Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

All I say about this is... ASADA... Get to redfern NOW... I think we have our latest drug cheats... because Souths are clearly on another planet to everyone else at this present time...

Seriously, what in their right minds makes them think they can get David off on that... I mean SBW, yes downgrade is likely, anything for the cat after that hit, worse than impossible... it was deliberate, it was flush, he didn't look like he was doing anything else except going to KO Braith...

If he gets off... I think the whole NRL Judiciary should walk.... because there is no excuse for what he did, meditated or otherwise... that is just not on...:duh:

Titan First Grade Regular

Souths revival this year is just like a fairy tale, and we are gonna rip that last page outta that 'orrible little book, fairy tales don't wash with me, aufweidersehn rabbitinos.

Titan CEO

sorry cliffy but you guys are goooooone.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post
    sorry cliffy but you guys are goooooone.
    :woot: :woot: :woot:

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Bunnies ready to bounce back: Taylor
    Greg Prichard | September 8, 2007

Jason Taylor has been refreshingly honest in assessing his development as South Sydney coach, readily admitting when he thinks he has pulled the wrong rein. He said he could have done better when the Rabbitohs were preparing to play the Roosters last week. This week, he reckons things are just right.

After Newcastle had beaten Wests Tigers to open the last round, Souths knew they were in the finals regardless of the result of their game 24 hours later against the Roosters. That contributed to a drop in intensity, but Taylor said the origin of the problem could be traced to when Souths belted the Tigers 37-12 in the previous round.

"We had a big build-up to the game against the Tigers and we won easily, but the reality, when you look back at it, was that we were playing a team that was well off its game," he said. "Their coach [Tim Sheens] came out and apologised to their fans after the game for the way they played.

"I probably should have taken more notice of that, and if I had the time over, I would have done things differently last week. The win over the Tigers lulled us into a false sense of security and then, when Newcastle beat the Tigers, even some of our senior players said they felt a sense of relief about being in the finals.

"But the game against the Roosters was still important in terms of where we were going to finish on the table and, in hindsight, I should have addressed all of that with the players before the game against the Roosters. Instead, I just decided to go into the game in the belief that we would be OK, but I could tell in the dressing room that we weren't switched on."

It is generally too late to try to change a team's psyche by then, and Souths went out and lost 26-12, consigning them to seventh place when a win would have lifted them to sixth. If they lose to Manly at Brookvale Oval tonight, they will be eliminated, whereas a team can survive losing from sixth.

"There wasn't much difference in the way we were before the game to how we normally are, but things only have to be a couple of per cent out, and I could sense they were," Taylor said.

This week, Taylor took the most unusual option of making just five players available for media interviews on Tuesday before cutting off media contact with all players.

That might be seen as risky because it removes distractions from players that might be handy as a means of reducing pressure, but Taylor was sure it was the way to go. He said the players were in the right frame of mind to meet Manly.

"It's been a good week for us," Taylor said. "I like what I'm hearing and seeing from the guys. It wasn't just my call. I asked the senior players, and they thought it was a good idea. We got a bit carried away last week. It was better to shut things out a bit this week."

�? There was continuing speculation last night that co-captain David Kidwell would make a shock comeback for the Rabbitohs, despite it recently appearing that his bid to return early from a knee reconstruction had ended.

Taylor has said publicly that Kidwell won't play, but it is understood the New Zealand Test forward has not given up hope of convincing the coach and medical staff that they should bring him into the side tonight.

Kidwell underwent the operation in April.
    AAP

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Do you think Peachey will get a run??? Hope so!
    I think he would throw his heart and soul into tonights game

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Titan CEO

Nope, Taylor seems pretty adament that Peachey wont be getting a run again this year.

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Mad Monday coming up for Soufs!

Manly knock Souths out of NRL finals
    Saturday, September 8, 2007 - 10:47 PM

South Sydney's fairytale NRL season came crashing to a controversial end after a 30-6 defeat to Manly in their qualifying final at Brookvale Oval.

Playing in the club's first finals series since 1989, the Rabbitohs were beaten five tries to one by the second-placed Sea Eagles in front of 19,785 fans.

Manly fullback Brett Stewart and beloved veteran Steve Menzies both scored two tries and move the Sea Eagles to within one game of a grand final by securing a week off and a Sydney preliminary final in two weeks.

The loss ends South Sydney's season and ensures the New Zealand Warriors, who lost to Parramatta on Friday night, will remain alive in the NRL finals.

Souths battled superbly all night, but just before the hour they were dealt a savage blow by the referees when the match hung in the balance at 12-6 after Matt Orford was felled after a kick and lay motionless on the ground.

With a parochial crowd baying for blood a touch judge belatedly insisted Shayne Hayne award a penalty, although replays suggested Orford had run into the back of Ben Rogers.

Manly attacked, led by the previously injured Orford, with Stewart eventually bursting over to extend the home side's lead to 12 points.

Former Souths captain Mario Fenech was livid at the penalty against Rogers.

"I have played rugby league for a long time and I have never seen a call like that at such a crucial time," Fenech said during commentary.

"The referee was duped."

Stewart added his second in the 68th minute to secure the victory for Manly before Menzies capped an outstanding night by touching down for his second try in the 79th minute from a Stewart kick.

But it wasn't all good news for the Sea Eagles, with winger Chris Hicks carried from the field in obvious distress from a sickening twist on his ankle which could end his season and NRL career before joining the Super League.

Manly led 6-2 at halftime after Menzies scored the 166th try of his career to move into outright second on the all-time tryscorers list.

Menzies pierced between two defenders in a vintage run to sprint 30m and score the only try of the first half.

But Souths equalised almost immediately after the break with towering winger Paul Mellor leaping above Michael Robertson to score off a pinpoint Joe Williams kick in the 42nd minute.

Manly forward Anthony Watmough however regained the lead when his spun out of a tackle and dummied over for a 12-6 lead after 51 minutes.

South Sydney's Kiwi Test forward David Kidwell made a surprising and successful comeback after missing five months with a knee injury.

Source: AAP

I am deeply upset at the media, i can't stand that Manly never gets any credit what so ever for its achievments, hearing, watching and reading what the guys across the media have been saying has been Manly did not win because thay were the better team, but Souths lost because they were screwed by everyone.

And now i fear if Manly win the premiership, it won't be due that they are the best team on the day, it will because the other mob was robbed. Manly for whatever reason always gets no credit for what they achieve, but i will cheer liudest when the win the premiership, and give the bird to the media.

i know you're not only talking about one refereeing decision, but you have to admit that it was an absolute shocker. came at a crucial time in the match, and was possibly one of the worst decisions this season in the context of the occassion and the timing.

not saying that orford took a dive, but you can see why players do. referee was going to play on until orford stayed down hurt.

i don't think that souths would have won anyway, but you can't blame them for being dirty at such a dud call.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCliffy#01 View Post
    I am deeply upset at the media, i can't stand that Manly never gets any credit what so ever for its achievments, hearing, watching and reading what the guys across the media have been saying has been Manly did not win because thay were the better team, but Souths lost because they were screwed by everyone.

And now i fear if Manly win the premiership, it won't be due that they are the best team on the day, it will because the other mob was robbed. Manly for whatever reason always gets no credit for what they achieve, but i will cheer liudest when the win the premiership, and give the bird to the media.
    Its because everyone bar their fans hate Manly.

Who cares whether some drop kick media 'personalities' don't credit Manly's achievements. If Manly win the big one, and they put it down to the other team losing, the record books will still credit Manly with the premiership in 2007. You can only play the competition your given, if they screw up on the day and you come home with the goods, its your good fortune and their tough luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Im glad Manly won..cause Soufs are out!
    I hope Russell didnt throw his phone when he heard the news! :woot:

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
    Im glad Manly won..cause Soufs are out!
    I hope Russell didnt throw his phone when he heard the news! :woot:
    Absolute Gold:hissyfit"

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCliffy#01 View Post
    Absolute Gold:hissyfit"