Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

All I have to say after looking at those two teams is THANKS QUEENSLAND..

I'm not surprised that Prince missed out again but I do reckon he would have been a better choice at 6 than Hunt... Hunt has experience at 6, but I don't think it's ever been anything special, where as Prince played 6 at the Tigers and showed he's as good at 6 as he is at 7.

But I don't just thank the Maroons for that, I thank them for not picking Bowen or Wesser... and for picking a bench full of hard running forwards... the contest has been even out a fair bit by doing that.

This should be a cracker of a series and I have full faith the boys south of the border can dothe job.. GO THE BLUES...

P.S. Darren, the reason Mullen wasn't chosen is he hasn't had enough time back in FG.. if he keeps up his form and Gidley is still out in SOO2, then depending on how Wallace goes, the two of them will have a real fight for that number 7 jersey.

tate??? u have got to be joking, i hope they put a gps on him so he know to run straight not sideways...

as a titans fan, am glad that prince will be available come friday night, but being a QLD supporter, i am thinking about placing a bet for nsw to win.

i always thought that rep footy was about picking the players that are in form.. picking the best possible players...

oh well, off to the TAB for me... lol
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Queensland team just got named

Source: www.foxsports.com.au

I have had no time at all over the past few months to come here and post due to uni committments, but I had to come back for another annual rant at the selectors... How in the world can they CONTINUE to ignore the Titans and the brilliance of Scott Prince?! It makes no sense to see Hunt in the side, let alone at number 6
    i completely agree, its getting beyond a joke. how can they take someone who has been out injured, bring him back and play him out of position in what i believe to be the worlds toughest rugby league series there is. just rediculous. plus what better half back is there in the nrl? thurston is and always has been a better 5/8 so why not play him there.

Look at the QLD back line will you !!!

Slater
    Dynamo, his combo with Cameron Smith will cause some headaches

Folau
    Will make Quinn look 3 foot tall, show Hayne what a real talented youngster looks like

Inglis & Hodges
    Completely engulf any attack from "once were warriors"- Gasnier & Cooper
    Not to mention what they create out of nothing

Tate
    ??? Distract blues players with his collar ??? thats all i can think of.

Hunt & Thurston
    Not as strong as Prince/Thurston would be, but are they better than their opposing numbers?
    (Wallace & Bird?..... i think so!)

Look at it this way-
    How many of the starting side for NSW would make the QLD starting 13
    2... maybe 3??
    QLD will have to beat themselves to loose,
    Because i doubt this NSW side can beat them
    -
    "And that's the ball game" - Steve 'Blocker' Roach after NSW hit the lead 23-18 with 5 mins to go...
    State Of Origin Game 1 1998
    -
    1992 - 1993 - 1997 - 1998 - 2000 - 2006

Does the phrase "too many cooks spoil the broth" really apply to football sides? I don't think it does. If Prince and Thurston are too dominant to play beside each other in the halves, pick one and put him with a less dominant half, don't pick one and put him with a fullback whose never played NRL level at 5/8.

Prince and Thurston would have been lethal splitting either side of Cameron Smith. The kicking options alone would win the game without factoring in the brilliance of the back line (Tate being the exception).

Seeing Hunt on Fox Sports News last night I think he's even a bit iffy about his selection at 6.

Both sides selected for this game crop up a lot of question marks. I hate to say it but upon reading the teams I was suddenly less pumped about traveling up the highway next Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    Does the phrase "too many cooks spoil the broth" really apply to football sides? I don't think it does.
    I agree.
    So often we hear about the danger of a side relying on the one play maker, shut them down, and it's game over. Yet they're telling us this is the best option in origin?

I've always thought Hunt would make a great 5/8 but give up on the idea a couple of seasons ago...It's good to see him get a go in a position that will suit him down the track but does he have to get his first crack in an Origin game?

This crazy idea that Prince and Thurston can't play together because they are too dominant or too similar is total bullsh!t. I can't believe so many people have jumped on that bandwagon.

Anyway...I think QLD are very strong in the outside backs but don't underestimate the blues backline.

The blues strength is their backrowers but I'm sure Thiaday can sort them out.

When u like at Pairing like :
    Lewis / Langer
    Daley / Stuart
    Walters / Langer

Or even Thurston / Lockyer

they have always had 2 dominate players, to say they couldnt pick Prince becuase he is dominate, is BS. But hey as a titans supporter i wont complain Friday night.

And lets face it, we could pick 2 turds in the halves, and still score tries against this pathetic weak NSW side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    When u like at Pairing like :
    Lewis / Langer
    Daley / Stuart
    Walters / Langer

Or even Thurston / Lockyer

they have always had 2 dominate players, to say they couldnt pick Prince becuase he is dominate, is BS. But hey as a titans supporter i wont complain Friday night.

And lets face it, we could pick 2 turds in the halves, and still score tries against this pathetic weak NSW side.
    Ya right Coaster you guys will score plenty & win easy just like the Bookies are saying because thats whats expected from the Fav's
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

Talking

Just heard on SEA fm that they have printed 12,000 signs saying 'PRINCEY FOR ORIGIN' and are giving them away before the game tomorrow night. They want everyone to hold them up every time Scotty gets the ball or is involved in the play. Lots of tv coverage to show the dumb selectors the error of their ways! Great show of support for Scotty- should look amazing! Also THE KING(Wally) was on and giving his support for Prince as well! Good on you Wally-you are a champion!
    GO THE MIGHTY MAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS

[QUOTE=Jaye001;223960]
    Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    How about guys who were born and raised in Queensland,
    QUOTE]

Well if thats the case then you better send inglis back down south of the border. It does always look a bit stupid when they show the origin of the player pre game and it says Inglis is from Bowraville Tigers!!!!!!!!
    Didn't Inglis nominate Norths Devils as his junior team. I thought that was what made him eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by jenwood View Post
    Just heard on SEA fm that they have printed 12,000 signs saying 'PRINCEY FOR ORIGIN' and are giving them away before the game tomorrow night. They want everyone to hold them up every time Scotty gets the ball or is involved in the play. Lots of tv coverage to show the dumb selectors the error of their ways! Great show of support for Scotty- should look amazing! Also THE KING(Wally) was on and giving his support for Prince as well! Good on you Wally-you are a champion!
    GO THE MIGHTY MAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS
    I heard that this morning too & even this BLUE supporter will be holding the sign high for The Prince
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I heard that this morning too & even this BLUE supporter will be holding the sign high for The Prince
    Hell yeah! I mean, I'd hate for him to play against us, but if anyone deserves it, he does. All the more reason for Prince to destroy the dogs and for our boys to destroy the Queenslanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Hell yeah! I mean, I'd hate for him to play against us, but if anyone deserves it, he does. All the more reason for Prince to destroy the dogs and for our boys to destroy the Queenslanders.
    i am sorry steve but i think you musty be feeling a little off if you think that you are going to win @ origin... hahahaha
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    i am sorry steve but i think you musty be feeling a little off if you think that you are going to win @ origin... hahahaha
    It's only the right thing, to show Mal and the selectors they should have picked our Princey.