Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chaser

Chaser crew charged over no-go zone stunt

AN embarrassing and potentially dangerous breach of APEC security culminated in the charging of eleven crew members and drivers of the TV comedy show The Chaser.

Ten men - including comedians Chas Licciardello and Julian Morrow - and one woman were last night charged under newly legislated APEC laws with entering a restricted area without justification.

The eight crew and three drivers were in a fake convoy purporting to be carrying the Canadian Prime Minister and ushered through two checkpoints in Sydney's APEC restricted security zone yesterday.

They eventually stopped just 10m from the InterContinental Hotel where US President George W. Bush is staying but only after Licciardello jumped from a black limousine dressed as al-Qaeda terrorist Osama bin Laden.

All 11 were arrested at the scene with police forced to drive the three cars and two motorbikes in the convoy away. All were last night granted bail to face Downing Centre Local Court on October 4.

Head of the APEC investigation squad, Detective Superintendent Ken McKay last night defended charging the Chaser team.

"While it appears it was a prank, the current APEC security environment isn't the place to do it in," Det Supt McKay said.

"Who they are is irrelevant, they were charged like anyone else who breaks the law."

The stunt exposed an embarrassing and potentially dangerous flaw in the $250 million security measures put in place to protect 21 world leaders, many of whom will converge on Sydney today for the start of the APEC summit.

Officers involved in the APEC security operation revealed last night that police manning CBD roadblocks are frequently not told whether motorcades coming toward them are legitimate.

"We're amazed at the lack of communication that allowed this to happen but how are they to know whether a motorcade is legitimate when they're not supposed to stop them and nothing is broadcast over the (police) radio," an officer said.

A NSW Police spokesman last night denied a lack of communications led to the security blunder and said adequate communication systems were in place.

A source inside The Chaser's War on Everything revealed the team never expected to get so far. The skit had been approved by ABC lawyers but was written in the assumption they would be stopped at the first checkpoint.

Instead they were waved through the first on Macquarie St, then a second, which had sniffer dogs, and eventually stopped themselves at Bridge St.

"As they did Chas got out of a car dressed as Osama bin Laden and said something like 'I'm an important world leader why don't I have a seat at the APEC table?'. Apparently that was the first time the police realised it was not authentic and they swooped in and arrested everybody," the source said
    AAP

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Bush is a frequent target of "The Chaser," as are Australian politicians. Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said the stunt proved security was working.
    CNN.COM
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

:duh: If someone passing through security with security tags like those below is right than I suppose anything goes for APEC!

Hahahaha classic.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

"As they did Chas got out of a car dressed as Osama Bin Laden and said something like 'I'm an important world leader why don't I have a seat at the APEC table?'

http://www.news.com.au

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Hardly comparable.
    I wasn't refering to puttin sh!t on Johns, but using the NRL logo in a clip with drug use.
    OK. I can settle this.

I looked over the episode again and I can confirm that the channel 9 or NRL logo was not used in any part of the film clip except the logo they made.

Any show can use any logo as long as they make it themselves.

The Chaser are safe from any court hearing on this matter

Quote Originally Posted by nflin3 View Post
    OK. I can settle this.

I looked over the episode again and I can confirm that the channel 9 or NRL logo was not used in any part of the film clip except the logo they made.

I'll get back to you when I watch it again, I thought I saw the NRL logo......

LMAO at them... they tried it again the boys did, this time with a Cardboard cutout car... didn't get them as far this time... but glad to see their sense of comedy hasn't been hit by this...

From:http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...=entertainment

Police question Chasers over second APEC stunt
    Posted 58 minutes ago
    Updated 8 minutes ago

Three staff and a film crew from ABC TV's program The Chaser's War on Everything have been questioned by police after being involved in second stunt in central Sydney this afternoon.

It involved three Chaser team members moving towards a police line with a black cardboard car bearing Canadian flags.

All of the staff have now been released.

Chaser member Chris Taylor says all involved knew no laws had been broken.

"We didn't do anything wrong at all, we were very careful to stay within the letter of the law, I think the police realised that so it was fine," he said.

On Thursday, the Chaser team breached APEC security by driving a fake motorcade into a restricted zone.

Eleven people were arrested and were charged with entering a secure area, with police saying they were considering more charges.
    ROFLMAO as well at The Chaser's Andrew Hansen and his answer to reporters today...

Reporter: Andrew do you have anything to say about what happened to your colleagues yesterday?

Andrew: I'm sorry, but I only am responding to questions about Clive the Slightly too Loud commuter.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... that is gold....

Junior Titan

I'll get back to you when I watch it again, I thought I saw the NRL logo......
    Download the podcast from their website.

As I said the only one shown was the one they made that looks very similar to the NRL logo but has an "E" in the centre of the ball.

Hahaha them guys are legends.

Quote Originally Posted by nflin3 View Post
    OK. I can settle this.

National Rugby League changes to National Drugby League, using a copyright\All Rights Reserved logo.......
    Are you sure thats not defamation or a similar Copyright\All Rights Reserved breach? :eyebrow:
    Wanna change your mind before I link the actual policies?

Junior Titan

National Rugby League changes to National Drugby League, using a copyright\All Rights Reserved logo.......
    Are you sure thats not defamation or a similar Copyright\All Rights Reserved breach? :eyebrow:
    Wanna change your mind before I link the actual policies?

I thought it was ok....... my arguement is they don't use the ACTUAL logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Best
    Stunt
    Ever!

Seriously, that is the biggest thing they have ever done, and the funniest thing they have ever done, simply because of the height of the accomplishment of getting into the APEC zone.

To those saying that the Chaser boys are the ones making us look like a laughing stock... it isn't their fault that all of these unneccesary security measures have proved useless. Just imagine if that was a group of terrorists with a bomb in the car and they blew George W. Bush to hell... Old Johnny Boy would be up sh!t creek then...
    OK, what if security had of just shot them all dead in the car fearing it was a terrorist attack? Would it still be quite so funny? Still the best stunt ever?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    OK, what if security had of just shot them all dead in the car fearing it was a terrorist attack? Would it still be quite so funny? Still the best stunt ever?
    that could of happened but it didnt and a report in the courier mail today (saturday 8th september) says that many photos taken shows police and secret service personal laughing and jokin with the chasers and a fatal shootin had a unelvated chance due to the celebrity nature of the boys
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post

I would still laugh.