Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by captaincharger
    Morley test case points to greater exodus down under

Andy Wilson on Rugby league
    Thursday November 24, 2005
    The Guardian

The Super League is in danger of being on the wrong end of a brawn drain. It could be the best thing that has happened to the British game for decades. After ploughing a lone furrow last year as the only Pom in Australia's National Rugby League, Adrian Morley will be joined at the Sydney Roosters next season by Mark Edmondson, the mobile young forward from St Helens, while the equally adventurous Irish wing Brian Carney will spend a year with Andrew Johns at the Newcastle Knights before moving north to the Gold Coast Titans for their NRL debut in 2007.

When he arrives in Surfers Paradise, Carney could be joined by a number of other British players. The Titans chief executive Michael Searle is in Britain this week continuing his negotiations with the Leeds full-back Richie Mathers, Wigan's gifted loose-forward Sean O'Loughlin and the Bradford prop Stuart Fielden - whose performances in Britain's struggling Tri-Nations team have consolidated his reputation in Australia. Keiron Cunningham has also engaged an Australian agent to find him an NRL club for the year after next, and other leading players such as Paul Sculthorpe and Danny McGuire retain an ambition to test themselves at rugby league's cutting edge.
    The Titans seem to be very intrested in this bloke. Ive never seen him play but he must be worth it with searle going over there to scout him.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

They poach all our older players, but we're gettin em back by poaching their up and comers. Take that england!

Junior Titan

Doesnt Mc Guire contract expire in like 2008-2009 ?

As for mathers it would be exciting for him to go to GC but im not sure if it would happen, as he said that he wants out by the rhinos ?

Stuart Fielden is the next English import im looking forward to and it could be GC or Roosters that could get him. My best bet is the Roosters because he is looking towards a sydney life but hasn't ruled any possibilites that he will join another team. Im saying this not just because im a roosters fan but i just think it will happen. Fielden still has to negotiate with Bradford about his contract until 2008 with the bulls.

The Mathers signing is exciting for mine as is the prospect of Stuart Fielden heading down under being linked to the Gold Coast Titans - exciting times ahead for the team!

DeeGan

Poaching their up and comers is probably the best and quickest way to get their international game up to speed. Plus when they return they will take the NRL attitude towards training and playing back with them. Can only be a plus for the Englisg game Long Term.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

You all raise some really good points here.. I agree with Dakink.. having English players over here is only good for the game in Great Britain and England.

In regards to Soliola.. didn't get what you meant with Mathers exactly.. can you reiterate it.. does that mean he wants to stay at Leeds or wants out and is more likely to go to another club... I think if he wants out.. he will most probably be a great asset to have over here, especially for the Titans, from the few bits I have seen of him he is a good player who will do well here..

Junior Titan

Oops sorry Tj

I was meant to say has he confirmed that he wants out from the rhinos ?

He isnt willing to re-sign with them or is moving in other directions ?