Thread: Hello to all

Default Hello to all

My name is Toby and as my username states, I'm from NZ.

I love league and lived on the Gold Coast for 9 months from 2002 to 2003. Obviously the GC didn't have a team while I was there so I was (and still am ) a Warriors fan. I really enjoyed my time on the GC , I think it's a wonderful place and now they have a team hence the reason why I'm also a Titans fan.
    TITANS & WARRIORS

Hey Toby! Welcome to the Titans fanbase!

Great to have another rugby league loving Kiwi with us.

I nearly always cheer on the Warriors as well, unless they are playing one of the few teams I like more. A strong Warriors also means a strong Kiwis which is great for international football and the World Cup.

Where abouts in New Zealand do you live?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

welcome to the the titans forum u will have fun here with us

Welcome Toby. you've come to a great place to discuss league and in particular the mighty Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Thanks guys, I have no doubt this board will be fun to talk Titans

And to answer DIEHARD's question, I live in Christchurch .
    TITANS & WARRIORS

Ah south island. How is the popularity of rugby league down there?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Ah south island. How is the popularity of rugby league down there?
    Yup, we get one Warriors game a year down here. I'm not too sure how poular it is but I can say that at school it was almost non-existent. It's all about union down here
    TITANS & WARRIORS

Quote Originally Posted by Across The Ditch View Post
    Yup, we get one Warriors game a year down here. I'm not too sure how poular it is but I can say that at school it was almost non-existent. It's all about union down here
    Fear not, rugby league will one day have it's own second NRL club in New Zealand representing southern New Zealand.

It's a shame it isn't in your school, the least we can do is offer it in schools.

I always found that rugby league appealed to alot of students in private schools especially those not in the First XV or into rugby union.

Would you say the sport is non existant, if offered would people be interested?

But great to know we have you on our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Fear not, rugby league will one day have it's own second NRL club in New Zealand representing southern New Zealand.

It's a shame it isn't in your school, the least we can do is offer it in schools.

I always found that rugby league appealed to alot of students in private schools especially those not in the First XV or into rugby union.

Would you say the sport is non existant, if offered would people be interested?

But great to know we have you on our forum.
    I'm not at school this year (I'm now at uni) but I was just going off last year. I knew one kid my age who was into League and played for a club. I've never played the game myself, exept in the school grounds when I lived on the GC.

I wouldn't say it's totally non existant, I'm sure there are clubs and other schools probably have teams.

I did live on the west coast of the south island for 3 years and the league was about as popular as the union over there in terms of player numbers for both codes.
    TITANS & WARRIORS

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

welcome champ. hope ya have a bucket load of fun, its great here.