Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCliffy#01 View Post
    Regardless of the incident i don't think any attack on a reporter doing his or her job deserves to be assaulted, and can you imagine the outrage if they were doggies supporters, but they weren't they were Bronco supporters and naturaly the Brisbane Club will be protected from media scrutiny, Brisbane and their supporters are protected speices in Brisvegas and QLD as a whole. As i referred to if they had been doggies fans Canterbury-Bankstown would now be facing a $20,000 fine for bringing the game into disrepute.
    very true the only time i have heard it on any news outlet in QLD is sunday night on a short ad break since then i have heard nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy View Post
    very true the only time i have heard it on any news outlet in QLD is sunday night on a short ad break since then i have heard nothing
    I think it also has to do with the channel you watch, Channel 7 ran this as a main story, other channel's only briefly talked about it.

But anyway they have found the idiots:
    Trio arrested over TV journo attack
    September 12, 2007 - 7:11AM

Victorian police last night expected to charge at least two men over an assault on a Seven Network sports reporter during a live cross outside an NRL finals match in Melbourne.

Reporter Ben Davis was tackled to the ground by two men outside Olympic Park as he crossed to Seven's Brisbane studio during Sunday's evening news following Melbourne's 40-0 qualifying final win over Brisbane.

Mr Davis suffered an injured wrist in the attack, which was captured by Seven's cameras.

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said three men were arrested yesterday.

They were interviewed by Melbourne Criminal Investigation Unit detectives this afternoon and later released, she said.

Two of the men, a 28-year-old from Docklands and a 25-year-old from Preston, were expected to be charged on summons with one count each of unlawful assault.

The third man, 23, also of Preston, was released pending further inquiries.

The Seven Network has said it will hire guards to accompany the crew covering the clash between North Queensland and the New Zealand Warriors in Townsville this weekend, amid fears of a copycat incident.

AAP

Broncos boss condemns journalist attack

September 12, 2007

Broncos boss Bruno Cullen has revealed how close he came to an incident in which Seven Network reporter Ben Davis was assaulted during a live cross outside Melbourne's Olympic Park.

The Brisbane chief executive has also urged Melbourne to ban the offenders from home games if they are found to be Storm supporters after three men were arrested by Victorian police on Tuesday.

Cullen said he walked out of the ground following Brisbane's 40-0 qualifying final loss on Sunday night to get a lift into the city from the Seven Network, only to find a flustered Davis.

"Ben came along and I said `what's wrong with you' and he said `I've just got stitched up'," Cullen told AAP.

"He virtually went from that (assault) to me. I was with Ben within five minutes of it happening.

"His face was flushed, he had mud on his shoes. He told me all about it on the way back into town."

Victorian police expect to charge at least two men over the assault in which Davis was tackled to the ground as he crossed to Seven's Brisbane studio during Sunday's evening news.

Davis suffered an injured wrist in the attack, which was captured by Seven's cameras.

One of the offenders could be seen in the Seven footage wearing a Broncos jersey but Cullen doubted whether he was a Brisbane supporter.

"Sceptics have told me when people do things like that they put the opposition's jumper on to give them a bagging - now I am not suggesting that is the case but it is disappointing (it happened)," he said.

"I wouldn't have thought he was a Broncos supporter as such - it might be someone from Melbourne who bought a jumper and went along.

"But no matter what jersey he was wearing, it was sad to see it happen, a disgraceful episode."

A Victorian police spokesman said three men were arrested and interviewed by Melbourne Criminal Investigation Unit detectives on Tuesday and later released.

Two of the men, a 28-year-old from Docklands and a 25-year-old from Preston, were expected to be charged on summons with one count each of unlawful assault.

The third man, 23, also of Preston, was released pending further inquiries.

Cullen urged Melbourne to ban the offenders from Storm home games if "they know them".

"I hope they cop the correct punishment from the law and I encourage Melbourne Storm to do something about it if they are regulars and they know them or they are season ticket holders," he said.

Davis will cover the North Queensland Cowboys' semi-final against the New Zealand Warriors at Townsville on Sunday.

The Seven Network will hire guards to accompany him amid fears of a copycat incident.

? 2007 AAP

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Titan CEO

What a joke Cullen is, trying to pass it off onto the Storm. It was broncos supporters, A bunch of storm fans didnt buy a broncos jersey then go and attack a reporter. Its a broncos fan who probably flew out (to where ever) the next day and thats why they cant catch the twits. Or they are Broncos fans living down in Melbourne.

Is everyone at the Broncos club a moron? Im starting to think thats the case after the last few weeks.

would you expect anything less from someone associated with the broncos???
    can see where wayne bennett gets it from now. either that or cullen has been hanging around wayne too long.

Titan CEO

Seriosuly, would you go buy another teams jersey ($150) and wear it to a game? Thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post
    Its a broncos fan who probably flew out (to where ever) the next day and thats why they cant catch the twits.
    They have caught the idiots, and they live in Melbourne....it is stated in the article.

Cullen is probably disappointed that someone wearing a broncos jersey has done something as stupid as that.

One thing I find stupid is that Channel 7 doesn't trust the good people of North Queensland and now have to hire guards to protect their reporters.

Titan CEO

It does too, i mis-read that part. Ofcourse Cullen is dissapointed, but instead of shifting the blame he should be the one doing something about it.

QLD Cup Titan

Their are ********s everwhere! I hate the Broncos but I certainly don't fear going to one of their games at Suncorp and supporting the opposition! Nah ********s exist everwhere - get over it! I fear the Chook Pen at Wynnum more! (and I believe a Friday Night game in Sydney if Canterbury Bankstown is playing is an eye openner ! ) But hey being at Suncorp Stadium and not supporting the Broncos is not threatening believe me! (although I did get into a fight 20 years ago supporting the Gold Coast Seagulls in a game against Brisbane Broncos, nah it was really hand bags at 20 paces!)!

I went to the Caxton in my Titans Jersey after round 5, didn't have to look too hard to get in a fight - bad losers and #### everywhere.
    Mabey it's just coinicidence, but 90% of all Broncos supporters I've met are ####!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 14-09-07 at 08:26 AM.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I went to the Caxton in my Titans Jersey after round 5, didn't have to look too hard to get in a fight - bad losers and #### everywhere.
    Mabey it's just coinicidence, but 90% of all Broncos supporters I've met ar3 ####!
    Well it sounds you have copped it from the #### and yeah Bad losers really are assholes! It's a shame that assholes go to these games- I'm probably too old to attrack strife these days! but I wear a Titans Polo Shirt to the games, work, the shopping centre etc if some wanker wanted to say somthing smart I would probably still ark up! But as I said I'm too old these days for idiots to worry about!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 14-09-07 at 08:24 AM.

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

It does too, i mis-read that part. Ofcourse Cullen is dissapointed, but instead of shifting the blame he should be the one doing something about it.
    How?
    Hes in Brisbane and these morons live in Melbourne.
    Apart from that its now a police issue..

Seriosuly, would you go buy another teams jersey ($150) and wear it to a game? Thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard in my life.
    Apparently that's what the rumours were when people spoke about poor Bulldogs fans behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Old Diehard View Post
    But hey being at Suncorp Stadium and not supporting the Broncos is not threatening believe me!
    It isn't when they are playing the Dragons thats for sure. The crowd is usually 50/50, and we have been on the winning end a number of times now. Celebrating with my fellow supporters on the train back is awesome, enough said

actually there is two wankers who sit behind our group who turned up every game in a different jersey and bag us now to date ive been spat on, punched, had garbage thrown at me, beer and rum "accidently" spilt on me

and im the broncos fan....

but on a side note my best friend her 2 sons & myself copped some racist remarks by titans fans so you cant point the finger at certain fans
    Last edited by HodgoBerro; 14-09-07 at 05:27 PM.