Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chaser

those guys r da best i have the first season on dvd n i cant help watchin it ova n ova agian
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

Just a quick reminder, The Chaser returns tonight - starts in 5min

Who's watching?

The Chasers are back and did not disappoint.

They done an Andrew Johns Video Clip "Where My E?" (pisstake of Thats My Team)
    It had NRL logos and all! - Keep an eye out for the next law suit

Junior Titan

Love the beastiality thing too from the secret... classic episode as usual

i still think the sunrise one was classic

they also did a retake of U2s I Still Havent Found What Im Looking For chas is no larry mullen jnr if he thinks hes just as good looking hes way off the mark

did anyone see the one on the secret book? i was in hysterics when they 'visualised' the shirt in a dry cleaners n walked off with it! the parking job one was classic!

remember when they interviewed the now ex mufti of australia? he was saying to them "you are all terrorists"

I thought tonight's effort was below-par. They normally have me in stitches. But I still appreciate seing the boot laid into the twin cesspools that pose as current affairs programs.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Default The Chaser

Well who didn't see this coming TBH... and I am sure the footage is a hoot... lets hope though as they really weren't endangering anyone or doing anything racist or offensive, they can get off police charges...:duh:

From:http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...06/2025817.htm

Chaser duo detained over APEC stunt

Thursday 6 September 2007 (updated 20 mins ago)

Two stars of The Chaser's War on Everything have been detained after conducting a fake motorcade through Sydney.

Chaser co-star Chris Taylor has told ABC News Online that police have detained Chas Licciardello and the show's executive producer Julian Morrow.

Taylor says the motorcade was made up of three cars.

"A lot of people were involved [in this stunt]," he said.

"Some have been detained and some haven't."

Taylor says the crew members have been detained in their cars, while police wait for special units to arrive.

Lawyers for the ABC are also on their way to the scene.

Sydney is this week hosting APEC. Some roads and rail stations are closed and a huge steel and concrete wall has been erected around the city to help police manage crowds and block vehicle access when necessary.

LMAO apparently they chose Canada for their motorcade as they expected it would be easier to pass the security checks... these boys are classic...

From:http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...783378804.html

Chaser duo held over motorcade stunt
    Arjun Ramachandran
    September 6, 2007 - 12:25PM

Two of The Chaser team have been detained after conducting a fake motorcade through the city this morning.

Police have detained Chas Licciardello and Chaser executive producer Julian Morrow at the InterContinental hotel.

Lawyers for the ABC are in discussions with police.

Chaser team member Chris Taylor said the motorcade comprised "three cars, a couple of motorbikes, and a lot of crew".

"It was a motorcade trying to get into the exclusion zone," he said.

Chaser crew members were initially detained in their cars while "police on the ground'' waited for special units to arrive, he said.

US President George Bush's motorcade swept through the city to Darling Harbour this morning.

The NSW Minister for Transport, John Watkins, warned Sydneysiders that most of the disruptions due to motorcades were yet to come.

"Between 3pm and 7.30pm today, there will be 92 motorcade movements around the city," he said.

Between 4pm and 7.30pm there would be motorcades from the airport for delegations from Canada, Vietnam and the director-general of APEC.

The Chaser convoy had been dressed up to look like an official Canadian motorcade, with Canadian flags attached to the cars and "Canada'' signs visible in the front windscreen.

"No particular reason we chose Canada," said Taylor. "We just thought they'd be a country who the cops wouldn't scrutinise too closely, and who feasibly would only have three cars in their motorcade - as opposed to the 20 or so gas guzzlers that Bush has brought with him."

The motorcade got into the red zone, past two sets of gates.

It was pulled over on the corner of Bridge and Macquarie streets.

Taylor said the Chaser duo had been taken to Surry Hills police station.

Police superintendent Ken McKay confirmed the pair had been arrested for breaching the restricted zone.

The arrests had been made using new powers available under the APEC Act, he said.

Police Media are preparing a statement on the incident.

- with David Braithwaite and Andrew Meares

CHASERS HAVE HIT APEC!

Chaser boys held over APEC stunt

ELEVEN members of the ABC'S The Chaser team have been detained by police while performing a prank at Sydney's InterContinental Hotel, ABC management said today.

Among those arrested were on-screen stars Julian Morrow and Chas Licciardello.

"At this stage we can confirm that Julian Morrow and Chas Licciardello have been detained," said Peter Ritchie, a spokesman for the broadcaster.

The arrests were made after the group drove a fake motorcade down Macquarie St in the APEC restricted zone.

Licciardello was reportedly dressed as Osama bin Laden, and was arrested after he emerged from one of the vehicles to the embarrassment of security forces.

Somehow, the team managed to avoid the massive security contingent to get as far as they did.

They had crossed Bent St and stopped at Bridge St when they were arrested.

Click here to see a map of the APEC restricted area ?

Despite the arrests, The Chaser managed to get their footage back the studio.

A team of ABC staffers have been arguing with detectives as to the legality oft hem being in the area.

"Our ABC lawyers and management are currently in discussion with the police and that's really all I can say at this stage," said Mr Ritchie.

Mr Ritchie believed Mr Licciardello would be feeling relaxed about today's situation, given his prior experience with the police.

He was charged last year with offensive conduct over a prank outside a Bulldogs rugby league match, although the charge was later thrown out of court.

"Yeah, it's not the first time," Mr Ritchie said.

With The Daily Telegraph and AAP
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Chas in his Osama beard, they got 10m from Bush's hotel!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Chas in his Osama beard, they got 10m from Bush's hotel!

IS THAT UNREAL OR WHAT?!?!
    ALL THOSE $$$$$$$$$$ spent on security :duh:

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Titan CEO

These blokes are too damn funny.

Im waiting for the international news of the event.

I wonder if they will make them out to be protestors. They don't realise they are taking the piss, the greatest Aussie tradition.

It's War On Everything!

Here is some...

Reuters

Comedy TV show team penetrates tight APEC security

SYDNEY (Reuters) - A television comedy show penetrated tight security around the Asia-Pacific summit in Sydney on Thursday, driving a fake motorcade unchallenged through two security check points.

Members of Australia's Chaser television comedy programme, drove three cars, accompanied by motorcycles, near the city centre, where thousands of police and high fences have been installed to protect world leaders.

Australia's ABC, which broadcasts the Chaser programme, said the fake motorcade made it to within metres of the hotel where U.S. President George W. Bush is staying during the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) group forum.

Two cast members were detained by police. Another of the show's cast, Chris Taylor, told the ABC the motorcade had been made to look like it was carrying Canadian delegates.

Chaser thrives on pulling off madcap stunts, and earlier in the week tried to breach APEC security by delivering silly outfits for the leaders to wear. They once successfully delivered a Trojan horse, with fake warriors inside, to an Australian army barracks.

The APEC forum brings together 21 leaders from around the Asia-Pacific. The event is the largest security event staged in Australia, with much of the biggest city of Sydney locked down for the meeting.

Junior Titan

As soon as I saw them on the news I couldnt stop laughing

I dont see how these idiots making a laughing stock out of our country on an international level is funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.