Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Darren Lockyer rumours

I'm sure all you Queenslanders are as pissed as I am that Darren Lockyer's name has been dragged through the dirt following the Andrew Johns revelations. I predicted it on Thursday night, and surprise, surprise, it's headline news on Sunday that the Broncos have all guns blazing (rightly) defending their captain.

I hate Lockyer because he's a Bronco and a Queenslander, but I respect him because he is one of the best players I've seen, and he has dominated two different positions, something not many players have done I'm sure. He doesn't deserve this treatment.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

I agree. He has been treated harshly.
    Whats next the media decides Thurston is on drugs?
    Absolutely ridiculous.

An article I saw the other day from that blond bag of crap from the Telegraph Rebecca Wilson would have me filing a defamation suit if I were Darren Lockyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    An article I saw the other day from that blond bag of crap from the Telegraph Rebecca Wilson would have me filing a defamation suit if I were Darren Lockyer.
    I agree. Do you reckon she might go after Thurston too?
    She did target Locks just after the Johns thing.
    Personally how can anyone do that to Lockyer, for mine the best the game has seen. He won the test series last year for Aus, won Origin for Qld, won the nrl for Brisbane. Broncos dont need this crap to further their woes this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Poida View Post
    I agree. Do you reckon she might go after Thurston too?
    She did target Locks just after the Johns thing.
    Personally how can anyone do that to Lockyer, for mine the best the game has seen. He won the test series last year for Aus, won Origin for Qld, won the nrl for Brisbane. Broncos dont need this crap to further their woes this season.
    Lockyer was in UK along with Andrew Johns for the ESL grand final and also doing some work for the NRL. So the rumour went about that Lockyer might of went out with Johns to the church. Lockyer denied that he went to the church.

Why would she bring up Thurston? He wasn't even there.

I'm so sick of people telling me Locky does drugs. Just after Wendell was suspended I had a bit of a chat with him and his body language said it all - ANTI DRUGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    I hope some legal action comes out of it. I don't how these b.s. starters sleep well at night. And why does she report rugby league....that has always peeved me off.

The Broncos have the toughest drug policy/testing out of all the professional sporting teams in Australia. And for Darren Lockyer to be guilty by association is ridiculous. I have been in close proximity of all these players....does that mean I am a drug user...hell no!

I might just send off the article to Media Watch and hopefully they will deal with this gutter journalism!

Titan CEO

I guess noone can say with 100% certaincy weather or not Lockyer or any other player in the NRL is taking OR NOT taking drugs.Untill they are found out by positive tests or come clean about (ie what joey did) its all hear say, but to me its weird to see fans say "lockyer definately does not take drugs", you cannot tell by someones body language or say because they are a good bloke they dont do drugs. noone really knows.

And QLD'er how tougher are the broncos testing policies compared to the Knights? Wouldnt be a big difference i would imagine.

since dean benton was employed they have introduced a in house drug and alcohol testing regime

which means they can turn up on a players doorstep at anytime day or night.

as far as i'm aware - the broncos have a curfew for players playing the next day that they are not allowed to drink alcohol and must be in their bed or hotel by midnight.

the broncos have one of the toughest drug & alcohol testing regimes by any club

Look what happened to Brett Seymour & Nev Costigan? Both were sacked because of problems with Alcohol which obviously the club doesn't tolerate.

Super Cronk - I have someone who is close to me who had a huge problem with Alcohol, Heroin & Cocaine. I do know the warning signs after being to his NA & AA meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post
    And QLD'er how tougher are the broncos testing policies compared to the Knights? Wouldnt be a big difference i would imagine.
    Well lets put it this way....Andrew Johns was tested 17 times since 1998. Players at the Melbourne Storm (Cam Smith, Matt King) have stated they have been tested more over 5 times this year. I don't have the exact figures for the Broncos, however they are regarded as the toughest in terms of drug tests so I would assume that the average number of tests would be the same if not more per player.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 04-09-07 at 01:32 PM.

a report on channel 7 news on sunday night said that on average each player was tested 30 times in the last 12 months which is an average total of approx 600
    Last edited by HodgoBerro; 04-09-07 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poida View Post
    I agree. He has been treated harshly.
    Whats next the media decides Thurston is on drugs?
    Absolutely ridiculous.
    lol. why is this rediculous?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post
    I guess noone can say with 100% certaincy weather or not Lockyer or any other player in the NRL is taking OR NOT taking drugs.Untill they are found out by positive tests or come clean about (ie what joey did) its all hear say, but to me its weird to see fans say "lockyer definately does not take drugs", you cannot tell by someones body language or say because they are a good bloke they dont do drugs. noone really knows.

well said, people can't just say "he doesn't do drugs" or "he does". but i think the broncos do over 360 in-house drug tests a season, NRL regulations only require 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
    lol. why is this rediculous?
    It is ridiculous because Darren Lockyer has been brought into this issue because he was in the same country as Andrew Johns when he got caught. If Darren wasn't in the UK than I don't think these stories would not have made there way out....however the Telegraph seem to publish anything these days!

If Darren Lockyer comes out and says he is a drug user than I will be rather surprised (much like I the surprise of finding out Andrew Johns has been using drugs for numerous years).

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Lockyer was in UK along with Andrew Johns for the ESL grand final and also doing some work for the NRL. So the rumour went about that Lockyer might of went out with Johns to the church. Lockyer denied that he went to the church.

Why would she bring up Thurston? He wasn't even there.
    I know but I meant a different thing.