Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    Mate its more to do with ppl go thru hard times and so do the family so i thought well im going to do sumthing hard as well and i know very well that is not as hard as ppl and they family have to go thru....
    That's very true. one night of discomfort can't even come close to it.

i have knocked up a piece of crappy pipe to fill with charcoal to use as some form of heat cold just means miserable, no guarantee how well it will work

am really looking forward to this event

only a week to go
    i am also bringing 2 friends with me aswell (shannon & brooke) so you can add them to the list steve
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Okay guys, I just heard back from the Cancer Council.

We can start setting up at 8am! So if we can get there for 8, claim a spot, set some stuff up, we don't have to be there all morning (although it'd be handy if someone stays with the camp site). Getting in at 8 means we can find a good spot and not be in any rush later on.

Also with any money you've collected, you can deposit it direct into the bank. I appear to have left the deposit book at home, but I'll post the details this afternoon. We need to deposit the money before the relay. And if you can let me know how much you deposited I can do up a tally.
    Also, if you need to give receipts to anyone who donated let me know the details and I can write them out.

Also, if you've sold raffle tickets, that money must NOT be deposited with donations. It's to go in separately.

I've got the t-shirts and bags for the candlelight ceremony. It's probably easiest if I bring the t-shirts on the day, but if you want to get your bag early to write a message or decorate, let me know ASAP and I can post it out to you.

awesome steve, good work.....ill try to be available at 8am........

anyone have any ideas on how our camp site can give away 2 LEGION tickets to the storm game.....?

would be great for a suffer and their carer.........as like a prize or something........ive got no idea..........

......could also (maybe) make it 4 tickets to the game?

to me, its something that can get more people involved in footy, the titans and is better than just some cash as it will hopefully be an experience they'll never forget.........

late notice i know but please chuck me some ideas.......

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

That'll be sweet.
    I'm going to try to be there from 8am too, Shamus is going to need some help with his tent!

I've been trying to think of an idea for the tickets. I really like the idea of them going to a sufferer or carer, god knows they'd not get much time to get out and do something fun, and treatments can be expensive so little things like that get skipped over.
    Might be able to just donate them to the Cancer Council and they could distribute them too.

Might be able to link them into our camp activity (assuming we come up with something!)

They've sent out the latest newsletter today, hopefully you got it if your email address was on the form. I might upload it when I get home just in case.

But a bit of a summary.
    Monday needs to be banked before thursday. Don't panic if it's not, I'm pretty sure we won't be winning the Highest Fundraising Team competition (maybe next year!), it just means it's out of the way and doesn't need to be worried about.

There's 87 teams registered, and they've already raised over $94,000! The target is $180,000. Might come close.

Things to bring:
    Hat and sunscreen (slip slop slap!), pillows, sleeping bags, blankets, warm clothes, comfortable shoes, insect repellent, torch and fold up chair.

With Shamus' tent and Doug's gazebo, we should have plenty of shade and cover, and from experience most people don't sleep, but if you have a tent you want to bring along in addition, feel free to. Maybe some ground sheets/picnic blankets. I imagine it'll get damp either way.

If someone has a radio that runs on batteries it'll be great to bring that along. There's going to be an onsite relay broadcast on 107.9FM with entertainment and messages about what's happening. So a radio is essential!

Some things to remember:
    No pets, no BBQ's or naked flames, no rollerblades, skateboards, bikes, etc. Strictly walking (apart from wheelchairs)
    All vehicles must remain in the provided parking during the event, NOT around the track.
    All activities MUST cease during the Candlelight Ceremony.
    Campsites MUST be left spotless (so keep it tidy, less cleaning up in the morning)
    Limited alcohol (no glass!)
    and it's a smoke free zone.

Me again!
    If you've collected any donations you can deposit it in the National bank, account 506332424, the account name is The Cancer Council Queensland Relay For Life.

Remember to let me know how much you've deposited, and keep the deposit receipt to give to me so I can hand it in with all our paperwork.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    awesome steve, good work.....ill try to be available at 8am........

anyone have any ideas on how our camp site can give away 2 LEGION tickets to the storm game.....?

would be great for a suffer and their carer.........as like a prize or something........ive got no idea..........

......could also (maybe) make it 4 tickets to the game?

to me, its something that can get more people involved in footy, the titans and is better than just some cash as it will hopefully be an experience they'll never forget.........

late notice i know but please chuck me some ideas.......
    Good idea and we can have it as a raffle and the money can go to the found

i had an idea.....with the 'funny money' that is given out.............we could charge 2 or so dollars for a raffle ticket for the prize that will be drawn at like 6 or 7 in the morning........???

only problem with that is that its not definate that a sufferer/survivor/carer will win...............

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Each team gets $250 funny money as $2 notes. You can spend it on activities in other people's camps, and there's a prize for the team with the most funny money.

I've uploaded the final newsletter, it has a map of the area showing where to drop off, where to park and where we can and can't camp. It also explains the funny money!
    Raffling them off could be a good activity for our team, though as you say, no way of knowing who it goes to.

The newsletter is here.

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    i had an idea.....with the 'funny money' that is given out.............we could charge 2 or so dollars for a raffle ticket for the prize that will be drawn at like 6 or 7 in the morning........???

only problem with that is that its not definate that a sufferer/survivor/carer will win...............
    Top idea!

Remember, we are there to support them and the cause, not to pity them. It doesn't matter who wins the tickets.

It'll definitely be an easy activity for us to do.
    I emailed someone at the Titans about the passing thing, so we'll see how that goes, and if my face painting friend comes we can do that too, no reason we have to have just one activity!

I'll try to remember to pick up a book of raffle tickets this week.

i really like the idea of raffling off the tickets for funny money.....
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

just letting ppl know that i'll be ther about 8am and i'll be bringing the shade thingie iv got a few numbers so wen i get ther i'll give u guys a call....

Cant wait..