Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: robina stadium

Default robina stadium

i wasn't living on the gc during chargers times. but now i already feel a real sense of loyalty to the titans. here's the thing tho, i'm thinking that any stadium built in robina is likely to go under water in any significant amount of rain. any one elses thoughts on this?

From what I have seen of the zone recently, Alot of earth moving equipment is there. I would dare hazard a guess that they will raise the ground significantly before building of the stadium commences.
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoe
    From what I have seen of the zone recently, Alot of earth moving equipment is there. I would dare hazard a guess that they will raise the ground significantly before building of the stadium commences.
    Yes they would have to.. Robina was like under water last time it rained heavily

Quote Originally Posted by no free passes
    i wasn't living on the gc during chargers times. but now i already feel a real sense of loyalty to the titans. here's the thing tho, i'm thinking that any stadium built in robina is likely to go under water in any significant amount of rain. any one elses thoughts on this?
    Have faith that those in charge of making a multi million dollar decision have covered all hypotheticals when settling for Robina as our home base for 2008

Cheers

DeeGan

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

Yes, I've heard they're currently raising the land.

I'm sure the council would have thought of that when the robina option was given to them. That would have been like my first thing to check anyway.

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

What's the capacity going to be? If it's anything less than 30000, ill be disappointed. Imagine that stadium absolutely chockers for the team's first finals match. You'd really want the "Collusieum" as a feared place for visiting teams.
    Even tho i'm in Sydney, I won't attend a game until the "Collusieum" is built. Carrara is almost the worst ground i've been to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel 33
    What's the capacity going to be? If it's anything less than 30000, ill be disappointed. Imagine that stadium absolutely chockers for the team's first finals match. You'd really want the "Collusieum" as a feared place for visiting teams.
    Even tho i'm in Sydney, I won't attend a game until the "Collusieum" is built. Carrara is almost the worst ground i've been to.
    But small stadiums give good atmosphere. WIn, Kogerah etc

Werent they aiming for 25k?

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

I would say it will be in the 30k to 40k mark. Can't be much bigger than that. All I know is that the council did a good job of the new exhibition centre, I'm sure they'll do even better with this one.

25-30k

would be ideal

if they could make it a smaller suncorp it would be perfect

Manly Warringah for Life but plenty of room to support my local team the Mighty mighty Titans

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

I agree with you Cliffy GC, that sort of atmosphere would be daunting.

I can see your point Teegy but look at the problems a few teams had in the last few weeks of the comp. The sold out sign went up at between 18-23000. If theyre building a purpose built stadium, do it right first time, minimum 30000. Still get a decent crowd but nothing as extreme as a half empty Telstra Stadium.

I heard around the 15K mark, but i might have read wrong.... A smaller suncopr would be cool, maybe design it like the collosuim. But it would have to be reqtangle wouldn't it?

I thought the first stage of it was for around 20 000 and the next stage was for 30 000 - 35 000.

I remember them saying if it got to the second stage maybe they would get an origin match one day. Maybe slightle wishfull thinking there

Oh Heaven!!!

Origin on the Coast!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....