Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
    Yeah,Hodges made him look like a little girl.
    ha ha lol turners a *****! cant take a punch from hodges!

on other news frawley has pulled up sore and will not be starting darius boyd has been pushed into the centres at the expense of joel moon alwyn simpson will make his debut
    tonie carroll will start at 5/8 at the expense of greg eastwood
    sam thaiday will start at lock & clifford manua will come into the side on the bench
    Source - The Courier Mail
    Last edited by HodgoBerro; 08-09-07 at 06:44 PM.

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

This from NRL.COM..

Broncos suffer yet another blow
    Saturday, September 8, 2007 - 10:37 PM

With the odds already stacked heavily against them, Brisbane have been dealt yet another blow ahead of Sunday's NRL qualifying final against Melbourne with veteran backrower Tonie Carroll set to succumb to a neck injury.

Carroll is expected to be ruled out of the clash at Brisbane's training session on Saturday night after failing to overcome the strain suffered in last week's 68-22 thrashing by Parramatta.

The latest injury setback means getting a win against premiership favourites Melbourne would be a minor miracle for Brisbane. The Broncos are already without a host of key players including Darren Lockyer (knee), Karmichael Hunt (hamstring), Shaun Berrigan (cheekbone), Brent Tate (knee), Dave Taylor (thumb) and David Stagg (shoulder).

The reigning premiers also lost winger Craig Frawley on Thursday but are confident Test centre Justin Hodges will overcome a corked thigh to start the match.

Brisbane have lost five out of their past seven games and, coupled with the Storm's imposing home record, look to be heading to Olympic Park simply to be put out of their misery.

But you wouldn't know it from their attitude at training, according to Brisbane's assistant coach Ivan Henjak.

"The boys have been very enthusiastic throughout the week, attitude has been good and they've worked very hard," he said.

The Broncos have become accustomed to this sort of adversity, particularly in the second half of the season with injury disruptions striking with regularity.

"This sort of situation has been with us for a while now. We've played all the top teams and with the guys we've had out not many people thought we'd even be in those games," Henjak said.

"It's not a big issue. We just see it as a big challenge and as long as we give our best and keep playing for each other then that's all that were expecting.

"The pleasing thing is that, apart from last week, we've been in just about every game we've played in."

The Broncos will field a side with comparatively little finals experience to recent seasons, something Henjak believes could work in their favour.

"They're going to be up for it. If they're not going to get excited about this game they never will," he said.

"We've got four players who are (Queensland Cup side) Redcliffe players starting tomorrow which is unbelievable, but a big game like this gives them an opportunity to show people what they've got."

Among those will be winger Alwyn Simpson, who will make his NRL debut after catching coach Wayne Bennett's eye with his Queensland Cup form.

Bennett also made some unforced changes during the week, dropping Joel Moon and Greg Eastwood, although Eastwood is likely to return to the team in Carroll's absence.

Melbourne, on the other hand, are near full strength and received a further boost on Saturday night with Ben Cross (hamstring) coming through training unscathed and likely to be fit for the match.

Source: AAP

right whoever put the hex on the broncos you can take it off now huge blow for the broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Melbourne by 50+

I am willing to bet money on that.
    It's looking good... too bad that Cam Smith hasn't been on the ball with his kicking so far...

Titan CEO

Wonder how promethane breath is doing at the moment

Titan CEO

Really dont want to come across as a sore winner but: SUCKED IN!!!

And now ill tell you why im being a sore winner. The Broncos all week have run their mouth, even Lockyer was flapping his chops and he wasnt even out there playing!!! So he didnt get to back up his words. Andrew Gee had a shot or two at the Storm, I would have loved to see gee out there getting steam rolled by Lima. The broncos fans (and even some QLD'ers) were also running their mouths, most of it was hypocrite stuff, thats fine if you want to run your mouth...but then atleast have the guts to say you were wrong.

Ive always liked the Broncos, they have produced awesome players and awesome footy over the years...but it was awesome to see them get FLOGGED, under strength or not, it was the most fun ive had watching a game...to know that all those big mouths had their heads in their hands at half-time knowing full well that the game was long gone at that point.

Im by no means saying the Storm will take out the comp or anything like that, but i let my team do the talking....

bite me super cronk. whos gonna have the last laugh in 3 weeks when they choke again

the storm should start paying rent at telstra stadium for wasted oppurtunities

you say the broncos are all talk well matt king is just as bad mate

let the broncos forget the nightmare that was season 07 & refocus for a dominating season 08

i can see you sobbing at half time on the 30th of sept - oh yeah you were that chick bawling at the 04 grand final!
    Last edited by HodgoBerro; 09-09-07 at 10:20 PM.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by HodgoBerro View Post
    bite me super cronk. whos gonna have the last laugh in 3 weeks when they choke again

let the broncos forget the nightmare that was season 07 & refocus for a dominating season 08
    Couldnt pay me to bite you HB.

Storm will have the last laugh, Broncos got flogged by the Storm...the Broncos are GOOOOORRRNE. You wont be laughing....:hissyfit"

Not the Broncos....

I'll pay that one though..... minor credit

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post
    Im by no means saying the Storm will take out the comp or anything like that, but i let my team do the talking....
    Then stop your arrogant drivel..:duh:

Titan CEO

Then stop your arrogant drivel..:duh:
    Never. You can dish out crap and like to talk ****, but you cant take a little?

and thats why matt king is famous for being arrogant maybe its something you get when you are involved with the storm

talk is cheap cronk. except the team need to prove it. and that includes grand finals and grapple tackles.

one thing the broncos have is 6 grand finals from 6 attempts whats the storm? oh yeah 1 from 2!
    Last edited by HodgoBerro; 09-09-07 at 10:30 PM.

Titan CEO

Hb, who cares if he is arrogant? Whats that got to do with the Broncos getting flogged? BTW what was your thoughts on the game?

Oh and what about the Broncos fans or should i say thugs who thought it was funny to bash a channel 7 reporter who was reporting from out-side the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post
    Never. You can dish out crap and like to talk ****, but you cant take a little?
    Im pointing out the inconsistencies in your post,first you take a swipe at the broncos and their former players and then say you'll let your team do the talking?
    If you let your team do the talking you wouldnt be carrying on...:duh:

Titan CEO

Im pointing out the inconsistencies in your post,first you take a swipe at the broncos and their former players and then say you'll let your team do the talking?
    If you let your team do the talking you wouldnt be carrying on...:duh:
    No im pointing out the big mouth people who came out before a game and blasted the storm. Before the game i didnt flap my mouth saying this and that i let the Storm do the talking...

And in two weeks time i wont come out and say crap about the opposite side...i will sit back and watch the Storm, if they win ill be happy if they lose ill come out and say the Storm werent good enough on the day...sure i will be pissed and dissapointed but ill admit that if we arent good on the day then so be it.