Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Got an update!

Went to the team captain meeting this evening.
    It was good to get a few points clarified.

There is no set theme for the relay, so we can do pretty much anything we like. Any ideas? Or do we run with a footy theme?

I picked up a few Cancer Council money boxes that can be used for collecting coin donations. So if anyone has a workplace where they'll be able to put one, let me know.

The zany letterbox thing. Basically you get creative and make a big letterbox to put in your camp. People can use it for shenanigans, but also if you get sponsorship from a business, you can then drop flyers into the letterboxes as you walk the circuit. The aim is for 100 teams and assuming 15 on a team, that's 1,500 people their ad would be reaching, not to mention 1,500 people very appreciative of their support. So one idea would be to canvas local businesses, or even your own work to drum up some support and sponsorship in exchange for advertising.

There are art union tickets available too, apparently they're good sellers. I'll pick some up this week, so if you want a book let me know.

Apparently the walk is actually on the path around the lake, so that'll be a nice backdrop, and Austar set up a big screen, so if the Titans game is on that night, we may get to watch! Although one woman at the meeting asked for the AFL this time.

They have a competition involving 'funny money'. This is where you set up a game or an activity at the camp and charge people 'funny money' to play.

There's a prize for the team with the most funny money at the end, but it's not a big thing, mainly just something fun to do during the day.
    Idea that came to mind is one of those cardboard cut out things you see outside the footy for kids to pass the ball through the hole.
    Apparently one of the teams will have a qualified masseuse on hand for the funny money!

you count me in for sure, i am already doing the relay again this year.... cant wait for it... would have to be one of the best events of the year

Looking forward to this very much.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Well, I've got 8 names on the registration form, aiming for at least 15.

I'll be bringing the form to the game on sunday, so come see me and put your name down.

Just a reminder, there's a $10 registration fee per person, so if you can have that with you too, that'd be great. Need to get all this in, there's not much time left.

I'm going to try to grab some art union tickets, so if you want some of those to sell, let me know. Also, if you work in a place where you can put a moneybox to collect donations I have a couple. Again, let me know and I'll bring one along.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Well, I've got 8 names on the registration form, aiming for at least 15.

I'll be bringing the form to the game on sunday, so come see me and put your name down.
    Sweet Steve, I'll see you on Sunday. ATM I haven't got any thing to stop me being part of it so I don't see any reason i can't make it. Put me down and I'l give you the money on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Sweet Steve, I'll see you on Sunday. ATM I haven't got any thing to stop me being part of it so I don't see any reason i can't make it. Put me down and I'l give you the money on Sunday.
    Awesome!
    Even if something comes up on the day, help with the fundraising beforehand is always good. But the more walkers we have the better, means less we have to do!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

see you on sunday cuz im in to this...

Hey Steve, forgot to buy raffles from you on Sunday. When is it - will see if I make it up for another game to pass on the $$$

Steve hopefulyl we can catch up if we go to watch the mighty Titans play the Knights at Crushers Leagues on Saturday. We'll have to try and get Goatus along as well. And we can get some $$$ out of him and I can pay you my registration fee.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Well! The relay is fast approaching.

For anyone who wants to donate, unfortunately there's no easy website to click to like with the World's Greatest Shave, but I've set up a donation option on my paypal account.

click here!

You can click on the link and donate that way. Every dollar helps! I can also post you a receipt for donations over $2If you go to the games you can also catch any of the team members there to donate.

i had a moment the other day... i thought the relay was on the 30th which i also thought was the saturday night and i was booked to play a gig....

well as it may happen... I GOT IT ALL WRONG... my gig is on the friday night

i am very much relieved now that i WILL NOT be missing out on walking for what is a wonderful cause...

Steve, make sure you get my reg fee from me @ the bulldogs game...
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    i had a moment the other day... i thought the relay was on the 30th which i also thought was the saturday night and i was booked to play a gig....

well as it may happen... I GOT IT ALL WRONG... my gig is on the friday night

i am very much relieved now that i WILL NOT be missing out on walking for what is a wonderful cause...

Steve, make sure you get my reg fee from me @ the bulldogs game...
    Wow thats great luck!

I have raised $60 so far in my collection tin and selling my raffle tickets.

Looking forward to the event.

We all definitely have to give Steve our reg fees at the next game.

Junior Titan Little Miss Legion's Avatar

Thumbs up

i would like to join the team i will come with Hully Gully (i'm childrens size t-shirt)my mum and brother and friends may also attend depending on work rosters.c u at the dogs!!!

It'd be great to have you on the team, Little Miss Legion.

Willie, i think Brad has some raffle tickets, so fingers crossed he packed them to take down, that'd be easiest. (Although more than likely his bags are empty to make room for comics.)

Will do, Davey!
    Also need to collect from DIEHARD, Goatus, Dannyboi, Hully Gully, and will bring the sign up form so Hully can sign up Little Miss Legion too!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Hey stevo can i get sum tickets books at the dog games as money as u can give me cuz on my travells i can sell them as i go