Junior Titan

Default The old Seagulls Stadium and Tweed Heads

Did anyone on these forums ever went to the old Seagulls Stadium at Tweed Heads (before it was demolished)? What was the stadium like and also the location of the stadium? Is there any photos of Seagulls Stadium around, as I've never got to see it?

On an unrelated matter, what's Tweed Heads like? Is it the best suburb in the Gold Coast-Tweed Heads region?

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    Did anyone on these forums ever went to the old Seagulls Stadium at Tweed Heads (before it was demolished)? What was the stadium like and also the location of the stadium? Is there any photos of Seagulls Stadium around, as I've never got to see it?

On an unrelated matter, what's Tweed Heads like? Is it the best suburb in the Gold Coast-Tweed Heads region?
    The stadium was next to the Leagues Club. It was one of the best in this part of the world because of NSW pokies money. It's now a housing estate.

Whilst not offically a suburb of the Gold Coast (The Gold Coast City stops at the border) the Tweed used to be reasonably priced. That is not the case now. I have the view that to live on the Gold Coast you must be close to the beach. Anywhere west of Nerang is crap- may as well live in Brisbane. You still got to get in the car to get to the beach. Some say there is no life west of the old Pacific Hwy. Northern Rivers NSW is nice excluding Byron Bay & Bangalow(let the dickhe#ds from Sydney and backpackers have it! Sipping lattes doing yoga!).

I loved it, we played all our school GF's there.

I remember one GF day.

We were the youngest under 13 i think

We drew at fulltime, went into extra time and still a draw (against Kingscliff High, Cudgen school)(we were at Coombabah)
    the next game did the same, and the open A's did the same.

Was a great day of footy.

Other players playing that Day, Scotty Sattler, Brett Horsnell, Graham Appo, Ben Ikin, Andrew Gee, Me, Chaos

I loved the ground, was so soft, and just perfect, and running out under the stands with your whole school cheering you on, was just awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

tweed heads is awesome such a beautiful part of the world fond memories of holidaying at rainbow bay as a nipper.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by minibeave View Post
    tweed heads is awesome such a beautiful part of the world fond memories of holidaying at rainbow bay as a nipper.
    Shhish don't tell to many people about rainbow bay!!!! Beautiful spot that it is and I to spent 2 christmas holidays there! Jack Evans Poupoise Pool /Snapper Rocks etc - it had a special flavour especially when drinking was 18years old in NSW & 21 inQld.Right next to the NSW border & tweed it's a terrific place but if you are a new arrival to the coast and don't have a lot of money you can't afford it now!

Bilinga is another place that is sort of quieter or doesn't register on the Southern Migration radar. Oh hell that was years ago they are there too and it's expensive (although old dear next door's son had a house there and he walks from his yard straight onto the beach- he brought about 1980!)

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by minibeave View Post
    Tell you another great memory of the tweed was casting your line & bait into the Tweed River at Markwells' right next to the old Tweed Bridge when they were dumping their fish guts and scales etc into the river, by god the fish would fight each other to get the bait!

Or fishing terranora lakes when there was no houses there. Unbloody believable the fishing. Fish now gone- houses everywhere!
    Last edited by Old Diehard; 29-08-07 at 09:59 PM.