Default The WOW Brisbane Broncos

Broncos WOWed By New Principal Sponsor

Friday, November 23, 2007 - 12:22 PM

The Brisbane Broncos have today announced electronics giant WOW Sight and Sound as their naming rights sponsor for the next three years.

The club will now be known as the WOW Brisbane Broncos after the Queensland company replaced long-time supporter Ergon Energy as the principal sponsor.

The timing of the announcement could not be more fitting, with the NRL team to begin gearing for the 2008 competition with the official start of pre-season training tomorrow morning.

Already an existing sponsor, the WOW logo will now adorn both the sleeves and front of the Broncos? playing jersey, as well as dominate the training apparel.

?It is wonderful to have WOW Sight and Sound come on board as our new naming rights sponsor,? said Broncos managing director Bruno Cullen today.

?We are particularly happy as they have decided to extend their previous support as sleeve sponsor to now become our principal sponsor.

?We are looking forward to a new chapter of the Brisbane Broncos, teaming with WOW in a mutually beneficial and lasting relationship.?

WOW Sight and Sound managing director Sam Savvas said he was proud to become the principal sponsor of the most successful NRL team of the past 20 years.

?The Broncos have always ?wowed? their fans with their amazing displays of athleticism on the field, so it is only fitting they should take the title of WOW Brisbane Broncos,? said Mr Savvas.

?Our shared energy, passion and excitement make this an ideal partnership between one of the best rugby league clubs in the world and Australia?s most exciting electronics retailer.

?We are thrilled to be the Broncos? naming rights sponsor and look forward to a successful three years together.?

Brisbane-based WOW has 12 electronics superstores across Queensland, NSW and the Northern Territory, with plans to nearly double their store number in the next 12 months.

Mr Savvas said the Broncos? strong brand would drive recognition of the WOW product.

?This is a great coup for WOW and we are proud to be associated with such a dynamic team,? he said.

?With our expansion plans rapidly taking shape, it is the perfect way for us to connect with potential customers while getting the satisfaction of supporting one of Australia?s sporting icons.?

The exciting new deal replaces an eight-season partnership with Ergon Energy, which had been the Broncos? principal sponsor since 2000.

However Ergon Energy has extended its association with the Broncos by staying on as a platinum sponsor.

?I would like to point out that it has been a magnificent effort by Ergon Energy to be principal sponsor for such a long period of time,? said Mr Cullen.

WOW! what a crappy sponsor! :duh:

Surely some sort of large national/multinational business would want to get behind what is one of the most popular sporting brands in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post

Surely some sort of large national/multinational business would want to get behind what is one of the most popular sporting brands in Australia.
    Obviously not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

I cant wait for the first heckler to put a big 'W' on each butt cheek and moon them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I cant wait for the first heckler to put a big 'W' on each butt cheek and moon them.
    Classic! Nice one.

wow have like 8 stores national wide theres one in the city and one at underwood which is in the brissy suburbs
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post

LOL at Queenslander saying it's a crappy sponsor...

Seriously though, WOW actually has an exclusive partnership with SONY Electronics and is a very good sponsor who sponsors the Team Australia Champ Cars and Cairns Taipans NBL Team, who will hopefully be able to use their new found sponsorship to expand to other areas in Australia...

I think it's a great deal and wish Brisbane all the best with it...

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

ooooohhh...mmhmm seems that no one is really happy with the sponser lol.

I think WOW is a great company and sponsor.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Nice one Coaster!!!

When I first saw the headline I thought they were saying that World Of Warcraft was sponsoring the Broncos... and no, I steer clear of that stuff. My little brother plays it.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie View Post
    Nice one Coaster!!!

When I first saw the headline I thought they were saying that World Of Warcraft was sponsoring the Broncos... and no, I steer clear of that stuff. My little brother plays it.

Seriously.
    Hey! If it's good enough for Mr T, it's good enough for the Broncos!

World of Warcraft...that'd be cool.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup Titan

Brisbane Easts link with Broncos
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 3:03 PM

Brisbane Easts have struck an affiliate deal with the Brisbane Broncos that will benefit both clubs in future years.

For Brisbane, it's another avenue to bring players back from injury and cover the representative drain.

In return it gives the Tigers a pathway for some of their players to crack the NRL.

Brisbane have similar deals with Brisbane-based Queensland Cup clubs Redcliffe and Wynnum Manly.

Their arrangement with Redcliffe has been particularly successful in recent years with the Dolphins providing halfback Shane Perry, hooker Mick Roberts and centre Nick Emmett for NRL duty.

Veteran Tonie Carroll and young back Darius Boyd will be listed as affiliate players with Easts for the next three seasons.

Impressive young Tigers players Trent Young and Luke Archer have been training with the Broncos senior squad and will continue to do so through until the NRL competition begins next March.

Along with any other Easts player catching the eye of Broncos coaching staff during the season - they'll be registered with both clubs, making them eligible for the NRL and Queensland Cup.

Brisbane have no reserve team with former feeder teams the Toowoomba Clydesdales and Aspley Broncos not entering teams into the Queensland Cup.

"We're very pleased Easts has chosen to join us in a partnership such as this, said Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen.

"It has been shown in the past through the exploits of players like Shane Perry, Nick Emmett and Mick Roberts, that Queensland Cup players can make the step up to the NRL if given the chance.

"This scheme has shown to be especially fortuitous for the Broncos when we are without our top players through the representative season.

"We're certain this new relationship with Easts will provide similar benefits to both the Broncos and the talented youngsters at their club."

Source: AAP

Young Lachlan Murdoch who happens to the Broncos No1 Ticket holder gave instructions apparently for the "Broncos to reclaim Brisbane" and by god aren't they! And another feeder club from the Qld Cup - the more the merrier for them!

Where will this stop- The Broncos again confirmed in the Courier Mail today that The Qld Cup will be their Prime Competition for player development and the Expanded Jesery Flegg/ New NRL Comp will be secondary in player development .

The Courier Mail also reports that Titans are also considering the same option of keeping the talent in the Q Cup and use Jersery Flegg NRL U20
    as the third tier!

Great stuff - I did never like the Broncs but God just as Lachlan wishes they are starting to get me on side ! AND The Titans Management is really using common sense and I love what that the club is doing!

It's great for the fans up here!
    Last edited by Old Diehard; 29-11-07 at 11:14 AM.