Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Can you imagine the frenzy for his signiture in Super League?!

I wouldn't want to see him coach the Bulldogs, Roosters or Dragons, that's for sure.

I dearly hope he picks up the New Zealand Kiwi coaching role.

It is interesting how he highlights the establishing stage of the Broncos as the best years, years we are enjoying here with the Titans at the moment.

Who knows he might even take a year off. But I like that he says that his coaching days aren't over, just coaching the Broncos.

His departure will really change the entire power structure of the club. Now it is probably just a one way street, I hope that street leads in a good direction for Bronco fans and Queensland rugby league supporters.

Storm fans will be having sleepless nights worried about losing Bellamy, but remember both clubs are owned by News Ltd, it wouldn't be hard to do a bit of musical chairs and see Bellamy released from his contract for the benefit of the Brisbane Broncos.

But I see Kevin Walters as a viable option for Broncos coach.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    As for who will replace him.....I would like to see Mal Meninga take up the job, however his business commitments will probably prevent him from taking the job (that is if he wanted it). Allan Langer has put his hands up.....he is a legend but i don't see him as a coach.
    I'm thinking the opposite...I'd think Langer would have more success then Meninga, as an NRL coach.
    Maybe you could use Meninga as a motivator from time to time.

I'd be betting that Bennett is looking for a role in Super League before consider coaching a Sydney team.

Quote Originally Posted by redback71 View Post

Maybe a new coach like Alan Langer or Mal Meninga maybe be the go.
    Alan Langer? It'd all be round table discussions if he was running the show. Round a table at the pub!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Alan Langer? It'd all be round table discussions if he was running the show. Round a table at the pub!
    That's the way a team should be formed.

Bellamy 'not in running' for Broncos job

Melbourne Storm chief executive Brian Waldron said the club's 2007 premiership-winning coach Craig Bellamy had ruled himself out of contention to replace Wayne Bennett in Brisbane.

Bellamy, contracted to the Storm through to the end of the 2009 season, has long been regarded as the likely successor to Bennett following a successful stint as his assistant at the Broncos from 1998-2002.

Bennett has announced 2008 would be his last in charge of the Broncos, but Waldron said Bellamy wasn't a candidate to replace him.

"Craig's been committed to the Storm, he's got two years to run and just out of courtesy I mentioned (Bennett's resignation) to him this morning and he confirmed his commitment to us," Waldron told AAP.

"He sees his future in Melbourne so we don't feel we have any need to push (contract negotiations) along."

Canberra coach Neil Henry now looms as the favourite to replace Bennett, who indicated he would continue his coaching career in either the NRL or the English Super League.

Source: http://www.NRL.com

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Well all I can say to this is well done to Wayne for a sensational career as coach of the Broncos and congrats on all the success...

Regardless of where he goes next and sadly DIEHARD, I think it will be to southern state NRL club, he will get the challenge he's wanted and I am sure he will continue to do well.

As for his replacement, my money is on Neil Henry to be caretaker for a year and then Neil and Craig Bellamy to join forces in 2010 for the super coaching Brisbane team... imagine that team, and how well coached it would be...

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    But he would only do it after the last race at Doomben
    #itaintweaktospeak

I'm absolutely devasted by his decision to leave the Broncos but given the amount of crap that's been happening politically up there, I understand and respect his decision.

He has been an inspiration to not only those involved in rugby league but in the community and I am sure he is going to continue to inspire and contribute to the game of rugby league in his next coaching appointment.

I really hope he won't be venturing into the land of the Dogs or Roosters - not unless management in those clubs are going to allow him to do a "major disciplinary shake-up".

I won't mind if he takes on some role in the Kiwi side too - it will be a good thing for rugby league as a whole and could probably make the standard of our international games a bit more competitive across the whole.

Alfie and Kevvie would be interesting coaches - could you imagine what it'll be like at the club? Alfie will be scheduling all training sessions etc around his races

But arghhh!!!!! All the best in your final year at the Broncos Wayne!

I would love Wayne to coach the Kiwis. He is a great rugby league internationalist.

I doubt the Roosters will take Wayne now because they have Brad Fittler, who I think has the makings of a fantastic coach.

QLD Cup Titan

Do you want to know why Qld is the State that is now that home of Rugby League in Australia?. Do you want to know why the ARL had to award Queensland the right to stage the Final Of the World Rugby League Cup!

I'll explain why - WE TREAT RUGBY LEAGUE MORE SERIOUSLY THAN ANYWHERE ELSE!

Were else but Queensland does the story about a Coach leaving a Club in 8 months time take up the first 3 pages of it's major newspaper! Would the Herald have no other story in it's first 3 pages dedicated to Ricky if he quit the Sharks- yeah right!

The first 3 pages of todays' Courier Mail has 1 story only , Wayne Bennett and the Broncos!

GOD WE LOVE OUR FOOTY- Terrific stuff Queensland (and to down South , you just wouldn't understand !!!!) But keep trying we are different and we are proud of it! (in Sydney that's generally associated with a parade that comment)

And thank you Premier , Lord Mayor and all the VIP's who saw fit to praise Bennett yesterday , shows you love the game!

In saying that if the NRL's Mr Gallop resigned it would barely raise a ripple up here (Who would celerbrate Mr Sydney & Channel 9 bloody centric !)
    Last edited by Old Diehard; 06-02-08 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackWillie View Post
    I really hope he won't be venturing into the land of the Dogs or Roosters - not unless management in those clubs are going to allow him to do a "major disciplinary shake-up".
    Some of the Bulldogs fans wouldn't mind Bennett knocking on the door.
    They feel the Bulldog play has become stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Diehard View Post

The first 3 pages of todays' Courier Mail has 1 story only , Wayne Bennett and the Broncos!
    The front page, the next 3 pages, about 5 pages in the back and the back page....
    I'm sure he loves the coverage
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Titan CEO

About bloody time!!! Never liked this grumpy old twat. 99% of people here obviously disagree, being a forum of mostly QLD'ers, But i couldnt stand him....rarely went to the coaches end of year meeting thingy ma-jiggy then would whinge all year about rules etc.

I reckon he will retire, cant see him being at another club.

Titan One Clubman

Ivan Henjak the favourite to get the coaching gig.

Further proof that spending time in Canberra turns you into a great coach. When you learn in the best city in the world you are bound to get results.

Bennett- Multi Premiership Winner
    Stuart- Premiership winner player and coach
    Bellamy- Premiership winner player and coach
    Henry- QLD assistant coach, the genius behind the team
    Meninga- Won premiership as a player and has coached QLD to Origin success.
    now Henjak..

Quote Originally Posted by Social Loafer View Post
    Ivan Henjak the favourite to get the coaching gig.

Further proof that spending time in Canberra turns you into a great coach. When you learn in the best city in the world you are bound to get results.

Bennett- Multi Premiership Winner
    Stuart- Premiership winner player and coach
    Bellamy- Premiership winner player and coach
    Henry- QLD assistant coach, the genius behind the team
    Meninga- Won premiership as a player and has coached QLD to Origin success.
    now Henjak..
    You might have a point with those stats but your poaching from a great breeding state.