Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Mason could finally make that move to the NFL hes been dreaming about.

I've never liked Mason as a person, and certainly don't care if he leaves the NRL altogether. He brings the game and his club bad headlines more often than not and carries on like the child that he is.

Now he is having a hissy fit because he can't box, and wants to take other players with him. Grow up and have a good look at yourself and decide what sport you want to pursue professionally.

WHAT A SOOK! :dummyspit:

I have kept from talking for a few days... because I knew there was a lot to this situation and wanted to hear the full story not just from the DT or from Danny Weidler...

For those who are saying Mason is a sook and a bad person... in this case yes I'll agree with you to an extent, but on the career I won't.

Sure Mase has done some really stupid things in his 11 year career at the Bulldogs, but what I am sure many here don't know about is his regular trips to St Christophers Primary to talk and play footy with the kids, his donations to The Cancer Council of every man of the match he receives, the fact he is the first one to put his hand up to do teamstore appearances, or his committment to causes that even I don't know that much about.

In saying this though, on this front however, I think Willie has taken it too far... he's let his personality get the better of him and he's taken on something that I can assure you will only end with tears for him.

The rumours of $50,000 are in my opinion quite feasible considering the number of times he's been warned over 11 years, if he was continuously on good behaviour, then despite the good work, he'd have been set for a heavy fine for the next misdemanour...

That article with Sonya is quite good to explain this situation... Willie's downfall is that he tries to please everyone, and in this case he can't please them all... and so he's gotten upset... and he's trying to find a way to please everyone by walking out on the team who has supported him for 11 years through thick and thin, just over the fact he can't please others.

I guess this is why I support the club and Noady 100% on this one. As much I can understand why Willie is upset, I see where the club is coming from, I'd rather not have Mase out for 7 weeks start of season due to injuries caused in the boxing ring... and I also understand that in this case, you can't please them all, and it's the club's duty to ensure their players do the best for their fans, including myself and their club... and Willie wouldn't be in this case.

I hide behind nothing and don't deny there is a serious problem, and neither does the club, I signed up for membership yesterday and even the membership guy was telling me you don't want to know what is going on... and sadly I don't see a resolution to this unless Willie understands that even if he upsets a few, the ones he won't upset will be far more important over the long term.

If Willie does happen to leave to finish off, it would be sad, but TBH... as everyone knows, no one is bigger than their club, and The Bulldogs continue to bring through youngsters who become superstars. I believe the boys would step up and in a years time, whilst we'll all be sad to see Mase leave, it will be business as usual, for that is the Bulldogs, club first, pride of the blue and white always and a club where the normal becomes the star... and with or without mase, that will be no different.

Titans First Grader

bbc.co.uk

Hull FC have confirmed they are in talks with Australian Test forward Willie Mason's agent about a possible move to the KC Stadium.
    Mason, 27, is currently in dispute with his club, the Canterbury Bulldogs.

And Hull chief executive James Rules told the club's website: "Willie is a world-class player and I can reveal we have spoken to his agent.

"Bringing Willie out of Australia could be a long shot, but we're in the process of trying to sell Hull to him."

Hull are also being linked with New Zealand Warriors Todd Byrne.

Titan First Grade Regular

Just to add my two cents worth, i would love to see Big Willie in a Manly Jersey next year, if we can afford him.

But it amazed me that any player worth his weight in salt and is disgruntled with their club is alway linked to going to the Rorters imean Roosters, unless i am mistaken aren't the Rorters, i mean Roosters subject to the same salary cap as the rest of us. Or are the Rorters, i mean Roosters are subject to another salary cap that no one else knows about. Case in point the Rorters, i mean Roosters are continuiosly fined almost every year for salary cap breeches.

"I want William to stay at the Bulldogs for the rest of his career. Because that's where he belongs. But I am shocked by this. I spoke to him on Sunday and he said everything was sweet. He and Malcolm were getting on well, as far as I know."
    This makes me wonder just how much of it is pure fiction made up by the media. If both sides feel that the other has said something, that's where the animosity can start, with neither side wanting to approach the other about it.

Maybe going overseas is his best option. He can go join Gowie and get away from the pack of dogs that makes up the Australian media.

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

I wonder if he will walk away..

My friend got a call from one of the bulldogs today, she didnt know who he was and hes like oh im michael from the bulldogs. Dunno if its some joke or not..

and i'm kelvinator from the titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
    and i'm kelvinator from the titans.
    hehe and im hugebrianfan from the titans forum

Willie Mason showdown tonight
    By Dean Ritchie
    November 07, 2007

BULLDOGS chief executive Malcolm Noad will tonight attend an extraordinary board meeting where his club is expected to sack forward Willie Mason.

Noad will then remain at the Leagues Club to hold an induction night for the club's new under 20s players, to compete in next year's National Youth Competition.

No doubt referring to Mason, Noad said; "I will be telling the young players about discipline and respect.''

Mason wants to quit the club and the Bulldogs want to sack him, virtually ensuring he the towering forward won't be at Belmore in 2008. The Test forward though may battle to find another club for 2008 if he parts company with the Bulldogs due to salary cap resrictions.

There is a theory that a rival club may have to be involved in a swap with the Bulldogs to sign Mason. Asked how the ordeal had affected him, Noad said: "It's been wearing. It's been disappointing. I've been taken aback by it.''

Souths have confirmed they would not have money in their salary cap to sign Mason. "He'd make any team stronger but we've got to back the youth coming through behind Roy Asotasi,'' club co-owner Peter Holmes a Court said.
    TELEGRAPH

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Im watching the 5 o'clock news and they are saying that willie mason will remain a bulldog so far

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCliffy#01 View Post
    Just to add my two cents worth, i would love to see Big Willie in a Manly Jersey next year, if we can afford him.

But it amazed me that any player worth his weight in salt and is disgruntled with their club is alway linked to going to the Rorters imean Roosters, unless i am mistaken aren't the Rorters, i mean Roosters subject to the same salary cap as the rest of us. Or are the Rorters, i mean Roosters are subject to another salary cap that no one else knows about. Case in point the Rorters, i mean Roosters are continuiosly fined almost every year for salary cap breeches.
    I don't think anyone here would argue that the Chooks must have some very crafty accountants. But it doesn't cost a cent to be 'linked' with every big name player. They seemed to have slowed down a bit on actually buying all the players, with Anasta, Myles and O'Meley the only 'big name' recruitments in the last few years. Not that I'd put Nate Myles in that category, unless they're using his forehead as a billboard and buying advertising space he's a waste of money IMO.

What I don't understand though is how the Roosters seem like they'll get Mason if they decide they want him, and the Sharks have to work some things with their cap situation. If Cronulla are closer to their $4m than the Roosters then I'll be damned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    I don't think anyone here would argue that the Chooks must have some very crafty accountants. But it doesn't cost a cent to be 'linked' with every big name player. They seemed to have slowed down a bit on actually buying all the players, with Anasta, Myles and O'Meley the only 'big name' recruitments in the last few years. Not that I'd put Nate Myles in that category, unless they're using his forehead as a billboard and buying advertising space he's a waste of money IMO.

What I don't understand though is how the Roosters seem like they'll get Mason if they decide they want him, and the Sharks have to work some things with their cap situation. If Cronulla are closer to their $4m than the Roosters then I'll be damned.
    well I dont know why the roosters think they are going to get him because he seems like hes staying with the bulldogs.

well atm they are all at some type of meeting for willie, 10 news will soon show us whats going to happen

I wouldn't mind watching big Willy wear the blue and orange colours.