Titan CEO

Default Souths sign with juniors

I have just heard that Souths have secured themselves financially by signing with the souths juniors.

More details to come.

*edit*
    South Sydney DRLFC and South Sydney Juniors Partners in Rabbitohs' Future-Souths.com.au

The South Sydney District Rugby League Football Club and the South Sydney Juniors have entered into a partnership which will secure the financial future of the Rabbitohs.

South Sydney Juniors have agreed a two-year, seven-figure deal to help fund the Football Club?s operations, allowing the South Sydney DRLFC to operate financially on a level playing field with all other NRL Clubs.

South Sydney Football Club CEO Shane Richardson says this partnership is vital for the Rabbitohs to continue on a successful rise in the NRL.

?This partnership with the Juniors is what was required to have us competing with the top Clubs in the League, both on and off the field,? Mr Richardson said today.

?We don?t have the financial support of a wealthy Leagues Club as most NRL Clubs do, so knowing that the South Sydney Juniors organisation will be behind us gives us the tools to be able to compete with other Clubs on all levels.

?This partnership, and the deal we have struck with our new home ground Telstra Stadium, will secure us financially for the long term.

?Over the past decade the Juniors have invested $14 million in the junior league and $8 million in our Football Club so their commitment to Rugby League at both the junior and senior level is unquestioned, and this new partnership will further strengthen those bonds.

?We are building a solid trust with the Juniors both on and off the field. Eight of our top 25, and 60% of our top 40 contracted players are Souths juniors and we have increased our expenditure over the past two years from $300,000 to $1.2 million per year.

?This is an historic day for the Rabbitohs as we move forward towards greater successes.?

South Sydney District Rugby League Football Club Chairman Nicholas Pappas says this partnership is the result that all South Sydney supporters have hoped for.

?South Sydney supporters know that the key to a successful Rugby League Club in this region was to be working hand-in-hand with South Sydney Juniors and with this partnership in place that will now happen,? Mr Pappas said.

?We are grateful that Keith (South Sydney Juniors President Keith McCraw) and his board will be joining us in our quest to return to the top of the tree in the NRL.

?This is exciting times for the Rabbitohs and we look forward to working with the Juniors on all levels to achieve the success the district deserves.?

South Sydney Juniors President Keith McCraw says that a strong senior Club is vital for South Sydney Juniors to continue the quality work they do with children in the South Sydney district.

?We have entered into a two-year, seven-figure deal with the Rabbitohs which will ensure they have the financial backing to be able to operate at the highest level,? Mr McCraw says.

?We would like to have committed ourselves for a longer term but with the poker machine tax still hanging over heads we are unable to ensure a commitment beyond the two year period at this stage.

?We are standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the Rabbitohs and it is our desire for the Club to stay in South Sydney and return to its heartland.

?We need a senior Club that these kids can look up to and say ?I want to play for the Rabbitohs?, and this partnership between the Juniors and the senior Football Club will allow that to happen. The Rabbitohs are a significant cultural part of our entire community and it is our role to propagate that.

?We are very proud to be standing alongside the Rabbitohs and we see that, with our assistance, the Club can go from strength to strength, which is very important for the Junior League and the entire South Sydney district.?
    Last edited by super cronk; 18-11-05 at 11:18 AM.

Awesome news for the 'pride of the league'

This is the right move and welcomed news I am sure for the Souths faithful.

DeeGan

Woah I find this hard to believe, because it's massive news and I thought it'd take an age of negoiation.

Good old Souths! I hope it's true!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Woah I find this hard to believe, because it's massive news and I thought it'd take an age of negoiation.

Good old Souths! I hope it's true!
    I have now posted an article that was just put up on souths site mate....you better believe it!

Great News but it should have happened earlier

Well done.. that is what I was hoping for... one of the oldest clubs in the league.. will continue to shine and be a success with this.. smart move and all the best for a very successful future...

GLORY GLORY TO SOUTH SYDNEY, SOUTH SYDNEY IS MARCHING ON..

Great news for them! This is the start of the rise of the Rabbitohs!

This is a step in the right direction, but they better hope for results in the future, the team cannot remain as cellar dewellers; they need to peform and based on some of this years results they can do it. For souths fans lets hope its sooner rather than later