Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Dragons and adidas join forces for the future

from dragons.com.au

In a boost to their first week of training for the 2006 season, the St George Illawarra Dragons today announced a five-year sponsorship deal with global sportswear giant adidas. The new deal sees the Dragons' as the first and sole rugby league Club to be associated with the famous international brand. Other apparel partners include Cricket Australia, New Zealand All Blacks, Real Madrid, Adelaide and Collingwood Football Clubs.

The new partnership will see the Dragons players' provided with a wide range of apparel including technologically advanced products to assist and enhance their playing and training performance. "adidas are an icon brand in sport and the fit with the Dragons, an icon brand in rugby league and sport in general is something we are very excited about," said Dragons Chief Executive Officer Peter Doust. "We are very proud to be associated with an international sportswear organisation such as adidas and the technical advantages, the quality of presentation and the opportunities associated in retailing will be of benefit to the Dragons business and our brand".

Marketing Director of adidas Tim Jackson is equally as excited about the partnership and is looking forward to the future with the Dragons. "St George Illawarra demonstrates all the qualities that adidas look for in a partner and we look forward to developing an innovative product range to enhance player performance," said Jackson.

Adi Dassler, adidas founder, had a passion for every sport and a passion to make equipment that helped every athlete perform better. This philosophy has continued to define and guide adidas in new partnerships to ensure the best performance product for the individual athlete.

The St George Illawarra Dragons product is no exception with technical developments made in response to the athletes testing of the product. A strong focus was on the regulating the athletes' core body temperature through the use of Clima fabrics: Clima Cool, Clima Lite and Clima Warm.

The training and playing product incorporates numerous technical elements including: ForMotion - an adidas clothing concept, utilising specific fabric combinations that are sculpted to accommodate full range of movement. The ForMotion product is cut three dimensionally so that it moves with the body rather than against it.

Rugby league fans will see the Dragons take to the field in 2006 in an adidas version of the historic Red V Home strip and an exciting new alternative strip that incorporates the traditions of the former Steelers jersey, selected after an extensive review process over the past year
    I will post a pic As soon as i have it

Titan CEO

Good stuff for the dragons. I really like adidas gear...looking forward to seeing pics.

Just aslong as they dont change their home jersey. i don't like how adidas have the t-shirt look to them either

I wonder if they will remember the collars?

Titan CEO

here is a pic from dragons army forum:

Their Terrible

I just threw up! they are poo :erm:

Titan CEO

i gotta say tho..the away one is horrible! quite possible worse then storms away jersey(LOL). All that red and barely any white is eeeww. I dont mind the home one tho.

Should have left the home one exactly the same.

yeah the home one is just "normal" but the away is just stupid........I thought the NRL was forcing all teams to have an all white jersey as their away strip?

But the dragons home is Majority of white

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy

true but atleast it has the V still.

But its the T shirt crap material

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    Still why are the broncos and the storm having to wear the all white......things. They destroy the teams look. Imagine if the Queensland state of origin team wore all white away jerseys......its just plain stupid.

Yer but it would make no sence to make the dragons away jersey white as it would be the same as the Home jersey