBroncosRule's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonaroMan
    PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6

Gameplay: 9/10
    Again the gameplay has been improved over PES5. The game is now more forgiving. It is possible to make a good tackle without being pulled up, which was really annoying in previous versions. It is obviously super realistic, you can expect that in ANY Pro Evolution game, but Konami have improved the realism factor so there is more fluid attacking soccer, something which previous versions lacked. There are not many things wrong with the gameplay, I can only name one off the top of my head, and that is the limitations of the tricks and moves you can pull off, so far I have only accomplished the scissors and a 360

Graphics: 7/10
    The graphics are fairly good. There is not much of an improvement between the previous version. It's good to see that they have put blurred pictures of crowds in during gameplay instead of just blank stadiums, and in the cutscenes there is more detail to the crowd. The players faces are fairly detailed, especially popular players, but some of the less-popular players don't really look like the real life counterparts. In saying this, I begin to wonder why Tim Cahill barely looks anything like he does in real life, maybe it's a player licensing thing.

Sound: 7/10
    This isn't a very broad area in video games, but there are a few things I can comment on. The sound effects are great, like when you kick a ball. It sounds just as you would expect it to in real life. The commentary is really boring. A lot of boring comments are made by them, and they rarely have anything negative to say unlike in the FIFA series. The menu music is fairly boring as well.

Longevity: 8/10
    I can't really comment on this area, because I have only had the game for two days, but just like the previous versions, I'd imagine that the editing options would keep you occupied with the game for months, and with new option files being released regularly, you can play with updated squads and kits which prevent the game from getting "old".

Difficulty: 9/10
    This is a challenging game, especially if you are new to the Pro Evolution Soccer series, I'm not, but the game is still fairly hard on "regular" difficulty (which has replaced a "3 star" difficulty from previous versions). It is difficult to have a scoreline with any more than 5 goals total, providing that the difficulty you're playing on is right for you.

Authenticity: 5/10
    Just like every game in the Pro Evolution Soccer series, this is what lets the game down. There is poor licensing in the game, and I believe that is because of EA making agreements with the Premier League not to allow developers use any more than two Premier League teams in their game. I'm not sure if this is true, but I read it on PESfan forums, so I presume this is the case. Anyway, the two licensed teams from the Premier League are Manchester United (yay) and nal. I didn't really take any notice of other leagues, because after I had played a few games with Manchester United, I went and downloaded an option file which updated them. Thanks to the editing options in the game, it is possible to get the leagues with 100% correct team and player names, as well as correct kits and badges.

Overall: 8.5/10 (I didn't average the scores from the sections, this is what I would give the game overall).

Rent or buy?:
    If you are new to the Pro Evolution Soccer series, then rent it first, if not, then buy it for sure.

Played the game on my PC.
    Are you playing it at the moment still? or didyou get sick of it? I am going to buy this real soon.

I LOVE MICHEL

Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneBroncosRule
    Are you playing it at the moment still? or didyou get sick of it? I am going to buy this real soon.
    Yep. It's the only game I play now. There has been a lot of patches released for it, when you get it, I'll link you to the best ones if you want (providing you get it on PC).

Titans First Grader

Monaro Man - is Pro Evo 6 the better choice over Fifa 07?

The last Fifa i had was 05' on xbox and it was the best football game ive played by far, the speed of it was really good.

If your the sort of person who likes strategy games I'd highly recommend Civilisation IV. It's a very highly in depth game that takes months before you can say you've figured it out. There are so many different ways\strategies you can use to win the game. Plus the writers of the game haved layed it out so you can modify the game to your liking. There is massive support for the game online with dedicated forums and sites.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    - Many different tactics you have to master
    Graphics: 8/10
    - Good animations that can be easily modified by user.
    Sound: 6/10
    - I only listen to the SFX - don't bother about the supllied music!
    Longevity: 10/10
    - Unlimited, so many modifications you can make to the game to make it reappealing to play.
    Difficulty: 10/10
    - Heaps of difficulty levels that range from piss easy to almost impossible
    Originality: 10/10
    - You won't find another game like this

This game is only availabe on DVD for PC's. It is a very demanding game on the performance of your computer, takes a large CPU, lots of memory and HHD space and a decent video card to get the most out of this game. It took me a year before I learnt all the finer details of the game!
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by ~lee~
    Monaro Man - is Pro Evo 6 the better choice over Fifa 07?

The last Fifa i had was 05' on xbox and it was the best football game ive played by far, the speed of it was really good.
    If you prefer to play soccer games on consoles, then FIFA would be a better choice, because you don't need to apply mods to make it authentic.

With PES6 you have to apply about 500mb of mods and patches made by users of various forums to make it better than FIFA.

Default The Sopranos: Road to Respect

Started playing The Sopranos: Road to Respect this arvo at about 3. I just finished the game about 30mins ago (8:50ish). I'm extremely disappointed to say the least. I'm not a good gamer, hopeless infact. Not sure if I've ever actually finished a game without a guide book and a page full of cheats. This thing I picked up and thought it was one of those games that slowly get into it, so the first part is like a tutorial so you work up to harder stuff. The hard stuff was coming to terms that your favourite TV show of all time just got slaughtered by a piss weak video game.

Gameplay = Crap
    Graphics = Dog ugly
    Sound = Surprisingly good considering they had the original actors do voices.
    Longevity = I get stumped on Tetris and this thing only took 5hrs to complete FFS!
    Difficulty = See above.
    Originality = Mobster show turned vid game. Been a bit of a trend lately with Scarface and Godfather, one of which I will be trading this game in for tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titans First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by MonaroMan
    If you prefer to play soccer games on consoles, then FIFA would be a better choice, because you don't need to apply mods to make it authentic.

With PES6 you have to apply about 500mb of mods and patches made by users of various forums to make it better than FIFA.

My brother and I decided to get PES6 on xbox 360 because our last few footy games had been the Fifa Series. On first impressions it is a very challenging game and 'regular' level will suit anyone who's played footy games before, anythign below this and you can run away with a 5-0 goal win in a 5 min game. My biggest victory is 1-0 on 'regular' level but they have been enough to gain me promotion and win a cup. I am currently playing as Chelsea or 'London FC' as they are affectionally name.

The biggest let down is the lack of the edit fuctions. Team names and transfers cannot be done on the 360 you can only edit the players.

It also appears to have a lack of 'skill', with the Fifa series you could beat a man with the right thumb stick but i am having huge problems getting by a defender, the only way i have been able to is by sprinting as fast as i can and even with that they still get you the majority of the time.

The last thing im not liking with it is the lack of 'make player off the ball run into space', at times i am attacking and there is a huge gap to the other teams defence but my winger with just stand there and there appears to be no button to send him into the space. I am aware of the through ball but anyone who plays it will know what i mean, he has to run into space so you can put him a through ball. He currently seems more interested in chatting up the ballboys on the sidelines.

Overall its a decent game and will eat away hours of your time.