Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: robina stadium

25,000 is the capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by captain charger
    25,000 is the capacity.
    Where did you get that from?

It wil be around the 25k mark (I HOPE) & if any of you have been to a sold out game in Sydney like Kogarah,Parra,Penrith etc then you would understand what i'm on about, it's awesome . If you have been to Suncorp with 18000 there it looks & feels empty , so we don't want a monster that is half full for most games when we can have a sellout almost every round.

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

25000 is not enough. You'll never get an Origin game ( if it was ever in the pipeline ) with that small crowd. I agree with TITAN PETE, the atmosphere is awesome, but the Coast needs a ground for rectangular sport which can hold a decent crowd. As i said b4, 30000 should be a bare minimum.

I live only a stones throw away from the new Robina stadium and yes when it rains here it rains but I'am sure like mentioned before the people building the stadium will take that into account.
    Drainage here isnt real good.

The real issue for me is traffic flow.

Robina station is just down from the stadium land which will help some people coming from Brisbane and the north part of the Gold Coast but anyone south will have to find another way here.

The huge downside is the roads surrounding the site, basically they are only wide enough for local traffic and are only one lane wide in each direction no matter which way you come.

The off-ramps from the highway are close to the stadium as well but again the roads surrounding the stadium just wont be able to cater for a crowd of 20,000+ people, even half that amount would be a struggle.

Is there any plans for widening the local roads or some other expansion to cater for the much larger anticipated traffic flow?

just wandering but by the sounds of it the answer is 'no'...

have any plans been submitted for the new stadium?

Titans supporters wont let it rain on their parade,I dont care if the players have to play waste deep in water!

Quote Originally Posted by sharks
    Titans supporters wont let it rain on their parade,I dont care if the players have to play waste deep in water!
    In that case lets sign Thorpie, Hackett and Huglel(Geoff but i can't spell his last name)

Quote Originally Posted by sharks

Especially for the first game Ill go even if I have to wear scuba gear!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....