Titans First Grader

Default 2008 Millennium Magic games confirmed

superleague.co.uk

Promoted Castleford Tigers will kick off the Millennium Magic weekend next May, when engage Super League once more stage a full round of matches in Cardiff.

The Tigers will meet local rivals Wakefield Trinity Wildcats in the opening fixture on Saturday, May 3, followed by Huddersfield Giants? clash with Warrington Wolves and the Leeds Rhinos-Bradford Bulls derby.

Harlequins and Catalans Dragons meet in the opening fixture the following day, which also features the Hull derby and St Helens? clash with Wigan Warriors.

An aggregate crowd of 58,831 watched the inaugural event this year, which encouraged the Rugby Football League to stage a repeat.

May 3rd
    Castleford Tigers v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves
    Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls

May 4th
    Harlequins v Catalans Dragons
    Hull FC V Hull KR
    St Helens v Wigan Warriors

Millennium Magic was and is a great concept and I hope the RFL remain committed to it.

It got some good crowds but more importantly was what the fixture did for national and Welsh rugby league's profile.

I think each year we will see more and more fans make the trip.

It really is a ballsy move by the RFL.

What do you think lee?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans First Grader

I love the Millenium Magic idea and altough the crowds werent as high as i thought they'd be it was still deemed a success thus leading to a repeat of the idea this year.

I think the attendances will improve as you said and hopefully it will remain in the SL fixture books for a long while to come.

I like the look the of the May 4th fixtures, if they added the leeds v bradford game to that day too it would be perfect.

I think its a great concept,and the RFL should be applauded.Hopefully it will grow to become a major date in the RL season,i actually thought last years crowd was half decent considering there was some key local sport going on that weekend.After a disappointing world cup and the promotion of Celtic Crusaders(and with a 2009 franchise theirs to lose!) Wales is a prime area for RL to target and develop the game there.You have got some really great derby games there,just wish i could be there for it!The RFL need to give it 3-5 years hopefully and see where its at then,as they have a record of pulling the plug on things at short notice.