Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
    Gold Coast Galaxy are believed to have impressed the FFA with a financial model, which will uses profits from a property development company to pay the football club, and are a long way down the track of finalising colours (yellow and blue) and a logo, and have all but secured the soon-to-be completed 25,000-seat stadium at Robina as their home ground.
    Yellow and Blue? Would this not clash with Central Coast Mariners?
    Anyway i am looking forward to there website and also there logo.
    RENAULT F1 TEAM 2005 & 2006 CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPIONS!!!!

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

thats great news, hope it works out

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Titans View Post
    I reckon they should call the roar the Brisbane Roar
    yea know eah
    it leaves the name open to other qld teams. like if the townsville team vs the roar then it'll be like all of qld vs townsville
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

Im sure this is great for soccer fans.

The Gold Coast Police are now going to have to invest their money into riot gear instead of donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    Im sure this is great for soccer fans.

The Gold Coast Police are now going to have to invest their money into riot gear instead of donuts.
    Even if they don't draw very good crowds (as I'm certain the Titans will) it's always good having a second tenant at your stadium. There's not much chance of Newcastle upgrading their stadium to 40,000+ if it wasn't for their soccer team acting as a second tenant. It'll be the same with us if we ever need to lobby the government for upgrades or expansion or whatever down the track.

If the gold coast do get i club i don't know who i should support them or the roar

I hate tough decisions

I know i'll be supporting the Galaxy! I can't wait to see more info on their foundation memberships.
    It's only weeks aways now until the official announcment.

The Northern Thunder have a section on the Townsville Bulletin website and have even launched their logo and colours.
    Have the Galaxy shown anything yet or will they wait until the official YES!
    Anyone have any more news?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Coast_Galaxy_FC

According to wikipedia...

The club will most likely play out of the new Skilled Park stadium. The club's colors will be yellow and blue, similar to the National Rugby League's Gold Coast Titans. A badge will be unveiled in the near future.
    Give me a break enough is enough, get your own colours. It is diluting our brand. At least be navy and gold.

Gold Coast plans to market the club deep into Northern New South Wales, down to Coffs Harbour.
    Where do they get all these fantastic ideas from?
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 06-02-08 at 11:01 PM.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Give me a break enough is enough, get your own colours. It is diluting our brand. At least be navy and gold.
    I kind of like the idea that there could be "Gold Coast" colours. Same as Aussie teams are generally green and gold. Then it would be about the jersey/strip design to differentiate between codes and teams.

Or at least have one of the colours as a standard GC colour, like how the GC Blaze have the Pacific blue with the blaze of orange. That looks good. Very similar, but distinctly different.

But there is a big difference from national and local representation in sport.

At the moment if you see someone wearing blue and gold, you think TITANS.

If everyone starts wearing the colours, it will take that away.

It's like up here in Brisbane with the Broncos, Lions and Reds, who use maroon, yellow and.... blue. There is no individuality.

At least when the Broncos used maroon, gold and white, you see those colours and used to think BRONCOS immediately.

Right now you can put blue and gold streamers on your car or balloons on your mail box and people will know who you support.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Titan One Clubman

You can't exactly patent a colour.. Also they can't use Navy Blue as Melbounre Victory are already using it.. and seeing as Northern Thunder are going for red and black stripes, it doesn't leave many choices..

Christ, have a whinge. Those colours are not the Titans own colours for starters.

Besides, the team would be obviously representing the Gold Coast, so it would make more sense for the same colours to be used. It would look ridiculous if they were to use a colour not already used on either the Blaze or the Titans jersey/apparel/logo etc. For example red or green.

Not everyone on the GC is a Titans/Rugby League supporter either ffs. There is plenty of Football supporters up there as it is. Hence the team being proposed in the first place. Just because someone flies Blue/Gold/White or whatever, it doesn't automatically represent a team on its own. You may recognise the Titans straight away but I garentee you others wouldn't.

It would be a pretty boring sporting world if every team from Melbourne, Canberra, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane and Gold Coast had exactly the same colours. *yawn*
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 07-02-08 at 06:29 PM.

It would be a pretty boring sporting world if every team from Melbourne, Canberra, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane and Gold Coast had exactly the same colours. *yawn*
    Thats not what I said.