Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Scott Sattler 'calls it a day' at the Titans

Sattler 'calls it a day' at the Titans

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans inaugural football manager Scott Sattler has resigned from his position at the Titans.

Following a successful debut season at the helm of the club's football operations Sattler cited ‘the desire to pursue other business interests' as the reason for him deciding to cut short his employ with the club.

Sattler said, "After working alongside John Cartwright and Michael Searle and other operational staff over the past three years I feel it has given me a number of skills in administration and in business that I would like to put into practice in the commercial world. I am now looking forward to pursuing a number of business opportunities as a result."

Sattler will finish in his role today and will take the next few months to look at employment and business opportunities on the Gold Coast and in Brisbane.

Sattler said, "The right time is now because I wanted to cause as little disruption to the team's preparation for 2008 as possible. I obviously wish Carty (Head Coach John Cartwright) and the boys the best of luck for this season as I am sure they will do well".

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans Managing Director Michael Searle while disappointed said that he understood Sattler's decision.

Searle said, "Satts has been a big asset for us at the club. He joined us before we were given the green light for the licence and during that time he made a significant contribution to the grass roots rugby league and community areas of our business. He has also been an invaluable staff member throughout our formative period of pulling this team together and for that I will always be grateful. I wish him the best of luck with his future endeavours."

Accolades too from Head Coach John Cartwright who paid tribute to Sattler's dedication over the past 2 years.

Cartwright said, "Satts has been a great help to me in my first year of coaching. In fact it was the first time for both of us in our respective roles and I think we both learned a lot in 2007. He has been very efficient as football manager and his dedication has been unquestionable. I wish him much success for the future."

Sattler's position will be filled by current Titans National Youth Competition 20's Football Manager and Club Operations Manager Scott Clark. Clark was the Queensland Under 19's Football Manager in 2005 and 2006 as well as Junior Kangaroos Football Manager in 2006. Prior to joining the Jetstar Titans as Operations Manager, Clark spent eight years as CEO of the Burleigh Bears Football Club.

www.titans.com.au

Cya in the Pub Scotty
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

QLD Cup Titan

[QUOTE=Coaster;212572]Cya in the Pub Scotty[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't not be surprised about that!!!!

His old man has a Pub at Gowan Rd - I think!~ Anyway talking to a bloke I know who lives at Sunnybank Hills , he loves Friday Night footy in the public bar with Johnny (what a hard man!) Sattler as the publican.

All the best Scott!.

Scott is a Nudgee old boy - went to school there when his old man came up here and played footy in the Brisbane Rugby League after leaving the Rabbitohs, so I think Scott will stick around in SEQ.

Thanks Champ- and yeah what a pearler of a tackle in that Grand Final !
    Last edited by Old Diehard; 07-01-08 at 09:56 PM.

Congratulations Satts on being one of the men that has made the Titans a reality for the Gold Coasts footy fans. You will be sadly missed.

I want to thank Satts for allowing me access for the trial matches last year. It was Satt's generosity that allowed me to bring the forum those great photos from the Lismore and Cararra trial games.

Im sure Satts will take away lots of great memories and also a legion of new friends because he is one of the nice guys of Rugby League.

All the best Satts
    Dennis/Blade

[QUOTE=Old Diehard;212576]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Cya in the Pub Scotty[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't not be surprised about that!!!!

His old man has a Pub at Gowan Rd - I think!~ Anyway talking to a bloke I know who lives at Sunnybank Hills , he loves Friday Night footy in the public bar with Johnny (what a hard man!) Sattler as the publican.

All the best Scott!.

Scott is a Nudgee old boy - went to school there when his old man came up here and played footy in the Brisbane Rugby League after leaving the Rabbitohs, so I Scott will stick around in SEQ.

Thanks Champ- and yeah what a pearler of a tackle in that Grand Final !
    I played footy with Scott, and went to school with him.

John used to run a pub on the Coast, and used to kick us fare up the clacker, when he spotted us in there underage.

hehe
    Funny times
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Thanks Satts for making this club what it is today.... and for sticking by and helping out and for always being there at matches for a chat and a hi to the fans... it was a pleasure to meet you and I wish you all the best in the future endevours....

QLD Cup Titan

[QUOTE=Coaster;212584]
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Diehard View Post

I played footy with Scott, and went to school with him.

John used to run a pub on the Coast, and used to kick us fare up the clacker, when he spotted us in there underage.

hehe
    Funny times
    Yeah excellent story! His old man has had pubs on the Coast, Bribie and a few places in Brisbane so Scott probably has a few old friends around the place- hope to see again in Rugby League in South East Queensland.

As Dee said, one of the nice guys of rugby league. I was sad to see him leave Penrith, sad to see him leave playing rugby league, and now sad to see him leave the Titans.

I met him at Penrith, and he was one of the nicest, approachable guys. Hopefully we'll still see a bit more of him in league, whatever he ends up doing!

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

All the very best to Scott, a true gentlemen of the game and has done great things for the titans over the last 3 years.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

A big thanks to scott for everything u have done for the titans and the footy fans on the coast u hav been a hand in getting the coast where it is today so once again a big thanks...

And i allso just would like to thank you for all ur help in helping me with all the details for my tattoo last year and the talks we had over that time thankyou scott.

Doug.

Cheers scotty and thanks for making the titans a reality and a great league side

Good luck Scott and thanks for all your hard work and spirit that you injected into our fledgling club, we will continue to carry that with us.

Scott was always so fantastic to people and I'm sure fans could tell countless tales of his generousity.

I first met him at the Orara Sevens tournament in 2006, which the Titans fielded a team in. He was so welcoming and enthusiastic and was delighted to see my giant Titans flag wave from the grand stands deep in the enemy territory of NSW.

I also remember he caught up with me when our Teen Titans took on Wynnum Under 18s (I believe.) and he invited me into the sheds after the match, the inner sanctum to enjoy the post victory atmosphere. It was very special.

Scott was always a player I admired through his career and I was delighted that we had the opportunity to have him at the Titans. Now that the Titans are entering their second year he can take a lot of satisfaction with the fact that he made that happen.

Also it needs to be realised that while the mighty Titans have competed in the NRL for only one year, Scott has been working with the GC Bid Team for three! And after a long career as a footballer and then straight into the management side of things, it is understandable if he choose a new direction.

The sky is the limit for Scott and I wish him all the best for the future and he will always be part of our Titans history and family!

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    Im sure Satts will take away lots of great memories and also a legion of new friends because he is one of the nice guys of Rugby League.
    He sure is.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 08-01-08 at 02:16 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hi Titans Fans

I will be doing an interview about Scott Sattler from the fans prospective this afternoon on ABC Coast FM 91.7 at 5:15pm.

I'm posting here to ask fans to contribute anything they wish to say about Scott. And I will try and get that accros this afternoon.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

thanks for everything you were there for the titans inclusion and help set up what is going to be a great club, thanks once again scotty your a champion and will be long remembered at the titans cheers all the best

:edit:

nevermind
    Last edited by Coaster; 08-01-08 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Not for anyone else to know