Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thumbs up Reviews: Post your gaming reviews in here!

Reviews: Post your gaming reviews in here!

Purchased a new game that is the best game you have every played?

Have you brought a game with the highest of expectations only to be disappointed after an hours gaming?

Post your reviews in this thread.

Give us a summary of the game and then copy the following template and add to your post:

Graphics: /10

Gameplay: /10

Longevity: /10

Difficulty: /10

Overall: /10

Rent or buy?:

Played the game on my:

Look forward to reading the RL2 reviews from our members!

Cheers

DeeGan
    Last edited by DeeGan; 22-11-05 at 12:24 PM.

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

Is anyone going to post a review on RL2 in here? I'd be interested to see the scores.

Titan CEO

Graphics: 9/10- they are great

Gameplay: 7/10- still a few things that suck. ie: ball going to ground, and defence is on goal line is impossible.

Longevity: 8/10- franchise will you keep you busy

Difficulty: 4/10-ive only played on the lower difficulties..so dont know what its like on higher

Overall: 8/10

Rent or buy?: buy

Played the game on my: PC

King Kong on the PS2

I didnt buy this game, just hired it luckily, it closely resembles the movie i guess as i have seen every cut seen from the trailers in the game.

It is a first person shooter, and although the graphics are cool, i have to tell you that the movement in the game is way to shakey, and after playing it for about 4 hours, i felt as sick in the stomach as i have ever felt.

This game should have a warning, the movement might be ok on a little screen, but on a big screen, i felt physicly ill.

My wife asked me what was wrong, as i had never felt this before, in any game, but i can assure you it was this game, as i tried it again the next day.

Graphics:9 /10

Gameplay: 0/10 just for the movement issues

Longevity: 2/10

Difficulty: 2/10

Overall: 2/10

Rent or buy?: Rent

Played the game on my: PS2

Sims 2 on XBOX

My daughter just loves this game and cant get enough.

Graphics: 6/10

Gameplay: 10/10

Longevity: 10/10

Difficulty: 4/10

Overall: 9/10

Rent or buy?: Buy

Played the game on my: Xbox

Everybody's Golf on PSP

I like this game, i do enjoy golf games.

This little machine is cool as.

Graphics: 9/10

Gameplay: 7/10

Longevity: 7/10

Difficulty: 5/10

Overall: 7/10

Rent or buy?: Buy if you like golf

Played the game on my: PSP

Titan CEO

Ratchet and clank UP your ****nal

I hadnt really heard of ratchet and clank much prior to getting this game a few days after x-mas...i had seen some ads over the last few years and it didnt really appeal to me. But i wanted to see what it was like so i chucked it in and started playing...the first 30 mins i got hooked! i really enjoyed the game. Those types of platforms arent normally the games i play...but i liked UYA very much.

Graphics: 8/10- they are excellent

Gameplay: 7.5/10 - camera angels were a bit annoying to start with but i got used to it in teh end.

Longevity: 8.5/10- has alot of stages and ALOT of things to collect and do.

Difficulty: 6/10- some parts are hard...but if you give it a few more tries you normally get the hang of it and get passed the hard parts.

Overall: 8.5/10- really enjoyed it.

Rent or buy?: buy

Played the game on my:PS2

THE ELDER SCROLLS IV -- OBLIVION

Set in a mystic land Oblivion allows players to take charge of thier very own "Medievil type" character.
    When first loading into the game you are greated with the character creation screen. There are endless options to make a character look just how you want it to look. You are then Instructed through a Tutorial Dungeon, Whilst learning the plot to the game. At the end of the tutorial dungeon you are then presented with the charater class screen, Where you can choose to be a heroic warrior, A sneaky thief, Or an outright stealth Assasin.

The game is a very heavy RPG game and with that being said I would only recommend it to the Hardcore RPG fan.

Graphics: 9/10- Awsome use of modern tech. To get the game looking as sharp as it does.

Gameplay: 7/10 - The scaled leveling of creatures to your current level really lets this game down. There is no way you can go back to a starting dungeon and dominate the creatures inside as they are always kept at your characters level.

Longevity: 9.5/10- Along with an enormous Main quest, There are side quests, As well as freeform quests you can do... Waiting for people to go to sleep then breaking into thier house and robbing all thier possesions is fun. And the Assasination Guild in the game has an endless supply of Contracts for you to take care of.

Difficulty: n/a- There is an ingame option to Scale the Difficult rating of the game to your playing style... If your a hardcore Gamer then set it to max. If your a beginner to RPG type games, Set it to min.

Overall: 9/10 The scaled leveling is a pain, But the longtivity makes up for it.

This game is currently available on PC-DVD and Xbox-360.
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Time has come, I have waited all to long to write a review for this game... If you have a family and full time job and any kind of social life My advice is to stop here and never think about this game again This game is Highly addictive and to the loyal followers has been renamed "World of Warcrack"

This game is a "Mass Multiplayer, Online Role Playing game" and as such does incurr a $15 a month subscription to play the game. (A small price for the nonstop entertainment it provides)

Set in the Glorious world of Azeroth Blizzards World of Warcraft takes players deep into the heart of the Warcraft Franchise.

Once you have started up the game the first choice as a player you have to make is What kind of server to play on. I will go through the server types in a minute So you can make a choice that best suits you.

firstly there is the traditional RP-realms.. (Role playing Servers. Where you act as you think your character would in the game..) Some examples would be, When chatting to another player, Do not say "Hey there Hows it hanging dude" But more like "Greetings Warrior, How goes your travels" Personaly i find these realms full of uptight people who just dont seem interested in general chit chat. (after all alot of this game is interacted with other people, So finding like minded people is priority.

Next you have the PVE realms (Player v's Environment) These servers are great if its your first time in the game, As it is strictly you against the game.. Again still based soley on interaction with other people (by this I mean in order to get some things done you will need a group to accomplish it) Although this realm type is still not my cup of tea...

Last but not least, My favorite PvPRealm (Player v's Player) Choosing a PVP realm is like getting a game and setting it to Extremly crazy hard mode, Because now not only do you have to keep an eye on the creatures you are attacking, But at any time a member of the opposing faction (factions will be mentioned in a little bit) can come up and kill you. for me this is the best server type to make a class on as it offers the most variation for the game. It is where i have leveled all my characters and will continue to do so.

Now that the realm choice is made, Its time to choose your character and "Race" World of Warcraft offers players 9 different class types over 8 different races spread amongst two facions.

First the factions. Again there is two. The HORDE and the ALLIANCE. There are no good guys or bad guys, This is just a personal choice made by the player.

Next we have the races. Firstly on the horde side we have.
    -The orcs (Think of shrek and you will get an idea of what they look like)
    -The trolls (Not much in way of discription thier trolls )
    -The Undead (These are basically re-risen corpses, a fun race to play as)
    -The tauren (These guys are big cows. They fit into the game lore somewhere and thier towns remind you of native American indians)

On the Alliance we have.
    -Humans (Men and women, Not much explaining here)
    -Gnomes (Short little guys with wackey hair do's)
    -Dwarfs (My favorite race. Dont know why but My main character is a dwarf and I like them)
    -Night Elves ( Just like Elves in Lord of the rings)

Now the classes. Each factions have all classes available to them bar 1 each (Shaman are Horde only) and (Paladins, Alliance Only)

*Warrior- Your general damage taker and in most cases group leader. A group cannot hope to achieve victory in a dungeon without a warrior

*Priest - Again another Essential Class to the game, As a priest your primary job is to heal dying Allies.

*mage- If you like doing damage and blowing stuff up this is for you, These guys really pack a punch.

*Warlock-Like to be in controll of demons and such, Play a warlock, Great at doing major damage with thier Damage over time spells

*Hunters-The second most popular class in the game, for the sheer simplicity and ease to level, Basically with one of these guys you can tame animals which then do mass damage for you up close while you sit back and shoot the enemy to death.

*Druid- The shape shifting class, This class is a jack of all trades class, You can heal, Do damage and run fast.

*Rogue- The most popular class in the game, You can attack enemys from stealth. Alot of good rogues are able to have thier enemy walking from the graveyard before they even know they are there.

*Paladin The holy healer/warrior class. You can do a warriors job if needed or you can do a priests job if needed, A great class built around Survivability. (Wouldn't recommend this class to a begginer, Even though thats what it was intended for)

*Shaman The powerhouse Character, These guys are the ones everyone hates, They can interupt your spells, Slow you down and also buff themselves up with the elements. A hard class to manage, But very powerfull in the hands of a great player.

After you have made your choices its now time to enter the game. you start in your respective Race town as a level one character, With aspiration to reach level 60 (an expansion is due around september when the level cap will be maxed to 70) Its now time to find quests and gain the experience you need to advance through the game.

Graphics: 9/10- Very pleasing graphics, And every zone has something that makes you think WOW look at that.

Gameplay: 9.5/10 - Very easy to learn to play, The learning curve is not hard at all.

Longevity: 10/10- 18 months of playing and i still log in everyday. (I think its more of an addiction than longevity

Difficulty: 9/10- With the pictures i will post below, You will see that organising 40 people to go to one dungeon and kill multiple bosses is no easy task, But the rewards are phenominal.

Overall:10!!! no if buts or whatever, This game just delivers, And with constant updates (One of the reasons you pay a monthly fee) its never the same.

There are other aspects of the game I have left out here, Such as the Auction houses and the Trade skills you can learn, But i'll leave all those good things for you to find yourself

If you do decide to pick this game up, there are over 120 different realms to choose from, But if you want a helping hand to get started out jump on the server named "Aegwynn" (Its the first in the US server lists) and look up moejoe on the alliance side. (To do that type in your chatbox "/who moejoe" and send me a message, I'll hook you up with some knowledge to get you started and on your way.

Here is a picture of me and my guild on the Aegywnn server just after we killed Ragnaros, Who is a the final boss in the epic dungeon Moltencore. Our guild was the first on the server to do this, So we all thought it Screenshot worthy
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoe
    WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Time has come, I have waited all to long to write a review for this game... If you have a family and full time job and any kind of social life My advice is to stop here and never think about this game again This game is Highly addictive and to the loyal followers has been renamed "World of Warcrack"

This game is a "Mass Multiplayer, Online Role Playing game" and as such does incurr a $15 a month subscription to play the game. (A small price for the nonstop entertainment it provides)

Set in the Glorious world of Azeroth Blizzards World of Warcraft takes players deep into the heart of the Warcraft Franchise.

Once you have started up the game the first choice as a player you have to make is What kind of server to play on. I will go through the server types in a minute So you can make a choice that best suits you.

firstly there is the traditional RP-realms.. (Role playing Servers. Where you act as you think your character would in the game..) Some examples would be, When chatting to another player, Do not say "Hey there Hows it hanging dude" But more like "Greetings Warrior, How goes your travels" Personaly i find these realms full of uptight people who just dont seem interested in general chit chat. (after all alot of this game is interacted with other people, So finding like minded people is priority.

Next you have the PVE realms (Player v's Environment) These servers are great if its your first time in the game, As it is strictly you against the game.. Again still based soley on interaction with other people (by this I mean in order to get some things done you will need a group to accomplish it) Although this realm type is still not my cup of tea...

Last but not least, My favorite PvPRealm (Player v's Player) Choosing a PVP realm is like getting a game and setting it to Extremly crazy hard mode, Because now not only do you have to keep an eye on the creatures you are attacking, But at any time a member of the opposing faction (factions will be mentioned in a little bit) can come up and kill you. for me this is the best server type to make a class on as it offers the most variation for the game. It is where i have leveled all my characters and will continue to do so.

Now that the realm choice is made, Its time to choose your character and "Race" World of Warcraft offers players 9 different class types over 8 different races spread amongst two facions.

First the factions. Again there is two. The HORDE and the ALLIANCE. There are no good guys or bad guys, This is just a personal choice made by the player.

Next we have the races. Firstly on the horde side we have.
    -The orcs (Think of shrek and you will get an idea of what they look like)
    -The trolls (Not much in way of discription thier trolls )
    -The Undead (These are basically re-risen corpses, a fun race to play as)
    -The tauren (These guys are big cows. They fit into the game lore somewhere and thier towns remind you of native American indians)

On the Alliance we have.
    -Humans (Men and women, Not much explaining here)
    -Gnomes (Short little guys with wackey hair do's)
    -Dwarfs (My favorite race. Dont know why but My main character is a dwarf and I like them)
    -Night Elves ( Just like Elves in Lord of the rings)

Now the classes. Each factions have all classes available to them bar 1 each (Shaman are Horde only) and (Paladins, Alliance Only)

*Warrior- Your general damage taker and in most cases group leader. A group cannot hope to achieve victory in a dungeon without a warrior

*Priest - Again another Essential Class to the game, As a priest your primary job is to heal dying Allies.

*mage- If you like doing damage and blowing stuff up this is for you, These guys really pack a punch.

*Warlock-Like to be in controll of demons and such, Play a warlock, Great at doing major damage with thier Damage over time spells

*Hunters-The second most popular class in the game, for the sheer simplicity and ease to level, Basically with one of these guys you can tame animals which then do mass damage for you up close while you sit back and shoot the enemy to death.

*Druid- The shape shifting class, This class is a jack of all trades class, You can heal, Do damage and run fast.

*Rogue- The most popular class in the game, You can attack enemys from stealth. Alot of good rogues are able to have thier enemy walking from the graveyard before they even know they are there.

*Paladin The holy healer/warrior class. You can do a warriors job if needed or you can do a priests job if needed, A great class built around Survivability. (Wouldn't recommend this class to a begginer, Even though thats what it was intended for)

*Shaman The powerhouse Character, These guys are the ones everyone hates, They can interupt your spells, Slow you down and also buff themselves up with the elements. A hard class to manage, But very powerfull in the hands of a great player.

After you have made your choices its now time to enter the game. you start in your respective Race town as a level one character, With aspiration to reach level 60 (an expansion is due around september when the level cap will be maxed to 70) Its now time to find quests and gain the experience you need to advance through the game.

Graphics: 9/10- Very pleasing graphics, And every zone has something that makes you think WOW look at that.

Gameplay: 9.5/10 - Very easy to learn to play, The learning curve is not hard at all.

Longevity: 10/10- 18 months of playing and i still log in everyday. (I think its more of an addiction than longevity

Difficulty: 9/10- With the pictures i will post below, You will see that organising 40 people to go to one dungeon and kill multiple bosses is no easy task, But the rewards are phenominal.

Overall:10!!! no if buts or whatever, This game just delivers, And with constant updates (One of the reasons you pay a monthly fee) its never the same.

There are other aspects of the game I have left out here, Such as the Auction houses and the Trade skills you can learn, But i'll leave all those good things for you to find yourself

If you do decide to pick this game up, there are over 120 different realms to choose from, But if you want a helping hand to get started out jump on the server named "Aegwynn" (Its the first in the US server lists) and look up moejoe on the alliance side. (To do that type in your chatbox "/who moejoe" and send me a message, I'll hook you up with some knowledge to get you started and on your way.

Here is a picture of me and my guild on the Aegywnn server just after we killed Ragnaros, Who is a the final boss in the epic dungeon Moltencore. Our guild was the first on the server to do this, So we all thought it Screenshot worthy

LOL all my friends play this game and this is what they can't stop talking about... and as someone who has no idea what they are talking about... it annoys me HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    LOL all my friends play this game and this is what they can't stop talking about... and as someone who has no idea what they are talking about... it annoys me HAHA

Go pick up a trial cd at Harvey Norman and give it a go.. All your mates should be able to point you in the right direction on how to get set up

[/B]Lord of the Rings Battle for Midddle Earth 2:

Graphics[/B] 9/10
    Gameplay 9.5/10
    Longevity
    9/10
    Difficulty 9/10
    Overall
    [/U][I] 9/10

Great game if youlike the medi-evil fantasy games...

BATTLEFIELD 2

Gameplay:9/10

Longevity: 10/10

Difficulty: online game so its pretty hard... 9/10

Overall: 9/10

Rent or buy?: buy it for sure, great game, never get sick of it

Played the game on my: PC

GO THE MAROONS!

Titan First Grade Squad

Default Medal Of Honor: European Assault

Medal Of Honour:European Assault

This was the most recently purchased game by me for my, Nintendo Gamecube. I brought it a few months ago and played it non-stop for the first week but have not really touched it since. I think that is due to the fact it is only really made as a one player game. I'll get straight into it. You have 4 differents area with anywhere from 3-4 differents little battles of WWII to fight. You start in Europe and go to Africa to fight in Egypt and such. The game is very challenging in some spots and others are fairly easy. The game has good graphics and the best MOH game I have played to date. I would only recommend hiring it as the mulitplayer battles aren't top notch. But it is still a fairly entertaining game to play.

Gameplay: 8/10

Longevity: 6/10

Difficulty: 7/10

Overall: 7.5/10

Rent or buy?: Rent

Played the game on my: Nintendo Gamecube

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

This game is bloody fantastic! I fell in love with this first person shooter the moment I fired the first bullet out of the gun.

Graphics: 10/10

Gameplay: 10/10 - great gameplay! you have to lead your squad around by giving orders, If you command anything stupid, they die and you end up dying. You have to work as a team.

Longevity: 8/10

Difficulty: 10/10 - It can get really really hard at times, especially if you lose some squad members.

Overall: 9.999/10

Rent or buy?: BUY!!!!!

Played the game on my: PC, xbox/ps2 versions are pretty dodgey! On PC is fantastic!

I highly reccomend getting this game if you love fps's like myself!!!! Very tactical, great overall game.
    Last edited by Robbie_Dee; 17-10-06 at 10:11 PM.

GO THE MAROONS!