Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've lifted this from that link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/7034017.stm

A statement on the Uefa website said it had opened an investigation on the basis of article five, paragraph one of the disciplinary regulations, which state:

Member associations, clubs, as well as their players, officials and members, shall conduct themselves according to the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship.
    It just reinforces to me that if this is the code of conduct that is expected and they can still get away with the sort of carry-on they do, then this sport (at least European) is a lost cause. Having said that, how much loyalty is there in team sport anymore? All about the dollars.

The funny part is the fan gets a life ban for his part, as if the fan is the problem. What a joke! :duh: The fan should be applauded for bringing this sort of un-sportsmanship behaviour into the spotlight, and Dida should be getting a life ban for being a soft ****!

Titans First Grader

Celtic have got a ?25,000 fine and Dida has got a 2 game ban. Milan will probably appeal the decision, i hope Uefa dont let him off altogether, i can only see 1 game getting dropped if they are successful. The precident for similar actions is a 2 game ban so he should serve the full term.

If he appeals it and loses the ban should be increased to 3 !! The only way to stop cheating(in all sports) is ban them!

Titans First Grader

Its their whole colture, im talking southern european and south american, alot of the players have come out and said that cheating is a legitimate part of the game, if you can fool the ref then you gain the upper hand. Its needs to be looked at from grass roots right up to the pro leagues.

Titan One Clubman

He should have got a 2 month ban, it was a pathetic display by him. Can't believe it got to the point where he was strapped into the stretcher and had Ice Applied to his 'injury'.

Titans First Grader

As expected Uefa have caved and reduced it down to a 1 game suspension. The initial punishments handed out to players/clubs have become a joke, they always get lowered on appeal. They should have the courage to stick to their initial punishments instead of giving in all the time.

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we all know rugby league aint for fairies

Im sorry guys but I believe all soccer is for fairies and C grade actors. If you want to watch a real game of soccer, go and watch an U/6 game when they don't know the meaning of TAKE A DIVE!!!!!!

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    Im sorry guys but I believe all soccer is for fairies and C grade actors. If you want to watch a real game of soccer, go and watch an U/6 game when they don't know the meaning of TAKE A DIVE!!!!!!
    You'll find that Australia does not have a diving culture. The A-League is a very physical League and you won't see much diving there.

Sadly though, Asia, South America and some parts of Europe are a huge bunch of divers, sad really.

FTR, I would have increased Dida's suspension, he is a joke.