Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Wow, i admit i never had to much respect for Bird, but he was outstanding today, and Cronk play brillantly!!

Great team, i would love to see them take on the All Blacks, and finally put to rest this crap about the All Chokes being the best Rugby team in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Titan CEO

Agree with all your points mate.

BUT

Fullback: Slater-Bowen-Stewart: is more like it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post

BUT

Oh of course, I forgot Bowen and Slater...and there is an added joy.. there are still 2 players who could make that squad.

I mean Slater and Bowen could be on the wing too if Hunt and Stewart are preferred at Fullback, which would mean

Fullback- Slater, Bowen, Hunt, Stewart
    Wing- Folau, Bowen, Stewart
    Wing 2- Hayne, Tate, Bowen
    Centre- Inglis, Hodges, Tate, Cooper
    Centre- Gasnier, Tate, Cooper, Inglis

Look at all those options...

Same with lock, I mean Johnson is the incumbent but if Anasta can get form he'll challenge and Maitua will be back next season better than ever... it's such a joy to have so many players to choose from...:woot::woot:

BUT

Throw a Thurston in also, was great to see the depth of ARL, in full action, Gus was right you could pick 3 other teams that would have smashed the Kiwis today, but that team of Youngsters was awesome to watch.

BTW how Fu**ing strong is Folou
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Titan CEO

Your right. And if you really wanted to you could probably name another two or three players for each position! No particular order.

Halfback: Prince-Thurston-cronk

Even props like Brett White and Ben Cross showed this year that they are up there with the best.

Your right. And if you really wanted to you could probably name another two or three players for each position! No particular order.

Halfback: Prince-Thurston-cronk

Even props like Brett White and Ben Cross showed this year that they are up there with the best.
    I'd hate to be the Australian selectors if all players keep form and others improve for next seasons World Cup... nearly every position has 3 or more options to choose from... so many decisions, but it's fantastic to have...

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Throw a Thurston in also, was great to see the depth of ARL, in full action, Gus was right you could pick 3 other teams that would have smashed the Kiwis today, but that team of Youngsters was awesome to watch.

BTW how Fu**ing strong is Folou

Its crazy isnt it? Its been mentioned by media etc before but in person he is just a moving mountain. Whats even move scarier is his 15 year old brother is, according to Isreal, bigger then him! Lets hope he makes the NRL rather then the NBA.

1. Bowen, Slater, Stewart, Minochello, Hunt, Gidley
    2. Hayne, Groth, Tate,
    3. Hodges, Bell, Inglis, Rogers,
    4. Gasnier, Lyon, Cooper, Tate
    5. Folou, Inglis, ElMasrie
    6. Lockyer, Bird, Anasta, Inglis
    7. Thurston, Prince, Cronk,
    8. Price, Kite, O'Meley
    9. Buderus, Farrar, Smith,
    10. Petro, Bailey, Mason, Webb
    11. Hindmarsh, Lanfrancri, O'Donnell
    12. Hoffman, Simpson, Crocker
    13. Johnston, Ryan, Carroll, Creagh

Could have picked 4 teams

It is great to have plenty of talent, all we need now is competition....especially with the world cup just around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    It is great to have plenty of talent, all we need now is competition....especially with the world cup just around the corner.

Agreed, i think the Poms will give us a shake, that game this morning was a corker.

The Kiwis need there best on the field, put Cayless, SBW, Marshall, Webb, and a few forwards from the ESL in there and you have a team that could smash us again.

Fiji look like there on the money, and Tonga need the players to play for them, i think it will not what we think

A sad day for international rugby league and NZRL.

Although I don't believe the NZRL did anywhere near enough to promote this Test Match. It hasn't done Wellington's NRL franchise claims much justice.

I am still looking forward to the tour though and the British must be encouraged by today's result but that was with a 12 man Kiwi outfit.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Australia have had their deserving praise and every player performed brilliantly behind the Cam Smith led charge.
    but
    I'm strongly critical on the refs decision to send Matai off in a test match between Aust and the Kiwis.
    Someone please explain the difference between the Crocker hit on Stuart in the grand final, that didn't even get a penalty and the Matai hit.

Even though I enjoyed the skill displayed by the Australian side, I couldn't help feeling the game was spoiled by the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    Someone please explain the difference between the Crocker hit on Stuart in the grand final, that didn't even get a penalty and the Matai hit.
    Gasnier was standing up, Stewart was on his knees. Croker's hit was a shoulder charge (legal), where as Matai's was a swinging arm at the head (illegal).

Aussies just out classed the Kiwis, and the result wouldn't have been much different even if the Kiwis played with 13 men.

All the Australians played great, but specials mentions to Willie Mason who I haven't seen play like that for a long time, I'm usually a critic of his but he was outstanding.

Gidley made a fist of his opportunities, no fear and tremendous enthusiasm in everything he does. I questioned his selection as a utility given its lack of success in State of Origin, but if used right he could make the utility spot his own since Berrigan's departure.

Greg Inglis in the centres, what a star. Unstoppable. So glad he didn't get the 5/8 spot. More great stuff from Falou too. Greg Bird had a strong game too, I loved the hit he put on Moi Moi early in the game.

Finally from the Kiwis Roy Asotasi. He never gave up trying and pretty sure he played the full 80. They talk about building a team around Benji Marshall and SBW - great if they're not in a hospital ward, but I'd be building around Roy and if the injury kids are available its just a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    Finally from the Kiwis Roy Asotasi. He never gave up trying and pretty sure he played the full 80. They talk about building a team around Benji Marshall and SBW - great if they're not in a hospital ward, but I'd be building around Roy and if the injury kids are available its just a bonus.
    Well said, they are lucky to have a champion like that. He was tremendous for Souths in both performance and spirit as well.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Matai got a two week ban,which he will serve as Manly's two trial matches next year!
    What a joke!
    Source:
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23214,00.html