Default Bulldogs announce new CEO and Sponsor

BULLDOGS ANNOUNCE NEW CEO
    13th Mar 2008 @ 1:01pm

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs have received a boost ahead of the 2008 Telstra Premiership kick-off with the appointment of respected sports administrator Mr Todd Greenberg as Chief Executive Officer.

Mr Greenberg is already familiar to the Club having served as Operations Manager from 1998 until 2001, since then he has been General Manager Commercial Operations at ANZ Stadium.

In his role with ANZ Stadium Mr Greenberg has been involved with NRL Grand Finals and State of Origin matches, Rugby Union World Cup (2003), AFL matches, Football World Cup qualifiers (2006) and major concerts.

Mr Greenberg has also completed a Masters Degree in Sports Management.

?This is a really important time for the Bulldogs Rugby League Club and the Board is pleased to have appointed Todd Greenberg to lead us through it,? said Chairman Dr George Peponis.

?Having worked with all of Australia?s major sporting codes through his role with ANZ Stadium Todd has a strong understanding of what works in sports business.

?As a talented sportsman in his own right he has an appreciation of the footballers? needs.

?Importantly, he has a real passion for the Bulldogs and a desire to further strengthen its position as one of Rugby League?s iconic clubs.?

Mr Greenberg will commence duties on Monday 31 March.

?This is a really positive opportunity, I?ve been with the Bulldogs before and I know the values of the Club and what can be achieved,? Mr Greenberg said.

?I?m looking forward to allowing the Bulldogs to get on with what they do best.?

Mr Greenberg and Chairman Dr George Peponis will be available to the media in the Grand Prix Room at Bulldogs Rugby League Club (Sydney Park Athletic Centre, Edwin Flack Drive, Homebush) at 1.30pm today, Thursday 13 March.

Media will need to contact Frank Barrett on 0439 535 055 for access which will be off Edwin Flack Drive into Shane Gould Drive, then into P2. Parking ticket will be validated at Bulldogs offices. Please note rangers will book any unauthorised parking.

The Bulldogs have also appointed Polly McCardell as a Public Affairs consultant to the Club. The role will cover work on media strategy and image development with the Bulldogs. Ms McCardell served as Bulldogs Media Manager from 1999-2002 and more recently as NRL Media Manager from 2003-2007.

There is so much great stuff in here... Todd is a man from the outside, who still knows the club and I really think he'll do well...Polly is back, she is the woman who I saw on TV and got me into the PR industry.... she is such an asset to have..

Oh and this afternoon it was announced Maxim Home Loans has been upgraded to back of jersey sponsor... it's all going strong for the Bulldogs...

I hate the bulldogs. Can't wait until we smash them