Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I dont see how these idiots making a laughing stock out of our country on an international level is funny.
    I thought I was only one.. Don't get me wrong, I love a piss take, as many of my deleted posts on here over my time would show, but this, as you said, makes a laughing stock of Australia's ability to host something other than a match of beach cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The Chasers are back and did not disappoint.

They done an Andrew Johns Video Clip "Where My E?" (pisstake of Thats My Team)
    It had NRL logos and all! - Keep an eye out for the next law suit
    Actually NO.

They are allowed to use the actual song on but with different lyrics as long as it is used for satire.

It doesn't matter if the logos are seen as legislation states that a clip that includes a logo is allowed to be seen for a certain period of time.

ABC legal are *****es and wouldn't allow something if it was illegal to do so

Junior Titan

LOL!

Who just saw that pathetic hit peice on Today Tonight?

Really if they don't have anything else better to do for a story that is just sad.

I don't think they will ever get over The Chaser screwing them over earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by nflin3 View Post
    Actually NO.

They are allowed to use the actual song on but with different lyrics as long as it is used for satire.

It doesn't matter if the logos are seen as legislation states that a clip that includes a logo is allowed to be seen for a certain period of time.

ABC legal are *****es and wouldn't allow something if it was illegal to do so
    I was thinking something along the lines of 'Defamation'
    Didn't they threaten similar action after the 'Bulldogs Supporter Gear' stunt?

Im glad that kind of thing happened at Dragons game

Junior Titan

So what about every other John's joke broadcasted on TV lately?

So what about every other John's joke broadcasted on TV lately?
    Hardly comparable.
    I wasn't refering to puttin sh!t on Johns, but using the NRL logo in a clip with drug use.

Junior Titan

Hardly comparable.
    I wasn't refering to puttin sh!t on Johns, but using the NRL logo in a clip with drug use.
    If they could do anything I would be suprised.

If they persued anything I would be amazed.

If they persued anything I would be amazed.
    Yeah well they've already set that example haven't they

Junior Titan

Yeah well they've already set that example haven't they
    LOL true that mate.

LOL!

Who just saw that pathetic hit peice on Today Tonight?

Really if they don't have anything else better to do for a story that is just sad.

I don't think they will ever get over The Chaser screwing them over earlier this year.
    LOL I know... they are so bitter...:hissyfit"

I changed to ACA on Channel 9, at least they got the humour in it all and they were even saying they laughed when they saw the calvacade going down the street, at first they thought it was real, and then one of the guards got his leg struck by the wheel of the car, and they realised it wasn't...:duh:

They got charged... lets hope the judge is a fan of the show...

From: http://www.smh.com.au/news/apec/chas...783378804.html
    Chaser team charged
    David Braithwaite
    September 6, 2007 - 8:00PM

Eleven members of ABC's The Chaser have been charged and granted bail following their arrest in Sydney today.

Julian Morrow and Chas Licciardello, two of the stars of the satirical show, were among those detained by police today, after staging a fake motorcade through Sydney as part of an APEC week stunt.

They were charged under new APEC laws with entering a restricted area without justification.

The crew members were in a convoy of three cars and two motorbikes, which was reportedly ushered through two checkpoints in Sydney's APEC security zone.

The convoy was pulled over in Macquarie Street in a block adjacent to the InterContinental Hotel where US President George Bush is staying.

All 11 have been bailed to appear in the Downing Centre Local Court on October 4.

NSW Police Minister David Campbell denied he was embarrassed by the comedians' ability to penetrate APEC's restricted zone - rather, he was pleased the "multi-layered'' security had worked.

He said the prank was inappropriate and he "did not see the funny side at all''.

The Chaser's production team had been specifically warned by police to behave responsibly during the APEC security lockdown, he said.

"[The police] said: 'We understand that parody and satire are entertaining and fun, many people watch the program and enjoy it, but please understand the seriousness of this matter and please take caution as you go about making your program.'

"That seems to have been thrown out the window and that, I think, is inappropriate."

Their motorcade, branded with the Canadian flag, is understood to have passed through at least one police checkpoint in the declared zone.

The vehicle was pulled over near the corner of Bridge and Macquarie streets.

A police statement said the show's producers were earlier this week urged to consider the ramification of stunts during APEC.

No charges were brought when the team dressed up as a police horse yesterday.

Foreign Affairs Minister Alexander Downer said that the fact the Chaser team was arrested showed the security system worked.

But he told an APEC news conference: "Whatever you think of the humour of the Chaser ... they were clearly not going to harm anybody in a physical way.

"They presumably were, as is the nature of their show, aiming to humiliate a lot of well-known people."

Chaser team member Chris Taylor told smh.com.au that the motorcade comprised "three cars, a couple of motorbikes, and a lot of crew".

"It was a motorcade trying to get into the exclusion zone," he said.

"No particular reason we chose Canada," said Taylor. "We just thought they'd be a country who the cops wouldn't scrutinise too closely, and who feasibly would only have three cars in their motorcade - as opposed to the 20 or so gas guzzlers that Bush has brought with him."

The vehicles in the motorcade were hired - two were black SUVs imported from the US, and the other was a regular car.

Police superintendent Ken McKay confirmed the arrests had been made using new powers available under the APEC Act.

- with Arjun Ramachandran and Andrew Meares and AAP

Best
    Stunt
    Ever!

Seriously, that is the biggest thing they have ever done, and the funniest thing they have ever done, simply because of the height of the accomplishment of getting into the APEC zone.

To those saying that the Chaser boys are the ones making us look like a laughing stock... it isn't their fault that all of these unneccesary security measures have proved useless. Just imagine if that was a group of terrorists with a bomb in the car and they blew George W. Bush to hell... Old Johnny Boy would be up sh!t creek then...

In the immortal words of Richie:

Brilliant. Just Brilliant.

Makes up for their poor return show last night.

Jason
    Last edited by Steel Dragon; 07-09-07 at 02:38 PM.
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Best
    Stunt
    Ever!
    Sums it up. Best stunt ever!

Not much could top that.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER