Default WII: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Olimar Joins Brawl

The diminutive captain and his troupe of Pikmin have entered the fray. Are even more new Smash Bros. characters on the way?

King DeDeDe was the last new Smash Bros. character revealed on the game's official blog, but today's update finally has another: Captain Olimar from Nintendo's Pikmin series. Of course, Olimar has a gang of Pikmin (one of each color, including white and purple) to aid him in combat.

All we know so far about Olimar is that he has to manually pluck Pikmin from the ground during gameplay, and they don't live very long. Without any Pikmin, Olimar can't even perform smash attacks. The blog also notes that Pikmin tend to become scattered -- perhaps Olimar's trademark whistle can be used to call them?

The initial revelation doesn't give many details about how Olimar will play, or what kinds of special moves he will bring to battle. However, the blog usually follows up new character announcements with some of their special moves later in the week, so stay tuned for more information.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Can't wait for the game. Hopefully PAL gets a release that is pretty close to the NTSC (US) release.

www.smashbros.com posts updates every weekday at 5:00pm. That's where I get all my Super Smash Bros. Brawl information from

We won't be seeing this game on shelves til April a little birdy tells me.

Brawl receives top rating in Famitsu

Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been reviewed by highly respected Japanese video game magazine Famitsu, which gave it the highest possible score of 40/40. This makes the soon-to-be released fighting game the seventh game ever to be awarded this accolade, joining the ranks of other Nintendo games such as Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Nintendogs.

Scans from the magazine on NeoGAF have revealed the special moves for all of the characters, as well as heralding the return of a veteran from Super Smash Bros. Melee, who was also revealed in tonight's update of the Smash Bros. Dojo.

Source: http://www.aussie-nintendo.com

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=21455

It's out in Japan!

My fav characters are Link, Samus and Fox. I'm looking forward to Kid Icarus

Smash Bros. tops 1 million sales in Japan

11 days after launching in Japan on January 31, 2008, Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Brawl has broken records to become the fastest Wii game to hit platinum status in the region, with sales of 1.08 million units to date.

Famitsu publisher Enterbrain confirmed the achievement, seeing the game speed past Wii Fit, which took seven weeks to break one million, and Wii Sports, which took 11 weeks.

The game will be available throughout the Americas on March 9, and to the surprise of no one, Nintendo's yet to announce an Australian release date.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com

put a depsoit on it already.....just waiting for the release date......

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Wow so many of us have Nintendo Wiis!

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Wow so many of us have Nintendo Wiis!
    became a member of the family the day Mario Kart came out! Can I hear you say wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    I'll drink to that!

Titan CEO

i got myself a wii last week aswell.

Not so much into mario etc, but my sis in law has been nagging me to get the mario kart game.