Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee View Post
    Yea I wasn't expecting it to be on a Wednesday night either!

How good was the Naomi Robsin segment!!!!! CLASSIC CHASERS!!!!!
    I forgot the Chaser thread was here...And i put it in the Stupidity Thread earlier tonight ..Funny stuff though.

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Man it felt good to watch that again, btw did anyone else think slyverster was high in the video excert i mean his eyes didn't stop moving.

LIAR(watch the show, you'll get what i mean)

The wendys part was a classic and the sign skit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    Man it felt good to watch that again, btw did anyone else think slyverster was high in the video excert i mean his eyes didn't stop moving.

LIAR(watch the show, you'll get what i mean)

The wendys part was a classic and the sign skit.

Sly was the funniest bit *Eyes dash from left to right like watching a really really really fast game of tennis* "Ah I love Australia"

Ah it was great to have the boys back tonight....and that show was top notch stuff there...

I loved the Wendy's ad test, LMAO at the boys...

I really enjoyed their tribute to Naomi Robson.. that was quite amusing... however I think I have to say the favourite would be the Free Hugs video... although rather crude, it was just funny watching Chris getting people to do that sort of stuff.

Credit also though has to go to the newest segment, I had to laugh at the Marcus Enfield gag... although it did lose it's legs towards the end.

What about the Qantas video as well, that was typical Chaser humour and hit the note so very very well..

LMAO at the Lateline Joke, it's so true that the show is hosted by ALP candidates.

And the Today Tonight versus ACA with the barbie dolls. I just liked how they banged the dolls with hammers.

Bugger! DIdn't know it was on, although I do recall flicking over in the middle of the Barbie doll skit - but didn't realise what it was, so I flicked back. Bugger bugger bugger!

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

their new time slot has gained three new viewers, the abc ethics board.

Default Chaser gatecrashes Hanson book launch

Chaser gatecrashes Hanson book launch
    By Doug Conway
    March 29, 2007 12:00

PAULINE Hanson says she knew David Oldfield was lying all along when he disputed her claims the two had a sexual liaison.

Mr Oldfield, the one-time staffer who went on to represent Ms Hanson's anti-immigration One Nation party in the NSW upper house, failed a lie detector test he agreed to take on television this week.

"I knew he was lying, right from the beginning," Ms Hanson said today at the launch of Pauline Hanson, Untamed and Unashamed, the autobiography in which she details a night of passion with Mr Oldfield at a Canberra motel in 1996, the year she was elected to Parliament.

"There's no reason for me to lie," Ms Hanson said.

"I think the biggest problem here is that he has apparently lied to his wife.

"He should have been up-front and honest; there wouldn't be any problem.

"So that's his problem, not mine. My life has moved on."

Ms Hanson said her affair with Mr Oldfield was one regret she had in a hectic life which included marriage at 16, her first child at 17, two marriage breakdowns, life as a small business owner, 11 weeks in prison for an electoral fraud conviction later overturned, and starting up the One Nation party which for a while turned Australian politics on its head.

"I regret my association with him in the bedroom," she said today.

But she insisted: "I don't regret revealing it."

Ms Hanson appeared nonplussed when comics from TV's The Chaser turned up at her book launch with a stained dress they said was proof of her affair.

She said she had had enough of the Oldfield episode.

"I don't intend to bring him up anymore," she said at the Sydney book store hosting the launch.

"I am so over it, and I think everyone else is. I've had enough of it."

Asked about Mr Oldfield's claims of misappropriation of One Nation funds, she said flatly: "They're not true. I've had these allegations raised previously in court. Those charges were dropped against me."

She said the next federal election, which she hopes heralds her return to Parliament as an independent senator, would be a big test for both major parties.

"I personally don't have a lot of time for either one of them," she said.

"I think it's the same old rhetoric that we're hearing."

She said her world "fell apart" when she was found guilty in 2003.

"When I went to prison that first day they put me under suicide watch because I was so distraught," she said.

"I wouldn't eat, I just didn't want to survive.

"But the public wouldn't give up on me. That gave me the hope.

"I hope I can relate to the average person out there because they're my mates.

"That's what I wish to take to parliament, to be the voice for the people of Australia."
    Daily Telegraph

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Chaser ratings success
    March 29, 2007 12:45pm

ABC TV's decision to ditch The Glasshouse and replace it with The Chaser's War on Everything on Wednesday nights has been vindicated in the ratings.
    The Chaser team returned in fearless form for its second season to an audience of almost 1.2 million, a figure which went close to doubling last season's average of 618,000 viewers in the Wednesday night timeslot.

Whether it was the Chaser's promotional efforts, which included a billboard in Iraq, or simply the move to a prime time spot, that contributed to the impressive ratings, the team was pleasantly surprised.

In the first show of the year Andrew Hansen paid a backhanded musical tribute to former Today Tonight host Naomi Robson, while Julian Morrow attempted to borrow speeding judge Marcus Einfeld's car.

Chris Taylor said today the ratings result was "bittersweet".

"On the upside, over a million people watched the show. On the downside, Naomi Robson wasn't one of them," he said.

The Chaser's challenge now will be keeping the audience after what the ABC said was its highest rating program this year in the category of viewers aged 16 to 39.

"One million viewers tuned in, but I'm guessing 900,000 of them made a decision never to do so again," said Taylor.

In a slow night for television overall, it was Seven News which finished on top with 1.45 million viewers ahead of Network Ten's House and Today Tonight.

The Chaser finished ninth for the night, narrowly behind big budget American drama Heroes.

The FINA World Swimming Championships crept into the top 10 with 1.17 million viewers.

Article from: AAP

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Oh Dear God!!! How can TV be so Funny?!?!?!?!? Tonights episode was just god damn Brilliant!!!!!

Favourite segment goes to West 'Coke' Eagles!!!!!!!!! I was on the verge of pissing my pants!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely Gold!!!!!!!

They got the balls to do just about anything!!!! How funny was the Blind Taxi Driving segment!!!!!!!

GO THE MAROONS!

Titan One Clubman

Reinforces my opinion that it is the best show on Television, ans I mean all shows, including Prison Break, Lost etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Research Station Drive View Post
    Is anyone here a fan of the Chaser crew? The guys behind the old show CNNNN and Today Today on JJJ?

I went to the launch of their 2005 Annual at a bookshop tonight. It was pretty funny.

Julian and Chas were there, they gave a brief speech about the sedition laws and a few other topical items. They were at their funniest answering questions though - very quick and witty.

I bought a copy of the annual, it's gold as per usual.

I'd strongly recommend it as an Xmas present for anyone you know who enjoys a bit of Current Affairs and Satire.

They've got a new show coming out next year as well, I can't wait!
    I cant stand him tbh...

High time someone laid the boot into the Eagles. And I say that as a jersey-wearing fan!

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Titans First Grader

West 'Coke' Eagles and the Sex Offender t shirt were the best parts. Also the bash at Fox News was welcomed. Chasers is a brilliant show only outdone by The Amazing Race.

Loved the T-shirt gag, and the West Coke Eagles very funny...

I have to say though that the bash at Fox News and the MP gag were the funniest ones on the night, that was just classic where they chopped up footage of Chuck Norris on Fox News and played it..

Have to say the boys are back better than last season and clearly they work, they have taken a fair chunk out of a section with shows such as Heroes and House on at the same time, and that is a real feat to do that..