Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

all those picking shannon walker at fullback have got to be joking. he only played a quarter of the season at FB for tweed. need to start him on the wing

Default Jake the Snake off to SuperLeague

I think you can rule out having Jake in the side. Media Release says he is off to England.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    I like Mini, don't get me wrong, had a chat with him on Saturday night, nice guy and he is a good player, but with Meyers back I would have Brad in the side, he's aggression plus and a great leader as well, and we need more leaders on the field...

I really tossed up putting Mini on the bench, but I put Matt Cross there as he is versatile, can play second row and prop, even lock if need be from memory... and I think if he can get it right, he will be a very handy acquisition for the Titans...

Mini is a great player, but he is just outside the 17 for me in 2008, actually he or Swain would be 18th player TBH... I hope he proves me wrong though, as he has done really well in the second row in 2007 and I wouldn't complain if he is there next year...

Minichiello over Meyers every day of the week for me!! Meyers off the bench. You are right about one thing though, he is a good bloke. Was in my year at Westfields Sports High. Swain would be my 18th man. He is also a great bloke. Was in my rep cricket team at Blacktown back in the day.

Now that I've finished name dropping I'm going back to work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy View Post
    all those picking shannon walker at fullback have got to be joking. he only played a quarter of the season at FB for tweed. need to start him on the wing
    why is that??? is it pressure under the high ball or defence??? because these days wingers probably get more bombs than fullbacks do and defending at fullback should be easier then defending on the wing anyway if your frontline is doing there job.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    I like Mini, don't get me wrong, had a chat with him on Saturday night, nice guy and he is a good player, but with Meyers back I would have Brad in the side, he's aggression plus and a great leader as well, and we need more leaders on the field...

I really tossed up putting Mini on the bench, but I put Matt Cross there as he is versatile, can play second row and prop, even lock if need be from memory... and I think if he can get it right, he will be a very handy acquisition for the Titans...

Mini is a great player, but he is just outside the 17 for me in 2008, actually he or Swain would be 18th player TBH... I hope he proves me wrong though, as he has done really well in the second row in 2007 and I wouldn't complain if he is there next year...
    That doesn't make any sense because i reckon minicello has been one of the most aggressive people in the side this year. Plus what i've seen this year he has shown excellant leadership skills
    "Go the Titans"

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy View Post
    Not sure what others were picking but i'm talking about Chris Walker at No1 but Shannon Walker will play in the NRL in 08' guaranteed so i wouldn't right he kid off yet .
    #itaintweaktospeak

kelvinator its because you wouldnt throw a rookie in out of position. majority of the QRL games he played is Wing. now he gets to try FB. i would do the same with the Titans. start him on the wing and if hes ready then move to fullback

lmao can u tell im bored whos cares as long as we win and wiff no injuries...otherwise me nhj

Seen a bit of Shannon Walker this season for Seagulls,no doubting the guy has potential,but his handling has been shocking at times,spills a heck of a lot of ball,and would need to do a lot of bulking up if hes gonna play first grade next year!
    Get down to Pigabeen,Tweed, saturday for Seagulls v Ipswich to see Shannon and a few other Titans in action?

My Team would be

1. Walker
    2. Peterson
    3. Rogers
    4. Delaney
    5. Bowen
    6. Cambell
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Friend
    10. Henderson
    11. Laffranci
    12. Minichello
    13. Swain

14. Meyers
    15. Donneley
    16. Kahler
    17. Amos

:woot:

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Titans View Post
    My Team would be

1. Walker
    2. Peterson
    3. Rogers
    4. Delaney
    5. Bowen
    6. Cambell
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Friend
    10. Henderson
    11. Laffranci
    12. Minichello
    13. Swain

14. Meyers
    15. Donneley
    16. Kahler
    17. Amos

:woot:
    Without seeming to harsh you can not possibly have been watching the same games that I was Timmy Titans. Kahler was the only prop in the nrl (whether he was played out of position or not) to register a negative figure when it came to metres gained. He was awful.

1. Mathers
    2. Peterson
    3. Rogers
    4. Delaney
    5. C.Walker
    6. Cambell
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Friend
    10. Cannings
    11. Laffranci
    12. Meyers
    13. Minichello

14. Donneley
    15. Henderson
    16. Cooper
    17. Amos

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    Without seeming to harsh you can not possibly have been watching the same games that I was Timmy Titans. Kahler was the only prop in the nrl (whether he was played out of position or not) to register a negative figure when it came to metres gained. He was awful.
    And he didnt look any better in the Qld cup games.Bit worried we appear to be signing a lot of fringe players and guys who cant get a run at other clubs?

Default Shannon Walker the real deal!

I reckon that Shannon Walker's performance in the Qld Cup Grand Final and winning the player of the year has put him in the frame for a start in first grade next year. I admit that I haven't seen that much of him but I think fullback is probably the spot for him due to the smaller defensive workload. So in saying that here is the team I'd be looking at for 2008 at Robina Arena/Skilled Park.

1. Shannon Walker
    2. Matt Petersen
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Chris Walker
    5. Brenton Bowen
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Ian Donnelly
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Luke Bailey
    12. Anthony Laffranchi