Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    I'm leaning toward a primary school lucky dip style procedure.
    LOL. If they're dealing with Mason, primary school level is where it's at!

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    That's a very interesting point you make CS. Does anyone know how the fines/penalties for breaching salary caps work? Is it based on how much they go over, how many players go over, years in a row etc.
    Ian Schubert (ex Eastern Suburbs) is looking into the salary cap audit for the NRL! What a club the Roosters are! Does any of their team come through the juniors for the area!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCliffy#01 View Post
    i mean no other club can continiously year in and year out be slapped with salary cap breeches as they do.

You have a source on that? Or do we want to talk about how a team can fork out that much for Matt Orford and Jamie Lyons?
    MAKE MINE A LATTE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassel View Post
    You have a source on that? Or do we want to talk about how a team can fork out that much for Matt Orford and Jamie Lyons?
    While we're at it can we investigate the thinking (or lack of) behind putting a 6 on Lyon's jersey? If the salary cap is the biggest joke in League, Lyon at 5/8 is surely the 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

While we're at it can we investigate the thinking (or lack of) behind putting a 6 on Lyon's jersey? If the salary cap is the biggest joke in League, Lyon at 5/8 is surely the 2nd.
    We can't talk...we had Hilder wearing the 6 last season.

if i had to choose between hilder and lyon at 5/8, lyon would win every time. hilder at 6 is a bigger joke than lyon, and harrison at 6 isn't too far behind.

Titan First Grade Regular

He's on 1.2M over 3 years. That could come in any number of ways. $200K for 2008, 300K for 2009 and the remaining 700K in 2010. It just depends how they choose to pay him in consideration to their roster and the cap that season.

I hope you were joking about removing the salary cap. We'd go back to the days when premierships were brought and not earned/won. And about the weakest will die, your exactly right. Go have a yarn to a Bears or Newtown supporter, try and think of yourself in their position, then come back and tell me if its still a good idea.
    I was kidding about the salary cap, but i would never talk to any Bears supporter or anyone tied up with that club, everything they touched went bad, they were lepers. I wasn't sorry to see then go, not after the disgusting hate campaign the Red & Black Army and the Save the Bears Group ran, they blamed everyone but themselves, they left the Sea Eagles with 11 million dollars in debt the Sea Eagels had to pay ex North Sydney players their outstanding monies that originally was owed by the North Sydney District Football Club. But what was worse was they thought they had a god given right to the Central Coast without working for it, i can atest to several times when Norths failed to show up for Junior coaching clinics, but several phone calls Manly time after time stepped in to take over the coaching clinics. No Norths deserved everything they got.

Oh and one last thing the Save the Bears Group and the Red & Black Army ran spiteful hate campaigns on several Bears related forum sites about the Gold Coast Titans acceptence in the NRL.

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

congratulations to willie, hope hes happy there.

Quote Originally Posted by hugebrianfan View Post
    congratulations to willie, hope hes happy there.
    Pretty sure he's up North partying with the Dell while his new teammates are back training their **** off. With that sort of deal I'm sure he's as happy as a pig in .. mud. Willie Mason is a poser and he'll fit in well with other overpaid posers in Bondi, promoting hair care products, exotic coffee blends and gay marriage. Brokeback Bullchooks can have him.

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

Pretty sure he's up North partying with the Dell while his new teammates are back training their **** off. With that sort of deal I'm sure he's as happy as a pig in .. mud. Willie Mason is a poser and he'll fit in well with other overpaid posers in Bondi, promoting hair care products, exotic coffee blends and gay marriage. Brokeback Bullchooks can have him.
    yep i read about his loely time in the newspapers..he should get to training!!

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

So what?
    He was given time off before he commenced with the roosters,what he does until he starts is his business.

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
    So what?
    He was given time off before he commenced with the roosters,what he does until he starts is his business.
    I don't recall saying anything that suggested otherwise.