Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I dreamt I was on BB08 last night.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Wait, so they replace the most annoying female ever with the most annoying male ever?

I think the concept of the show still has merit, but year after year it is so poorly executed - beginning with the choice of housemates - that it's just not worth watching.

(The worst thing is the way it inturrups other shows. It always runs late, it replaces shows etc.)

Dont worry I am currently working on a video entry for my mate, who would make the show the best show in town.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    King Kyle and Jackie O for BB

IT'S time to go ... Gretel.

Gretel Killeen has been dumped from Big Brother as Ten seeks to revamp the struggling show by introducing new hosts, radio duo Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O.

"Working on Big Brother has been an extraordinary, challenging and rewarding experience," Killeen said.

"I'm really proud of what we've achieved but I now have the seven-year itch and am busting to get on with a million new things, including my first feature film, which we're shooting in the new year."

After seven years, the show is in dire need of a change.

The 2007 series was criticised for its boring and predictable housemates, resulting in poor ratings and speculation the show might be axed.

But producers Endemol Southern Star have confirmed the show will return in 2008 in a "tighter, re-energised format".

Jackie O wants 'shake-up'

It will again be filmed at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast.

"I would like to see them shake it up, especially with the contestants because I think everybody is sick of the same old contestants going in," Jackie O said.

"It actually gets really boring after a while.

"As a fan, I have always wanted a bigger variety of people in there and also to push the contestants more."

Her co-host has a similar view and speaks from experience.

Sandilands was a contestant on Celebrity Big Brother in 2002 and was a guest in the house for a weekend this year, although he had to leave early because he suffered from a migraine.

Sandilands wants 'grumpy old men'

"I want that conflict, that real sense of drama rather than that frat house drama that we've seen over the last few years," Sandilands, who is also a judge on Ten's Australian Idol, said.

"It is time that we mix it up a little bit.

"We will still have young, fun people in there but the whole house won't be full of 20-something losers.

"I would like the old grumpy man that hates loud noise and hates young people in there."

Both Sandilands and Jackie O praised Killeen on her hosting of the show, saying they were big fans of her TV style.

Ten will be hoping for a big boost in ratings with the revamped show.

http://www.news.com.au/
    I think Kyle and Jackie O would be awesome hosts! they'll add a bit of humour to it

Yea Kyle certainly isn't my favourite person...

But at least he might add something, Gretel just spoke nothings, all riddles, spin and other BS.

You could pretty much completely tune out when she was speaking.

UP LATE RETURN?

KYLE Sandilands and Jackie O won't be the only contentious additions to next year's Big Brother.

Sandilands, BB's new co-host, has revealed Channel 10 is likely to resurrect its late-night adult-only show.

He said 10 should never have kow-towed to wowsers and taken the controversial adult-only show off air.

The weekly show - which featured antics deemed too rude for prime time - did not screen this year as producers bowed to political pressure to axe it after the infamous "turkey slapping" incident.

Even Prime Minister John Howard joined the protesters, labelling the show "stupid" and calling for it to be dumped.

"I know John Howard did the classic old person thing and freaked out about it when he had never even seen it," Sandilands said.

"He would never watch that sort of show. You can tell just by looking at him.

"I believe it is coming back after Channel 10 got scared into taking it off this year."

BB took a dive in the ratings this year, but late last month Channel 10 said Sandilands and Jackie O would take over from Gretel Killeen as hosts in a major revamp.

Meanwhile, Ten yesterday hosed down rumours that Australian Idol was also set for a major shake-up - with the fate of judges Marcia Hines and Mark Holden in doubt - to cut costs and boost ratings.

http://www.news.com.au

Big Brother saboteurs rock the vote

Big Brother likes to call the shots, so he could be in for a nasty surprise after agreeing to throw part of the audition process for the 2008 series open to an online vote.

Following flagging ratings for this year's outing and criticisms the show had become tired and predictable, Big Brother's producers have promised to give viewers more control over who goes into the house next year.

Would-be housemates have been invited to submit a 90-second audition clip on the Big Brother website.

The submissions will be put to an online vote from next month with the top three guaranteed a spot in the house and the top 50 guaranteed to go through to the second round of auditions. The remaining housemates will be chosen by the producers, Endemol Southern Star (ESS).

"The view is that we'll probably attract that bigger and wider pool of people who might not be able to get somewhere to do an audition but they can certainly get online to do it," Ten's head of digital media, Damian Smith, said

But Big Brother fans are already plotting ways they could rig the voting system to ensure their favourite gets into the house.

Members of the Behind Big Brother fan community are in the process of deciding which of them will be the guinea pig.

"Someone here must be foolish enough to want to be a Big Brother Housemate?" wrote forum member Warren_Oates.

"This place has thousands of members. If we all voted for the same person we should be able to stack the voting system."

Mr Smith said people would need to register an account on the Big Brother website in order to vote and only one vote would count per registered user. However, it's not clear whether there will be anything stopping someone from registering multiple accounts.

"We're doing everything possible to ensure that the voting is legitimate," Mr Smith said.

He said the online vote would be final one but the show's producers would still have veto power because Ten and ESS owed the other housemates a "duty of care". They had to "make sure that [the selected] people are capable of doing the housemate thing".

Ten recently created its own channel on YouTube to promote certain shows but Mr Smith said the Big Brother '08 audition process would be done exclusively through bigbrother.com.

In another attempt at renewal, Big Brother institution Gretel Killeen was dumped as the show's host last week in favour of radio personalities Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O.

http://www.smh.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    King Kyle and Jackie O for BB

IT'S time to go ... Gretel.

Gretel Killeen has been dumped from Big Brother as Ten seeks to revamp the struggling show by introducing new hosts, radio duo Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O.

"Working on Big Brother has been an extraordinary, challenging and rewarding experience," Killeen said.

"I'm really proud of what we've achieved but I now have the seven-year itch and am busting to get on with a million new things, including my first feature film, which we're shooting in the new year."

After seven years, the show is in dire need of a change.

The 2007 series was criticised for its boring and predictable housemates, resulting in poor ratings and speculation the show might be axed.

But producers Endemol Southern Star have confirmed the show will return in 2008 in a "tighter, re-energised format".

Jackie O wants 'shake-up'

It will again be filmed at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast.

"I would like to see them shake it up, especially with the contestants because I think everybody is sick of the same old contestants going in," Jackie O said.

"It actually gets really boring after a while.

"As a fan, I have always wanted a bigger variety of people in there and also to push the contestants more."

Her co-host has a similar view and speaks from experience.

Sandilands was a contestant on Celebrity Big Brother in 2002 and was a guest in the house for a weekend this year, although he had to leave early because he suffered from a migraine.

Sandilands wants 'grumpy old men'

"I want that conflict, that real sense of drama rather than that frat house drama that we've seen over the last few years," Sandilands, who is also a judge on Ten's Australian Idol, said.

"It is time that we mix it up a little bit.

"We will still have young, fun people in there but the whole house won't be full of 20-something losers.

"I would like the old grumpy man that hates loud noise and hates young people in there."

Both Sandilands and Jackie O praised Killeen on her hosting of the show, saying they were big fans of her TV style.

Ten will be hoping for a big boost in ratings with the revamped show.

http://www.news.com.au/

I was kinda pretty happy when i found out they were becoming the new hosts they'll make it so much fun.

im pretty ticked off cause i reckon kyles a knob, they should off let bree or mike goldman to host it
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

Quote Originally Posted by travop View Post
    im pretty ticked off cause i reckon kyles a knob, they should off let bree or mike goldman to host it
    yeah everyone has different opions. yeah i agree Kyle can be a knob, hes one of my least favourite judges on australian idol. But i guess hes alright at radio

Titan One Clubman

A lot of people seem to Hate Kyle, but that would be one the reasons he would have been chosen. People love to hate.

For the record, I don't mind him. If you saw his interview on Andrew Denton it gives you a different perspective on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Social Loafer View Post
    A lot of people seem to Hate Kyle, but that would be one the reasons he would have been chosen. People love to hate.

For the record, I don't mind him. If you saw his interview on Andrew Denton it gives you a different perspective on him.
    It'll be interesting to see what he does to big brother.

I'd laugh if he makes the ratings go down

Kyle Sandilands as host? Just another reason NOT to watch it.

How does this knob keep getting gigs? I just don't get it.....

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Kyle Sandilands as host? Just another reason NOT to watch it.

How does this knob keep getting gigs? I just don't get it.....
    lol alot of folk on the forum dont like bb
    i think one of the main reasons most ppl hate bb is from media reports and how they make the smallest event into front news headlines while an earthquake erupts in a 3rd world country and if its lucky gets a small coulum in the newspaper right in the courner of the middle page
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

i dont think its a bb thing travop i think its a newscorp/news limited thing they write a lot of garbage

the reason why i dont watch it is because im so sick of the reality type tv shows that are on

the only reality shows i watch are news and sport.
    Last edited by HodgoBerro; 11-11-07 at 10:51 AM.