View Poll Results: Are you for or against Daylight Saving?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

34 65.38%
  • No.

14 26.92%
  • Undecided.

4 7.69%
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Daylight saving, yes or no?

Are you for or against daylight saving?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I give daylight saving the biggest fattest X. NO!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Related story...

PM urged to 'impose uniformity'

Prime Minister John Howard has been told he has the constitutional power to impose uniform daylight saving and has been urged to sort out the muddle.

Senate President Paul Calvert wrote to the Prime Minister yesterday urging him to impose summer-time uniformity.

The Tasmanian senator wants the issue raised with premiers at a Council of Australian Governments meeting.

He said he believed the Federal Government could use its constitutional powers over weights and measures to bring order to time zones, including uniform starting times for daylight saving.

This could end the fracturing of summer into five separate time zones across the continent.

Senator Calvert said the "maze of different times" was a "real shackle on the economy, as well as causing interruptions to work and family balance".

Mr Howard is sympathetic. On October 28 he said it was "a great pity" the states' starting times were staggered.

He supported moving the introduction of daylight saving back a month, to when it begins in Tasmania.

Tasmania marks the recognition of summer time on the first Sunday of October. It is followed at the end of the month by NSW, Victoria, South Australia and the ACT.

Queensland and the Northern Territory refuse to adjust their clocks.

Senator Calvert said he had asked Mr Howard to look at whether daylight saving should be extended in mainland states, and if they should start and finish together.

"The cost to our economy of the multitude of time zones and, more particularly, the inconsistent application of daylight saving, would be hard to quantify, but I would imagine it is significant," he said.

NSW has already said it would not change.

Premier Morris Iemma said last month that for every city dweller who liked saving daylight, there was a rural resident who disagreed.

About 125 years ago Australia was divided into Eastern Standard Time, Central Standard Time and Western Standard Time according to an international convention on time zones.

Source: http://www.NEWS.com.au

I like daylight savings cause it means that i can stay out longer at night, but i hate it cause the sun gets up at like 4am and its really annoying when you are trying to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by SaRaH...
    I like daylight savings cause it means that i can stay out longer at night, but i hate it cause the sun gets up at like 4am and its really annoying when you are trying to sleep.
    Yea the sun gets up early enough as it is. :michaelan

Im for it, the main problem is that we currently get all the "live" tv shows one hour late...............that is so annoying

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

I just love what people have said in the past to why they do not want Daylight Savings.

"If we have DLS, my curtains will fade from all the extra sunlight"
    "My husband has a morning glory when he wakes up, if we have DLS, he'll be sitting on the train to work with it"
    UUmmm......:dizzy: :whatd:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ That is just wrong :whatd:

I love Daylight savings!!!

Living where we have it is an absolute treat. We get home from work and still have hours of sunshine left to enjoy the warm weather. When my little 'uns wake up at 5 it is light so there is no problem there either.

Take last night for example. Got hame at 5 ish, the MRs got home at 6. We then went over to the beach and spent a couple of hours having dinner and playing and got home as the sun was going down at 8. Was fantastic. I say bring it in all year round..

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan CEO

i like it.

Yes, you should all be forced to be in the same time zone as I am...I hate it how when I phone people for work it is lunchtime because it is 1pm in QLD and 2pm in NSW... we need one unified system...

Oh and don't get me started about trying to call Perth.. that is why I am 100% behind everyone being on DST

Let you NSW people keep DLS. i hate it. Lucky QLD have the brains to stay away from it

Yeah I know.. we should have too.. LOL.. but hey if we have to have it.. you all should.. that way we can at least have things on the same page..

WHy do you need an extra hour of sun. just more time to waste when waiting to go out at night

MAte DLS is awesome - its still warm and the sun is just starting to set when you head to the pub!!

You backward old QLD'ers can keep your none DLS - We will enjoy our extra evenings!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....